DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Ever seen this bridge? It's a truck hungry bridge that embarrasses foolish drivers with trucks taller than 11"8' if they dare to pass. Videos are uploaded here: http://11foot8.com/

The train trestle prominently featured in all the videos here has earned a reputation for its unrelenting enforcement of the laws of physics. If your vehicle is taller than 11 feet and 8 inches, and you challenge this bridge, you might find footage of your experience on this website. If you have any questions about this, email me at info [at] 11foot8.com.

Just today a US Army truck thought he was stronger:
dka0jffvzgtds57qzkwv.gif

There are many more videos on the site:
xbn5szrotr4vr7msr0gz.gif

d4py6tfsrozt3coaekdg.gif

beware the 11 foot 8 bridge

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a classic. I get a bit of satisfaction watching some truck driving yahoo ram his top into it.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it didnt show the height, hence the accidents, but it's on BOTH FUCKING SIDES

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
There are canals all along the Delware river on both the Jersey and Pennsylvania sides and some are actually lower than this. One is around 10'11" near where I work. The spot over the road is covered in the imprints of several different trucks with drivers who weren't paying attention.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Greatest bridge ever made. Brooklyn, London, Golden Gate, Tacoma Narrows, Ponte Vecchio, Rialto, none of them have anything on this marvel of human engineering and human stupidity

Oct 25, 2017
why wouldn't they put up lights and a more prominent warning?
It won't matter. There's a similar bridge in my town and no matter how many warnings they put up, truck drivers still ignore them. (Edit to add: just looked it up, it's 11' 8" too.)

There is one warning I'd like to see them try, but I doubt they will since it's water based, and it gets cold around here:

https://i.imgur.com/vg0Vbbd.gifv

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's something strangely satisfying about watching people crash their trucks into this bridge, but boy is that bridge well constructed.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Sure it's funny to watch, but these dumbass truck drivers ignoring the warnings are a hazard, in several examples there are other cars around them as they hit the bridge.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I will say I wish google maps and other map apps had options for vehicle height and would make sure to direct you to bridges that can accept that size. I have to drive 26' box trucks a lot for work and I have to chart my course ahead of time since there are so many low bridges clearance bridges around where I work.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's a bridge here in Melbourne that gets similar "praise". I believe it's under 10 foot.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
This shit is hilarious for some reason. The truck rental businesses must make a killing from people not buying insurance.

Flabber

Oct 31, 2017
I feel bad for laughing, but sometimes it's nice to know that someone else had a worse day than you.

What's the standard height for this kind of truck? It looks like it must be near enough 11'10" with the way they're tantalisingly close to fitting underneath.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
why wouldn't they put up lights and a more prominent warning?

If it's the same one I've seen before, they literally have flashing lights for multiple stoplights ahead of the bridge, they also have electronic height monitoring on multiple lights before the bridge that tell drivers they're too tall. There's signs everywhere. It's almost cartoonish how many signs and flashing lights there are before the bridge, and yet...here we are.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that people are still hitting this bridge.

I wonder if a fucking horn would help.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
If you watch the videos there is a marquee right on the bridge that tells the trucks they must turn, several times you can see the message on it clear as day. Really the only other thing they could do is bar trucks from going down that road at all.

Kayo Police

Nov 4, 2017
Man seeing the All My Sons Moving truck hit that bridge made me feel so good, those bastards damaged some of my stuff during my last move and straight up lied about it.

oo7

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This the one in Apex, NC? Pass under it from time to time on the way to the shops.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
If you watch the videos there is a marquee right on the bridge that tells the trucks they must turn, several times you can see the message on it clear as day. Really the only other thing they could do is bar trucks from going down that road at all.

They could shoot the people after driving through it.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I work a few blocks from this bridge. It's a local legend. I'm surprised people still run into regularly, given how well-known it is now. I suppose they are mostly people from out of town.