Edmond Dantès

It belongs in a museum!
Aug 24, 2022
Alexandria, Egypt
Gandalf and Balrog in 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'

Durin III did something pretty significant in Season 1 by placing a leaf down a very long cave, and we were introduced to the Balrog. How much does that factor into Season 2?

ARTHUR: Well, we know it's there; we, the audience, know it's there. Whether he will appear in Season 2, I mean, what do you think?

I'm saying that there's a good possibility that the Balrog could make a presence.

ARTHUR: Possibly, possibly. I'm not allowed to say. I mean, I'd love to tell you. I'd love to bring you on to the set and go, "Listen, this is what happens, this happens here, and this happens here." I'd love to tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. I want people to discover it in that moment.

Full interview with Owain Arthur:

Lifejumper

#1 Celtics fan / #7 Serbia fan
Oct 25, 2017
Sauron gonna make the balrog sleep again and thats how he will trick the dwarfs.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
They keep trying to get me excited by showing off all the cool villains we'll see and it's working, because I otherwise would have been perfectly fine skipping this.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome - now go watch the movies so you can compare (will this finally convince Edmond to watch the movies?)

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountainside where he smote it in his ruin.

Arkaine

Oct 30, 2017
What will the Balrog do if it appears in season 2? Roar a bit again?

In the lore if happened in the final year of the reign of Durin VI, TA 1980. They found the Balrog while mining for Mithril. It attacked Khazad-Dum and killed Durin VI.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
I thought Balrog wasn't ever going to act again after all the questionable stuff he said years ago but honestly it's been enough time and I believe in giving people second chances.