LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
How's your day going so far? Office here is practically a ghost town aside from warehouse workers.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
welcome-to-the-party.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm working as well, but I'm both working from home and today is my last day of my current job so whatever.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I am also at work. It's totally dead. There is nothing to do and there's almost nobody here. The office is closing early so it's just a half day but I'm dying sitting here. I'm just refreshing pages to try to find something new to read and post on. So thanks for the topic.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Same here. I basically save a lot of my PTO for birthday, christmas and new years, which is all around the same time.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Going to do some lyft driving for extra holiday money to kill the time. The day before holidays are the worst. They just drag

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I love working around holidays from home I'm basically earning money by watching movies and playing games on the side. It's so damn quiet on support around Christmas.

Taking weeks off is for the chaos weeks, not for ghost town weeks.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I don't take off on days like this because it's effectively a waste of a vacation day since nothing's going on anyhow.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting at my desk in a mostly empty office. I'll gladly use my vacation time during the busy season instead :)

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Same, extremely quiet. Director gave a ton of tasks on Monday to complete this week and I feel like "that person" because I'm sending emails and actually trying to get them done but nobody is responding or available.

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
I'm off this week, but I am doing a little side hustle work. Three more weeks of work after Thanksgiving and then I'm taking an entire month off.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Same... I mean I'm not American but still.

I'm doing very little work though, just to get into the spirit of things.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm at work too.

Seeing numerous emails yesterday about Happy Thanksgiving...because I'm off until Monday was kinda irritating, lol. I just chose to not take off.

But...we might get Friday off, wont know until later today.

Sitting at my desk in a mostly empty office. I'll gladly use my vacation time during the busy season instead :)
Same.

From mid Oct til Jan is slow for us so I'll gladly take at work vacations. Meeting today at 8am, still waiting around for another one on one meeting and probably wont get any work for today until this afternoon.

I'm not complaining, lol.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I'm trying to take some time off, but we are a small org and the team's paychecks rely on me doing my job well, so I keep doing small things.

SpudBud

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I work evenings but I have to go in early tonight to finish things. At least I have tomorrow and Friday off.

SpottieO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Work has been dead the whole week, granted I work from but I've received like 5 emails this week lol.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Working indeed, but WFH. Seems that a lot of the people I usually communicate with took PTO today, so it's a pretty easy day for me.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
WFH today. Going to lightly do work but mostly just clean the apartment up.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
At my last job we always had to come in for a half day the day before Thanksgiving. It was a preschool though, so there was always like maybe three kids there because everyone else had started their Thanksgiving break and was spending time with family. It was utterly pointless.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I work from home. Today I hear my daughters cleaning the house (love the distant sounds of toilet brushes and vacuuming!) and my wife is currently singing loudly over My Chemical Romance's Black Parade in the kitchen as she preps & precooks for tomorrow.

It is a little slice of heaven TBH.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Shit...I'm also WFH...and I forgot about getting off half a day the day before major holidays ....and I cant remember if we got off half a day last year.

Now I wonder whats gonna happen for us today...

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
its chaos, not only did a ton of folks have scheduled off.....a ton of folks called in. Parts showed up for a ton of products to get repaired, we have crap lying everywhere.

ITS MAYHEM RIGHT NOW.....ABSOLUTE MAYHEM!!!!

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I started working about an hour ago and wasn't feeling it, so I decided I'm done for the day since nothing critical MUST get finished today. I'm taking Friday off, so this nice long weekend is starting early.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Technically I'm supposed to be working today (WFH), but I flew out unexpectedly to visit my grandmother who's being put on hospice and passing away soon. Heading over to the nursing home to visit her today.

So....not really working.

Bengraven