Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Cause remember 3 out of the 4 Spiderwomen fly.

marvel-spotlight-32-1651518697280_veky.1080.jpg

Mattie Franklin
VviNLQl.jpeg

Charlotte Witter
9c5027e9cc38025fc7961e03d5f6d83d.jpg

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
i want gwen 😭

can gwen be spiderwoman? i don't know my lore. i will assume she can be.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Hey look! It's the character that had "Venom Blasts" decades before Miles Morales even existed!

edit: Just so it's clear and not ambiguous at all, that's Jessica Drew. Introduced as "Arachne" back in 1976.
Vezd9Tk.jpg

Image grabbed from Marvel Fandom

It'd be super-rad if they made a Spider Woman game next. There's just so much they could pull from!
Of course, there's the incredibly popular Ghost Spider "Spider-Gwen" and Cindy Moon "Silk," and I wonder if they'd even go with an Ashley Barton (even though I bet she'd have an interesting as all hell story).

i want gwen 😭

Spider-Woman is what people "in-universe" call Gwen Stacy of Earth-65, yes. Or at least they did (I haven't gotten into the vol 2 omnibus yet).

Last edited:

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
hot take: flying around like Superman on new york city "wind currents" in a Spider-Man game is some cockamamie bs

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Ghost is such a dumb name.

She's Spider-Woman. Hopefully whenever they finally introduce her in the films, its Gwen.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Akiba756

Oct 1, 2020
Sao Paolo, Brazil
No, but she had the power to make Peter Parker horny for her. And she was horny for him in turn.

I still find that bizarre, Dan Slott wanted to introduce a new love interest for Peter, fine, but instead of doing the usual "grow to like each other over time" he does: "by the way, since they were bitten by the same spider, they both get horny when they get close to each other"

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
hot take: flying around like Superman on new york city "wind currents" in a Spider-Man game is some cockamamie bs
eh, the flying in Spider-Man does feel like gliding or being carried by wind. I imagine Superman flying will/should feel very different.

Spidey glide is what I hope Kat from Gravity Rush to feel like, but with added ability to shift gravity as well

Feb 16, 2022
No, but she had the power to make Peter Parker horny for her. And she was horny for him in turn.
Can we just stop with this, please. Writers like Greg Pak and Robbie Thompson have worked their asses off to salvage the character from that shitty beginnings too much for it to still be the only thing people talk about when talking about her character.

Jan 23, 2022
Damn Marvel really created many Spider-Women. I forgot about the Franklin and Witter. They could make a game with just Spider-Women.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey look! It's the character that had "Venom Blasts" decades before Miles Morales even existed!

It'd be super-rad if they made a Spider Woman game next. There's just so much they could pull from!
Of course, there's the incredibly popular Ghost Spider "Spider-Gwen" and Cindy Moon "Silk," and I wonder if they'd even go with an Ashley Barton (even though I bet she'd have an interesting as all hell story).

Spider-Woman is what people "in-universe" call Gwen Stacy of Earth-65, yes. Or at least they did (I haven't gotten into the vol 2 omnibus yet).

Spider-Ghost is such a dumb name.

She's Spider-Woman. Hopefully whenever they finally introduce her in the films, its Gwen.

Before I saw into the Spiderverse I though "Spider-Gwen" was the stupidest thing because I thought she was actually called "Spider-Gwen" in universe. It would have been if they called Peter Spider-Peter or Miles Spider-Miles.

Glad I was wrong.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still find that bizarre, Dan Slott wanted to introduce a new love interest for Peter, fine, but instead of doing the usual "grow to like each other over time" he does: "by the way, since they were bitten by the same spider, they both get horny when they get close to each other"

Other writers went out of their way to get rid of that as soon as possible.

Every time writers focus on Peter's love life, you will see some of the worst writing imaginable because they try to make drama and are very, very, very bad at it. (Marvel Editors have made it VERY clear that they do not want Peter in anything that even resembles a stable relationship.)

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
i want gwen 😭

Well if you dont mind spoilers of the game not story wise but groundwork for the next game in the ending, but read at own risk.

At the end Miles his mother has been dating a new man, he comes over for diner with his daughter Cindy Moon, who in the comics is Silk

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was setting the mechanics for the inevitable playable Goblin Harry and his Goblin Glider in the midquel or full sequel, but sure, bring on Spider-Woman.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Can anyone recommend *good*, *recent* runs of different Spiderwomen? I'm not into Peter Parker but I liked reading Miles stuff, but I think I've just seen Spiderwomen/Jessica Drew stuff while reading other characters series (especially Cpt Marvel).

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Gwen doesn't fly so why bother. Comics people don't care about the other Spider-women