Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
The NBA playoff commercials are horrible

Is this actually good or are you folks having a laugh

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Seen a couple of episodes.
Its alright, it worked better as a 4min. sketch.
Also, doesnt help they're repeating the jokes they did in the sketches years ago.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Thread backfire. Reported. I requested you to be permabanned. One of the best new shows of the year.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
I chuckled a few times, seems fine

"How many countries are in this country" is a good line, you mix them up and people get PISSED

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Fun concept but it looks like they are going for the lowest of low hanging fruit with the jokes.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Shame it's stuck on Apple, I'll have to remember it when I do a trial sometime next year.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The show is excellent and you are a bad person. Sometimes the jokes don't land perfectly but it's got heart.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Interested in this and Apple seems to have some decent shows but there's no way I'm paying for it when my trial ends in November.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Just wait for the Ted Lasso/Arliss crossover episode

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who doesn't care for soccer at all, I really love this show. Bill Lawrence is just a great showrunner.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I binged the available episodes this morning, and it really is good.

I wasn't aware of it being an NBC Sports Network sketch, and it makes so much sense now seeing the credits stating it's based on an NBC production.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I was surprised it's actually good. I was drawn in by the scrubs creator piece. It's such an easy and casual watch. No harm trying out the first couple of episodes.

Oct 25, 2017
Loved it. Burned through the first four but then my wife fell asleep so had to stop. Apple has few shows but damn they give you bang for your buck. Or free, as in my and most cases it seems.

Entertaining. Cliched and tropey but it's pandemic and there is jack shit new programming on.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I also quite like it. Initially had no interest after the trailer but good word of mouth made me check it out and I'm definitely gonna follow along.

Oct 26, 2017
I love it. The trailers don't do it justice. It somehow walks the thin line of a positive family friendly program with very adult situations and language.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Loved it. Burned through the first four but then my wife fell asleep so had to stop. Apple has few shows but damn they give you bang for your buck. Or free, as in my and most cases it seems.

Entertaining. Cliched and tropey but it's pandemic and there is jack shit new programming on.
Even if your wife was wide awake you would have stopped. Only 4 of 10 available. You're right about the quality of Apples offerings though. I've watched far more of it than I have Disney+.

Oct 27, 2017
I saw the commercial for this during the NBA games today too. The ads from 6 years ago were great but I initially thought, "Really? That old thing?" when I saw the commercials for this earlier. I guess I'll check it out after reading all the praise in this thread, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Even if your wife was wide awake you would have stopped. Only 4 of 10 available. You're right about the quality of Apples offerings though. I've watched far more of it than I have Disney+.

Oh shit, I thought there were five, I shut it off immediately after 4th ended to not autoplay and don't realize. Damn, thought I had it to look forward to tonight

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
There is a BBC show that recently aired and one of the main characters is an American player newly transferred to a made up Premier League team and the owner is American as well.

That is really funny and despite being a cynical person who doesn't like "easy jokes" (the trailers were full of them) I found the show surprisingly refreshing and intelligent, especially going in as someone that is a football fan it didn't feel like it was dumbed down to appeal to non-football fans, but there were many jokes you could only really appreciate as a football fan.

It's called The First Team.

I suppose I should give Ted Lasso a shot seeing too.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
OP
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.