SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I respect it and will sign it, but there's absolutely no way in hell that car reveals on stage, hollywood actor pushing, movie tie in game reveals Geoff Keighley is ever going to take a stance on this on his advertiser friendly game commercial show.

He's not going anywhere near world politics, especially after last year's stage crasher.

Celestial Descend

Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Aug 15, 2022
Will there be reprecussion? I want people to speak out about what is happening in Gaza, but I don't want them to get fired for it. This is a dystopian world we are living in.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Signed.

Hoping that nobody's career in the industry is put in jeopardy by signing this.

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Dissapointing they aren't also mentioning Hamas and their crimes in this message, would broaden the support, to mention that civilians on both sides suffer.

Still, a honorable initiative!

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
It's a worthwhile cause for sure but realistically i really can't imagine Geoff risking the very thing he built to be mainstream for this in fear of sponsors etc. abondoning him.
It's too safe/mainstream of a show to ever touch a topic like this

But i'd be happy with an acknowledgment of the situation somewhat similar to back when Shawn Layden talked about the LGBT community and the shooting that occured in Orlando before starting the Sony E3 show years ago. Something heartfelt is all that's needed with some kind of mention of organizations that are worthwhile to donate to for the victims

Last edited:

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
It's a worthwhile cause for sure but realistically i really can't imagine Geoff risking the very thing he built to be mainstream for this in fear of sponsors etc. abondoning him.
It's too safe/mainstream of a show to ever touch a topic like this
0% chance a show like TGA would ever acknowledge something like this, unfortunately. Way too much money to be made to bring it up in any way besides a "moment of silence for all victims."

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Dissapointing they aren't also mentioning Hamas and their crimes in this message, would broaden the support, to mention that civilians on both sides suffer.

I think it's pretty obvious why: destruction, murder, and suffering inflicted by Israel against Palestinians is multitudes more massive than Hamas against Israelis.

Plus, many world governments and leaders are outspoken in their support of Israel, and actively funding their genocidal acts and/or selling/sending them weapons and intel for the job. Hamas is not a US ally who gets $4bn a year to wipe out entire bloodlines.

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
I think it's pretty obvious why: destruction, murder, and suffering inflicted by Israel against Palestinians is multitudes more massive than Hamas against Israelis.

Plus, many world governments and leaders are outspoken in their support of Israel, and actively funding their genocidal acts and/or selling/sending them weapons and intel for the job. Hamas is not a US ally who gets $4bn a year to wipe out entire bloodlines.
You are completely right, but I think a message acknowledging both would be less divisive and would have better chances of being heard.

Kerwop

Dec 15, 2017

I think that would confuse the message they're trying to send. It's the plight of Palestinians and atrocities of the Israelis government that get ignored. Hamas and their atrocities get plenty of attention across all forms of media already.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

I think I get where this is coming from when viewed as a practicality, but it's definitely disappointing to think that criticism of Israeli's genocidal colonialist occupation of Palestine has to be followed by an *editor's note: not a terrorist.

I'm also not sure how much it would even help. The fact of the matter is that people trying to support the Israel's genocidal actions are often willing to tell obvious lies in order to smear critics; probably most damningly, presenting the state of Israel as congruent with Judaism and the Jewish people so that criticism of the actions of the state is an attack on the entirety of the people.

Would trying to intentionally distance the message from the perception it might be supporting Hamas even help protect it from opponents who simply move to dehumanize Palestinians completely and paint them as fundamentally evil and destructive? Or would it simply create more surface area to conflate Hamas with the Palestinian cause as a whole so that any harm Hamas causes justifies the genocide against the Palestinians?