BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Good. I mistake the Remedy "R" for the Rockstar "R" on a daily basis. Something has to be done about it.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Let's commit some cRimes.

I hope this gets laughed out of court (if it even makes it that far).

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
This is ridiculous. I mean, if anything, Remedy should be suing Kojima for the OD logo lmao, but they won't because suits like these are petty and asinine in every way.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I figured it. They are paying Remedy to make Max Payne 1 and 2 Remake and then suing Remedy to take that money back XD So basically they are getting MP1/2 Remake for free XD

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
512px-Rockstar_Games_Logo.png

I can see it. Both have the letter R.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck is wrong with that fucking company?
Some companies are just fucking nuts about this stuff. 'Immortals: Fenyx Rising' wasn't always cursed with that fucking awful name - it was 'Gods & Monsters' until Monster (the energy drink) came at Ubisoft:
After a couple more extensions, Monster Energy filed its notice of opposition in April, saying it made the Monster trademarks famous long before Ubisoft filed its application, that it had a history of using the name in gaming and esports, and that Ubisoft's trademark would likely cause confusion or even deceive consumers as to the provenance of its goods.
www.gamesindustry.biz

Ubisoft renamed Immortals: Fenyx Rising after trademark dispute

Ubisoft changed the name of its upcoming open-world action game from Gods & Monsters to Immortals: Fenyx Rising after t…

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Some companies are just fucking nuts about this stuff. 'Immortals: Fenyx Rising' wasn't always cursed with that fucking awful name - it was 'Gods & Monsters' until Monster (the energy drink) came at Ubisoft:
www.gamesindustry.biz

Ubisoft renamed Immortals: Fenyx Rising after trademark dispute

Ubisoft changed the name of its upcoming open-world action game from Gods & Monsters to Immortals: Fenyx Rising after t…
Monster Hunter was too big of a target I figure?

Oct 28, 2017
getting the same vibe from this as when the sky tv company sued microsoft for sky drive claiming they essentially own the word "sky" or when bethesda tried to claim that they own the word "scrolls"

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Take-Two legal when it's time to pick a fight for absolutely no reason whatsoever:

le-bron-james-miami-heat.gif

Also, they're literally working with these people on the Max Payne remakes. Just fucking talk to them???????? 😭 😭 Get laughed at behind the scenes instead of making yourself look the fool in public.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
Whichever law firm Take-Two uses, they need to change it or at least tell them to chill the fuck out or they'll sue themselves soon enough.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Monster Hunter was too big of a target I figure?
According to Automaton, Monster Energy had asked the Japanese Patent Office to cancel trademark resignations for other companies, including Pokemon and Monster Hunter, whose names featured some variant of "monster." Plus, Monster Energy objected to the use of the titles Monster Hunter Cross and Monster Hunter as a brand and specifically targeted Pokemon X and Y as well as Sun and Moon. The free-to-play mobile game Monster Strike received similar criticism from Monster Energy.