GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
thedirect.com

First Footage of Disney+ X-Men Reboot Released at Comic-Con

New footage for X-Men '97 was shown to fans at San Diego Comic-Con, and Marvel revealed Season 2 is alive and well.

www.marvel.com

SDCC 2023: Marvel Studios' 'X-Men '97' Update

Beau DeMayo and Jake Castorena revealed new details—and a never-before-seen clip—from the upcoming show on Disney+.

sdcc23_vod_006d_16x9_thumbnail_x-men_97_updates_right_0.jpg

Description of the footage from Reddit user raulc060190 who was there:

Hi, I don't feel like making a thread so here's a description of what I remember from the footage of X Men 97 at SDCC.

First off, the animation is pretty different. The designs are the same for the most part but the actual animation style reminds me of a mix of Boondocks and Invincible.

Footage from what I recall:

Storm and Cyclops are interrogating Trask, who refuses to cooperate and taunts them for not being able to break him. Cyclops says his wife can and we see Jean telepathically link with Trask. Jean is visibly pregnant. Trask seems trained at resisting psychic attacks and fights back. Jean is seen in her uniform struggling, as per usual X-Men TAS. She sees Master Mold and freaks out.

Then the team is shown on the jet. Cyclops and the team are discussing what to do with Trask when Wolverine says he should chop him up. Cyclops says no chopping up and Wolverine sarcastically calls Cyclops "dad" and jokes that it would be more like "cutting some weight".

Then the jet is attacked by a sentinel and the team falls. Rogue and Jean fly. Morph turns into Archangel and flies. Rogue saves Beast and Wolverine. Cyclops does this sick spin in the air and then slows his fall with his powers. He superhero lands and says "To me, my X-Men." Everyone poses. It's majestic af. End

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Not sure how I feel about Invincible being a point of reference as that never worked for me, but I know some people like it.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Hey, look, they actually acknowledge Morph! The lack of respect my boy Morph gets is sickening.

Put him in some goddamn comics, give me some more goddamn figures.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Where's Gambit? Whenever Gambit is not on screen, why aren't all the other characters asking "Where's Gambit?"

ironjoe

Jan 26, 2018
NYC
I hope to hear many weather based comments by Storm. She better not just hit someone with hail and fucking say nothing. I want something like:

"COLD WINDS OF THE NORTH, HIT MY ENEMIES WITH YOUR COLD COLD BALLS OF ICE"

Fuck I'm excited.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Last time we did a thread on this, someone was like "ugh, you're all repeating jokes from the Honest Trailers"

Those jokes in the HT hit hard because we were doing those same damn jokes back in 1992. You know my ass was caught in a rain storm in the late 90s when I didn't have a car and I started yelling "WINDS...HEED MY WORDS..." in a warbly ass voice. Or saying "razzum frazzum" or yelling Jean and Scott - we also yelled "Kaneda" and "Tetsuo!!!" as well, even before Wizard started making it a reoccurring joke.

Where's Gambit? Whenever Gambit is not on screen, why aren't all the other characters asking "Where's Gambit?"

Gambit'll be there. Gambit will show up faster than a gar fish snatching a crawdad, mon ami.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this actual 2D animation, or 3D that's meant to look like 2D?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
you can always tell people who grew up with TAS because they actually care about Gambit

southwest

Sep 15, 2022
I've heard the animation is pretty bad. I enjoyed Invincible's animation but that really suited the comic.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You'll die, frozen and alone! But I'll track you down, just for the pleasure of burying your bones!

Bengraven