Oct 25, 2017

The next combo of hard hitting content arrives November 10th for TEKKEN 7 in Season Pass 4 DLC16 & 17.

Kunimitsu returns to #TEKKEN as a new playable character along with a new stage, the Vermilion Gates.

This latest update will also feature enhancements in game balancing, new moves, revamped user interface, rank system renewal - including a new rank of TEKKEN God Omega, TEKKEN Prowess performance tracking, online gameplay improvements, and a fun PAC-MAN 40TH anniversary collaboration which features a PAC-MAN stage (playable for a limited time) and numerous PAC-MAN themed customization items.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Is there a relatively easy way to catch up if you have base Tekken 7?

I wanted to dive back in, but at the time it felt like if I got all the seasons it would cost more than I paid for the base game (60$) lol

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

I wanted to dive back in, but at the time it felt like if I got all the seasons it would cost more than I paid for the base game (60$) lol

It goes on sale on PS4 pretty regularly. The first two season passes are on sale right now.

-edit-

In the UK Season Pass 1 is £6 and comes with Geese & Noctis, Season Pass 2 is £10 and comes with Lei, Anna, Armor King, Marduk and Negan.

The game itself is pretty cheap as well right now. It's £8 in the UK or £12 for the game plus Season Pass 2.

In the States the first two season passes are half price on PSN. Similar deals available on the game and the Season Pass 2 bundle.

Bamco do sales on Steam pretty regularly as well. Looks like they're charging regular price right now but I figure they'll be included in the Autumn sale at the end of the month.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Good to see, hopefully the netcode improvements are a sign of things to come. *prays for SoulCalibur*

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really really hope the netcode is good and if it is that it finds its way into Sc6

Hope you can remove the mask for Kuni on any costume. Lemme use the Urban Ninja costume with the hoodie but with no mask

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Damn her theme is fucking fire. Tekken has so many season passes and characters out now that I never know what to try. It doesn't help that they're still pretty expensive even when they're on sale.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation

Since you have the base game, the only way to get everything is to buy the following:
- Eliza (she was a free pre-order bonus character)
- Season Pass 1
- Season Pass 2
- Season Pass 3
- Season Pass 4

For someone without the base game, it is simpler to get everything:
- Tekken 7 Ultimate Edition (includes SP1, SP2 and Eliza)
- Season Pass 3
- Season Pass 4

DarkCloud12X

Oct 27, 2017
Launching on the same day as the series X and still 720P. That coincidental backhand to those of us on that ecosystem.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
^^^Technically, the Pac-Man stage is just a re-skinned version of the Arena stage. The stage itself is physically the same dimensions either way.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Since you have the base game, the only way to get everything is to buy the following:
- Eliza (she was a free pre-order bonus character)
- Season Pass 1
- Season Pass 2
- Season Pass 3
- Season Pass 4

For someone without the base game, it is simpler to get everything:
- Tekken 7 Ultimate Edition (includes SP1, SP2 and Eliza)
- Season Pass 3
- Season Pass 4
Ouch. I'm better off picking and choosing which characters look interesting to me.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Please Harada/Murray please don't fuck it up again.
The whole Season 3 was a huge disaster, the balance was unapologetically worse it was ever been in any Tekken history.
All of the S3 were low execution, high reward characters and quickly became the meta and unfun to fight against. They were nerfed but that only lowered them from being unbeatable to SS tier (they're still unfair, very easy to play but have way to high rewards and few risks).

It was so obvious what was wrong but they did not attempt to correctly fix it and left the game in a broken state.

Hopefully they can turn it around with S4, I really want to play some good ass Tekken with excellent rollback netcode can't wait to decline every single wifi player I see.

Last edited:

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
^^^ Don't blame Harada for the hot garbage that came from S3. That was all Michael Murray's fault since he took over for Harada last year as lead producer of Tekken.

Judging by how significant the balance patches were after MM was absolutely destroyed by the community, my guess is that game balance overall (not just for a select few to generate $$$) is the focus this time. We'll see.

Ouch. I'm better off picking and choosing which characters look interesting to me.
You can do that, but just know that you won't be able to lab in Practice mode against the characters that you don't buy.

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
Even as someone with only wifi as an option I think this is an update I look forward to.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Even as someone with only wifi as an option I think this is an update I look forward to.

Ever tried Powerline? Especially the newer adapters (av2 tech) are basically like lan, give it at least an honest try. Avoid wifi for (fighting) games at all cost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

Like I said to Krazen the game and the dlc go on sale very regularly on the digital storefronts. If there isn't a sale the individual characters tend to go for around $5 or $6 depending if they're guest characters or not, the season passes tend to go for half price or similar on a very frequent basis.

The game is pretty damn cheap to pick up. If you're on Steam wait till the end of the month as it is very likely to be in the big Autumn sale, if you're on PS4 check out the offers that they have on the game and the dlc right now.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Like I said to Krazen the game and the dlc go on sale very regularly on the digital storefronts. If there isn't a sale the individual characters tend to go for around $5 or $6 depending if they're guest characters or not, the season passes tend to go for half price or similar on a very frequent basis.

The game is pretty damn cheap to pick up. If you're on Steam wait till the end of the month as it is very likely to be in the big Autumn sale, if you're on PS4 check out the offers that they have on the game and the dlc right now.
Yeah, T7 Ultimate (which has the game and two seasons w/Eliza) was normally $90, and I sent my buddy a text in early May where it was on sale for $27.

It eeally does have big discounts from time to time (except the new stuff).

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
rcQKSsW.gif

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Tekken is now 4 instead of 3. Read well.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Interested in the season, but I learned my lesson from getting the previous passes too early. I will play for a few more months if the online improvements are any good. Hope they give Bob and Lili some buffs.

Weird that there are seemingly no updates for next gen? PC was already so far ahead for this game, I cannot imagine what it must feel like playing it in 720p on Xbox Series X.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Started playing Tekken 7 and it's been a blast. Still trash it, though. But Bryan and King are fun as hell.

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
I will jump back in depending On how well they implement rollback netcode, also did they improve the load times? I would pur hase a ps5 version if they improved the load times alone.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Finally!

I've put this game aside for months but now it's time to take off the rust!

I really hope they've done a good job with the netcode and the balancing.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
The rollback netcode improvement is an implementation a the real rollback netcode or changes in their current "rollback" netcode?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
After Harada's rather nonsensical comments, I'll believe Tekken 7 has rollback when I actually see it for myself.

Still 720p on the world's most powerful console.

Moving UE4 games from one version to another is for some reason a really big problem, the version Tekken 7 runs on doesn't support Xbox One X. SFV suffers from this stupid shit too re: Pro support.