Oct 27, 2017

Please give us even a crumb of Tales of Arise news. I didn't think I would miss the yearly releases of this franchise, but I actually really do, especially with it being four plus years since Berseria released.

Some ports would be nice too. Honestly, I'm just sick of seeing Tales of the Rays updates. That game doesn't even look bad, it looks great even, but unfortunately they delisted it a few years ago off the App Store.

Anumariku

Jan 8, 2020
I'm with you OP. 4 years since Berseria is kind of stunning to think about, and it feels even longer than that tbh.

Should we expect any updates from this stream in terms of new games/Arise updates?

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I loved berseria at launch and love the series.
No Arise news has been pain, hopefully we get the blowout we need.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
At a point where I don't get my hopes up anymore for seeing Arise in any sort of capacity. I'll see it when I see it. I've been burned too many times (by my own expectations)

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Tales of Destiny Director's Cut re-release for Switch. Come on, already!

Nall

Oct 25, 2017
Love this series and should be finishing up ToV DE some time this week. I'm ready for some ToA news. Or a Series Collection of sorts.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of mind blowing to think, that if Arise ends up getting a ps5 version, that'll mean Tales completely missed the PS4 gen since Berseria and Zestiria were on PS3, and Vesperia was just a remaster...

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Can't wait for absolutely no game news other than character announcements for the 10 mobile games they have running.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The promised a lot of Arise news this year, so it would be super disappointing if there was none at this show.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Surely we must get arise news around that time, or before it. I'm really hoping we'll see a remaster too. Fingers crossed

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
The promised a lot of Arise news this year, so it would be super disappointing if there was none at this show.
Surely we must get arise news around that time, or before it. I'm really hoping we'll see a remaster too. Fingers crossed

Game is coming out this year. Although with Scarlet Nexus being a summer title, I assume Arise will be out in the Fall.

Still, I feel like before Q2 starts we should see -something- and this feels like the best place.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Looking forward to a potential Arise release date, maybe some online co-op?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Hoping for at least one of the following
-An enhanced port of a old classic Tales game such as Phantasia, Eternia, Destiny
-An enhanced port of a somewhat modern Tales game such as Abyss, Legendia, Symphonia + Dawn New World
-An enhanced port/re-release of Graces F, Xillia+Xillia 2 or Hearts R
-A translated first time WW release of Destiny 2, Rebirth or Innocence
-Remake of Phantasia in the likes of how Star Ocean 1 ended up by SE
-Reboot of Tempest
-Collection of Tales of the World Trilogy

What we'll probably end up getting
-Some shoddy mobile port or a new mobile spinoff
-Anime announcement
-Arise release date and trailer

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Is it time?

vEFzS7q.gif

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Game is coming out this year. Although with Scarlet Nexus being a summer title, I assume Arise will be out in the Fall.

Still, I feel like before Q2 starts we should see -something- and this feels like the best place.
Crazy to think that it'll be more than 5 years between Berseria's release and Arise's release in all likelihood, with Berseria releasing Summer 2016 in Japan. Hopefully it's worth that type of change. I personally think they missed their timing (likely due to COVID) and as time keeps going on the increased production values they were eager to show off are only going to look more and more pedestrian. Regardless, I'm excited as a fan and I think Berseria is the best game in the series so I'm hoping Arise continues where Berseria left off.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
While I would love both, if there was a Smash reveal it would be happening around the event on Nintendo's own broadcast rather than NB's
This is true, and I fully expect this to be the case. However, with the Amiibos launching around the same time as the Tales festival, and the launch of new amiibos generally launching around the same time as a new DLC fighter, there seems to be a lot of repetition here with Steve's announcement before Minecon.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This has been my fear, even though I love what I've seen from Arise. My S.O. and I love playing through these together, and have been doing so for years. It would be a massive bummer if there's no co-op in this.
I'm in the same boat. Been playing the tales of series with my siblings since Symphonia on Gamecube and would be crushed if they ditch co-op.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Hoping for at least one of the following
-A translated first time WW release of Destiny 2, Rebirth or Innocence
-Reboot of Tempest
-Collection of Tales of the World Trilogy

What we'll probably end up getting
-Some shoddy mobile port or a new mobile spinoff
-Anime announcement
-Arise release date and trailer

- There was some odd 25th year anniversary celebration on Bamco twitter accounts which featured trailers for each entry preceded by a PEGI rating, it included jp only title like Destriny 2 and others titles that had their PEGI changed. It raised some eyebrows, coupled with the fact these trailers all avoided showing in-game text (including previously localized titles) but some characters were named differently than in the original localization (Destiny antagonist notably).
EU PR commented than all trailers had to have PEGI rating, but there's some inconsistency on that looking at some previous trailers shown on Bamco twitter accounts.
They also stopped this celebration for holiday vacations (it was 1 day = 1 trailer for 1 episode before) and haven't proceeded since, stopping abruptly after Symphonia
Mind this is a bit slim as hints but mayyyybe there is something, I wouldn't bet on it but it's not totally outside the realm of possibilities

- Of course it won't happen, but as a fun trivia 7th Chord just shut down a few days ago, they might have worked on something related to that at some point but it's obvious it was canned long ago and all works on it might have been lost and/or is rotting somewhere on a Bamco JP hard drive or something

- Each new Radiant Mythology pretty much made the previous entry redundant, there's not much point to it really

- There was no mobile port since a Phantasia one like 5-6y ago iirc, mobile games are dedicated entries and they have 3 running concurrently in Japan (Asteria, The Rays, Crestoria) with the last one having been released fairly recently, a 4th one doesn't really make sense at this point (but when they kill Asteria a new one might come, same way Crestoria came after Link was shutdown)
- I don't know what was the ROI on Zestiria the X but audience and BD sales were middling at best and dissapointing at worst, they might not try the cross-media approach again for now. Though an older title getting a random adaptation could happen, especially if it's concurrent with a port/rerelease (Destiny could be a good candidate maybe)
- Yes

squall211

Jan 24, 2018
I'm pretty hungry for more "Tales of" news. I remember streaming Berseria last....Feb-March (?) and thought about replaying Zestiria afterwards (sue me, I like it), but decided not to since I didn't wanna burn myself out on Tales games with Arise coming in 2020. That did not go as planned. :D

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
Port all the really old games on pc, especially the ones that never made it to the west.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Tales of Arise footage please.

I wouldn't totally mind an Xillia/Xillia 2 remaster collection. And I guess that's probably all we can legitimately hope for. It's actually crazy that it's been 4 years since Berseria.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Is it too foolish to hope for meaty Arise information/footage? Maybe even a release window or date (like, say, Summer/Fall)?

Covid fucked shit up big time, but considering it was first announced for a 2020 release date, they should have plenty of presentable things to show.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
why would smash bros show up in a paid event that has nothing to with nintendo?

Based on the Minecon event, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for a Lloyd/Yuri announcement the first week of March, then a little talk/discussion/preview during the event.

Of course, Nintendo could still do something unexpected for a non-Nintendo event. Although I think it's unlikely since they like to confirm reveals ahead of time.

Give me Arise info and a Graces port!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the Minecon event, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for a Lloyd/Yuri announcement the first week of March, then a little talk/discussion/preview during the event.

Of course, Nintendo could still do something unexpected for a non-Nintendo event. Although I think it's unlikely since they like to confirm reveals ahead of time.

Give me Arise info and a Graces port!
I'd assume there would be a game announcement for Nintendo or something to coincided with a smash character

datschge

Oct 25, 2017
This being a Tales of Festival event it will likely contain no new announcements.

Time for them to hopefully confirm local co-op
The only console Tales games without local co-op are Phantasia SNES (being the first Tales game) and Legendia (not being by the usual developer), would be odd for them to stop supporting local co-op now (I rather want them to focus more on it, like including a 1vs1/2vs2 training mode and advertise it more).

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just curious about any new information on Tales of Arise. I'm not sure if it will be released this year or if it will end up being delayed to next year.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Give us something Arise. Remember when Square Enix held one of these events and revealed only 1 piece of key art for 7 Remake? You know what? That was at least something.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Is it too foolish to hope for meaty Arise information/footage? Maybe even a release window or date (like, say, Summer/Fall)?

Covid fucked shit up big time, but considering it was first announced for a 2020 release date, they should have plenty of presentable things to show.

A release window has decent chances, a date depends on how close it is. Generally they confirm release dates for Tales games when they're about 4-5 months away, so if they're aiming for July or August we'll probably get a release date by March or April. My guess is the game won't be releasing any later than September, but we'll see.

I wouldn't really be surprised if they're not too centered on the event itself though, so we might see more of the game beforehand. These particular events haven't been a place for big info drops and announcements in the past five or six years, they've started to prefer more mainstream events and showcases.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dear Bamco,

Give me Phantasia PS1 and Destiny Remake

Sincerely, Weiss

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
A release window has decent chances, a date depends on how close it is. Generally they confirm release dates for Tales games when they're about 4-5 months away, so if they're aiming for July or August we'll probably get a release date by March or April. My guess is the game won't be releasing any later than September, but we'll see.

I wouldn't really be surprised if they're not too centered on the event itself though, so we might see more of the game beforehand. These particular events haven't been a place for big info drops and announcements in the past five or six years, they've started to prefer more mainstream events and showcases.
I've been out of the Tales series for ages (incredibly excited for Arise, though), so it's good to know, thanks!

It's gonna be interesting to see what they do then. This is already a very peculiar event considering the big delay of both it and the game. They could either go all out or choose other venues to tide us over, depending on how far off the release is.