Angst

Oct 27, 2017
I know its a few months away, but it doesn't seem to have the equivalent hype as many other games of its caliber. Is Devil May Cry not as big of a brand as I initially thought? I feel like just about anyone should be able to get into hack and slash demon killing.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought the opposite, actually. Seems like it has much more mainstream appeal than the series ever has had before

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I think it's really obvious that people really wanted DmC 2 instead of 5. So the hype just isn't gonna be all that strong as it could've been due to that.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I feel like there's lots of hype on here. As for within the market. It's hard to call. I'm guessing it'll do really well give MS's co-marketing.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hype on era is through the roof. but mainstream i dont know. i guess we wont know until it launches.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You want a thread making machine for DMC? Because we already have someone like that for other topics on here.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
The game's press might not be hyped, but that's because the game is not something they can look good at all the time and because Capcom itself is putting out promo material through streams instead of their websites.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
It's hype levels seem about as high as is possible for a character action game. Every thread about it is largely full of people orgasming over every gif. I mean, it's never going to get to like Red Dead hype levels, but that's more a genre constraint than anything else.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DMCV's trailers have more views than Resident Evil 2's on YouTube.

Like, considerably so.

They hype levels are in a good place.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Disagree. It's my most anticipated game period right now next to the RE2 remake. Almost everyone I know seems to be in the same boat.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I know its a few months away, but it doesn't seem to have the equivalent hype as many other games of its caliber. Is Devil May Cry not as big of a brand as I initially thought? I feel like just about anyone should be able to get into hack and slash demon killing.

That depends on how big you thought it was. Best selling one sold 3 million which is pretty good.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We haven't really had any new juice to talk about since like TGS to be honest.

Just wait until TGA to see this forum pop off about DMC5.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
The game was on the hype train of each conference since 1200 BC, i am still in shock that it will release soon, someone wake me up please.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Dude we get a thread if a texture artist tweets about what coffee they had that morning

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I think the hype is quite strong for DMC5. In fact, I doubt there's any 2019 game as hyped right now except for maybe Resident Evil 2.

I feel quite optimistic about DMC5 even though I'm at the end of DMC4 and played through the HD Trilogy this summer for the first time and it's not a great series at all. Looks like DMC5 will raise the bar considerably.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
wat? The theme song alone has over 15 million views on youtube. NOt that that is an indicator of sales, but people lost their shit with this game. I expect it to sell significantly more than any previous DMC before it

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
In line with the multiple "what?"'s, it is very difficult to have missed the +25-page threads of people just discussing the DMC 5 reveal and information, and that's all after the last E3. There were threads, before that, that reached hundreds of pages of people speculating and discussing leaks. I have no idea how could anyone have missed that.

There's an argument to be made about DMC being mainstream or not, but I can assure you it is one of the most talked-about games in this message board, thanks to a very passionate and dedicated fanbase.

DMC threads are even notoriously known for going off the rails, most of the time because of DMC vs. DmC discussions.

DMC 5 was one of the most talked about games coming out of E3.

I think it's really obvious that people really wanted DmC 2 instead of 5. So the hype just isn't gonna be all that strong as it could've been due to that.

I really think it is the opposite. People were really happy, and relieved to some degree, that Capcom decided to revert back to the original series.

I think the hype is quite strong for DMC5. In fact, I doubt there's any 2019 game as hyped right now except for maybe Resident Evil 2.

Yup.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
There are big threads about Dmc5 on this forum. Did you try looking for them before creating this thread?

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Gonna be a bit less snarky...

We are between news right now, nothing much to discuss or whip ourselves into frenzy over. Wait for the next trailer and watch threads blow up