pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
www.texasobserver.org

Ag Commissioner Sid Miller’s New Transphobic Dress Code

An April 13 memo from the Department of Agriculture welcomes “Western wear” but requires employees to dress according to “biological gender.”

Transgender and gender nonconforming employees of the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) received an unwelcome surprise last Monday: a new dress code that continues Governor Greg Abbott's campaign of anti-LGBTQ+ oppression. The Observer obtained a copy of the policy on Friday.

The opening sentences of the memorandum, titled "Texas Department of Agriculture Dress Code and Grooming Policy," include the following language: "Employees are expected to comply with this dress code in a manner consistent with their biological gender." Running afoul of the new rule could carry serious consequences. The memo also reads, "Violation of this agency policy includes remedies up to and including termination." While provided without context, it is clear that the new policy is intended to single out queer and trans
employees for censure.

The article goes on to later point out that even cisgender people could run afoul of this new policy, for instance a cis woman wearing mens formal wear would technically violate it as well. But we all know who the first targets of it will be, slamming the closet door right in the face of trans and nonbinary people. No word yet if other Texas government agencies are following suit, but I assume they will be.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Hah, I don't dress as my biological gender since I was 13 or so. Was lucky enough to never have big issues in college/jobs

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
someone tell these losers that royalty dudes use to wear dresses, heels, make up, fancy hair, etc

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
www.texasobserver.org

Ag Commissioner Sid Miller’s New Transphobic Dress Code

An April 13 memo from the Department of Agriculture welcomes “Western wear” but requires employees to dress according to “biological gender.”

The article goes on to later point out that even cisgender people could run afoul of this new policy, for instance a cis woman wearing mens formal wear would technically violate it as well. But we all know who the first targets of it will be, slamming the closet door right in the face of trans and nonbinary people. No word yet if other Texas government agencies are following suit, but I assume they will be.

Yup. Wanted to point out pants suits that are women tailored. Once again an anti-trans policy spills over to effect ALL women's rights.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is "western business attire" anyway? Is this Sid Miller fucker just trying to give himself an excuse to wear a Boss Hogg cowboy hat to work?

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh .. man.. these guys just keep digging.. just because at this point. They keep trying to top themselves with their bullshit:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The trans discourse around "biological gender" from conservatives is so dumb.

They don't want "cross dressers"

so they would make it illegal for a passing trans woman to wear womens clothes????? They'd have a passing trans man wear a dress???????

Its the same as the bathroom stuff. They don't ever think these things through.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
They didn't specify an era.

Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg

so they would make it illegal for a passing trans woman to wear womens clothes????? They'd have a passing trans man wear a dress???????

Very relevant tiktok:

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@vonny_von7/video/7224936757429669163

The discourse also frequently ignores the part where there are tons of cisgender women who cannot give birth.

Last edited:

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
They keep saying "biological gender" as if they're going to magically make it a real thing.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Gotta distract from those felony charges his consultant got selling $100 hemp licenses for $150k for "exclusive" rights...

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

Going so far that a cis woman wearing pants is against the rules.

ironjoe

Jan 26, 2018
NYC
Well anything other than a long skirt and chastity belt would be unwomanly, so clearly they're on the right track here.

These people are weird sick creeps with genocide on the mind.

Oct 27, 2017
How would they even know what your "biological gender" would be anyway? Are they gonna have somebody checking in your pants at the door or something?

Seems like Texas and Florida are racing to the bottom.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Well anything other than a long skirt and chastity belt would be unwomanly, so clearly they're on the right track here.
That's definitely their ultimate goal. Under His eye.

How would they even know what your "biological gender" would be anyway? Are they gonna have somebody checking in your pants at the door or something?
Probably set up a tip line for conservative employees to rat on the people they don't like.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Some people need to get a fucking life. Who cares? Let people dress how they want. It doesn't effect anyone.

megamanofnumbers

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
OH HO HO!

This is going to go real well with the very same white "feminists" that are on that end of the pond!

nanhacott

Technical artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
"Must dress as their biological gender" just means that trans, non-binary, and intersex people get to do whatever the fuck they want.

Either that or we'll need a list of the 'biological" markers they're looking for, and submit everyone for testing for clear and easy categorization. Let's get every Republican to publicly release their hormone levels, chromosomes, and a detailed and notarized description of their genitals so we can determine their wardrobe. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

CJSeven

Oct 30, 2018
I'm guessing they know this will get blocked and is intended to launch some sort of hail mary legal challenge to EEO, but I don't see it getting far even in conservative courts. Protection against sexist dress codes/harassment is already established with plenty of precedent.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
I'm guessing they know this will get blocked and is intended to launch some sort of hail mary legal challenge to EEO, but I don't see it getting far even in conservative courts. Protection against sexist dress codes/harassment is already established with plenty of precedent.

You're giving them way too much credit. There's no master plan here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
If it fucks up EEO then all the better for them but they don't really care if it's overturned. They want to do the damage. They get credit for doing it and don't get blame when it's overturned and fuck whoever gets hurt in the process.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I'm wondering how much the payout would be for plaintiffs suing the DoA for infringement upon their rights when this is so blatantly illegal. As I've said in the other thread, the very real danger of a slew of hefty fines for floating these "stunts" is the only way I can realistically see them stopping.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Do dresses just malfunction if you're not AFAB or something? It's fucking clothing.