Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Which do you like?

slwbba8hwer21.jpg

Always been a fan of the longsword/claymore. Boring and basic, but I like the clean look.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Where's the bastard sword? If I have to have a sword, I'll pick that one. With a shield.

But if I can pick something else than a sword, you can give me a spear. Swords are way inferior in combat except in very specific matchups.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
Egyptian Khopesh, if I can't look like some kind of barbaric space druid who needs to fend off bulbous death vines from intruding on my phosphor swamp then really whats the point in having a sword

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, my mall ninja memories are coming back to me.

Anyways, you forgot the best one, op.

QtKta6p.png

You can take it apart and turn it into more swords. So tight.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Dadao, machete, or shamshir. Weebs have ruined the katana's coolness (and I'm fn Japanese saying that shit).

If it were listed, I'd go with the superior Japanese sword, the nagamaki.

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
Give me the claymore...

Swords are cool. Always thought if I had disposable income, I'd like to have a replica William Wallace claymore from Braveheart.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Either the Zweihander or Dragon Slayer (sadly not pictured on the chart) for my favorite.

Oct 27, 2017
The size of the falchion vs. other much smaller swords (going by the measurements) is bothering me.

Anyway, as someone with very little experience of swords in real life I feel like personally a short short or gladius would be the best option. You could easily handle it with one hand and it being smaller and lighter means in theory you should have more control over the blade while still being able to hold a shield in your other hand. Of course the bigger swords look cooler, but I'm looking at this from the perspective of me picking up a sword tomorrow and wielding it to a degree whereby I don't immediately kill myself with it.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
Zweihander because I am a short person that loves to be the big bulky characters in games or prove size doesn't matter in real life for what I can.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Love a traditional long sword, although the falchion has a place in my heart. Not literally, though.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where's the bastard sword? If I have to have a sword, I'll pick that one. With a shield.

But if I can pick something else than a sword, you can give me a spear. Swords are way inferior in combat except in very specific matchups.
This. Best of both worlds 1H/ 2H (and limitations of both, as well).

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
attachment.jpg

For something a little different here are some examples of the sharks tooth weapons used by many Pacific Islander people.