Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

taiko-drum-master-logo.png

Several notes:
- It will be the first time a Taiko no Tatsujin game will be localized since Taiko: Drum Master on Playstation 2 on October 26 2004 in North America.
- It seems like it will keep its "Taiko no Tatsujin" title even in the west.
- One could think that this logo would only be for the english patch planned for the asian release, but the game with this exact same translated name has already been rated in the Australian board of classification, further pointing at an imminent localization announcement.
- If past history is anything to go by, the chances that the playlist will be modified for the western release is pretty high since it's what happened with Taiko: Drum Master on Playstation 2
- There's a demo on the japanese eShop if you'd like to try it and an official OT here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ta...-switch-version-ot-joy-don-ft-hdrumble.56162/

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. I like how they're keeping the Japanese name as well. Everyone already knows it by that anyways.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
n00b question: do these games still come with drums?
I had to import the game and the drums separately for the Switch version so they aren't bundled.
I would have to believe though that they would try bundling drums with the English version though because the niche group of people here that would want it would want them with the drums anyways.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's probably coming west to a region or two. For what it's worth, it'll likely have a completely different track list between the Japanese and western markets, so importing (especially when an english patch is coming soon) isn't the worst idea if you love this series.