• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Sent my choices for the veteran poll. I hope OricWindstar likes reading long convoluted essays! (I kid, but I wrote far too much lol)

what if we got two DK characters but it was Funky Kong and Dixie

and then there were no references to kremlings at all

Usually when you state a hypothetical like this, there's a downside.

I see no downside.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So I saw this game on gamefaqs smash board and thought it would be fun to share here.

You can pick one series currently in Smash and double it's roster, who are your newcomers for that expanded roster. You can pick a series with 1 character and give it a second, or flood the roster with so many Mario or FE characters people will cry.
imma rep Pokemon

-Gen 7 PT (Rowlet, Brionne, Incineroar)
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Pichu
-Blaziken
-Victini

All vets are back, revisited PT, and all gens got a mon! Though ideally I'd have Mimikyu there lool.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Did it ever surface as to who contacted who about getting cloud in Smash 4?
Sakurai asked Square Enix.

https://sourcegaming.info/2016/01/20/sakurai-x-nomura-creator-interview-2016-part-one/
Sakurai: This isn't an exact number, but among the requests for a Final Fantasy character to appear in Smash, around ¼ to ⅓ of the requests we got from fans were for Cloud. I really wanted to answer the desires of those fans, and even though I thought it would be impossible, I reached out anyway, just to try.

Nomura: When we first talked, I asked "are you sure you're okay with Cloud?" He's not a character from a new game, after all.

Sakurai: But on the other hand, if you think about who to add from Final Fantasy, it's hard to come up with a choice that's not Cloud.

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
I've been a defender of the mode for ages. I think people put to much hope into the board game part of it and expected some sort of Mario Party mode - if they accepted it for what it is rather than isn't they'd probably like it more.

For me it's basically the best bit of Smash Run (the final match) over and over again. Even in single player it's just fun to play a few rounds of random matches with random rules with random characters. Heck, for me, if they removed the board and just made it a list where you got these random matches 'jukebox' style I'd be really happy.
Yeah, the board game part isn't really defines the mode. Though it is fun scrambling to pick up a fighter you want on the board before someone else gets it, lol. It's the matches that make the mode really shine, though.

completing all the Smash Tour-related challenges taught me to truly hate Smash Tour

I once ended up in a Giant Match and the CPU opponent standing next to me used an item to start the match with a Hammer and I got hit by the Hammer before the announcer even said Go

uncool
But the ridiculousness of it is what makes it so fun! It is a party mode, after all.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
We all know Sakurai went all Bricktop on SE about Cloud.

SE: You're asking us for Cloud in Smash? Well you see Sakurai...

Sakurai: "I wasn't asking. I was telling!"

Nah. Sakurai is too nice.

Donizetty

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Mexico
We all know Sakurai went all Bricktop on SE about Cloud.

SE: You're asking us for Cloud in Smash? Well you see Sakurai...

Sakurai: "I wasn't asking. I was telling!"

Nah. Sakurai is too nice.

I like more this version from the that old place where I was never admitted as member:
Garlador said:
Sakurai: So, who should we use in Smash Bros?
Toriyama: Lightning!
Sakurai: Do we want someone from the NES or SNES era?
Sakurai: I mean, I guess we could use Terra or Butz...
Sakurai:... Well, probably not Butz.
Sakurai: We know FF7 is the most popular...
Sakurai: ... But it was also the game you backstabbed us with...
Sakurai:... Just like Sephiroth did to Aeris.
Nomura: Can I draw Link fighting Cloud?
Toriyama: No, Lightning!
Sakurai: Sure.
Nomura: Okay. Let's use Cloud.
Toriyama: Noooo!

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I like more this version from the that old place where I was never admitted as member:
I can never comment on Lightning because I've never played her games.

I had outgrown FF by then. Then a couple years ago (around the time Lightning Returns was coming out) I though, Hey, maybe I should get back to FF! Then I read what FFXIII played like and never touched.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man all you have to do with Zelda in FFA is spam Teleport. I got banned from playing her in FFAs cause I always came in first by just Up-B-ing in random directions.
Yeah, I don't know what these Zelda complaints are because whenever I play FFA For Glory and someone picks her, they're usually kicking ass with the deadly teleport attack. Pretty cool that move has KO potential now.
They are the worst.

They hate that 3rd party characters are popular and believe they ruin the purity of Smash.
This is why I'll always "ehhh" on Sami from AW, because to me it feels a lot of those votes for her were mostly for "Snake don't fit, get him out, but give the moveset to her it'll work".
you know what actually ruins the purity and craft of smash?

miis. ban them forever.
lol, nooooo
Making Mii Fighters with fitting outfits and certain equippable strengths and weaknesses was a favourite pasttime of mine. In fact I hope they'll only expand on the concept, give extra options so that my deformed mii characters feel even more like what I'm trying to make them be.
Making Mii Fighters as customizable as Emerl from Sonic Battle would be the best, allowing Miis any A or B moves taken straight (as far as that's possible) from the different Smash fighters themselves. This will take a hugemongous amount of work so I don't expect anything of that level, but hey I can dream. Instead of that I'll take three new Mii Fighter job classes too (Magic, Spear/Pole/Staff and Club/Axe are high on my want list).

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I like to think that Sakurai has been locked in the Smash vault since 1999 and so he went to Sakaguchi.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I'll always "ehhh" on Sami from AW, because to me it feels a lot of those votes for her were mostly for "Snake don't fit, get him out, but give the moveset to her it'll work".

That's a strange way of looking at it. I feel like most of these posts are lamenting the loss of Snake and his fun moveset and want to see it return, even if the character never can. Plus, a beloved series gets representation - everybody wins!

Definition of beloved may vary, but in my heart I know it's the truth.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Okay, I did the poll. Took me 20+ minutes to write my sin. Holy schmoly it ended up a bit long. 800 words

Oct 25, 2017
Screen_Shot_2018-05-04_at_2.20.16_PM.png

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have an issue with bayo being good, but I do have an issue with character who are continuously bad in each game even among casual play like Zelda and Jigglypuff.

I mean, Zelda is the titular character of one of Nintendo's largest franchises, and one of their most well known characters that many people like and have a connection to.

She clearly deserves better than what she's got in Smash.

Obviously I think they should improve on their super lackluster movesets (BoTW Zelda to the rescue), but the idea that a character "deserves" to be competitively strong is pretty laughable, to me anyway.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's a strange way of looking at it. I feel like most of these posts are lamenting the loss of Snake and his fun moveset and want to see it return, even if the character never can. Plus, a beloved series gets representation - everybody wins!

Definition of beloved may vary, but in my heart I know it's the truth.
I think the best we can hope for is bits and pieces of Snake's moveset to appear in other new fighters' movesets, but a near 1:1 copy seems weird. Especially since AW games themselves have no grenades, homing-missles, C4, landmines etc (unless the Gamecube entries did. I never played those tbf). Sami is a cool looking character and I wouldn't be mad if she somehow made it in, but I'd like her moveset to be something better fitting to AW.

Sheik more or less has the grenade, so now we need a character that could use something akin to C4. Like a remote detonation mine...
Oh damnit, one Rare character that could easily fill that spot, lol. Maybe she can be added alongside Banjo Kazooie :^)

Sceptre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's some kind of 3ds-like mode, where the game runs in 3ds' aesthetic
some character just looked extra adorable on smash 3ds

Sceptre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Don’t post NSFW material on the forum.
I also really hope we get a smash run mode

[MOD EDIT: NSFW image removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I just thought of a new half-joke character

THIS GUY:
solatorobo-red-the-hunter-(dsi-enhanced)-(u)-nintendo-ds.jpg

All of his attacks are grabs and throws

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Oh yeah, who's going to the Smash Invitational tourney? I think I'm going and might be meeting up with some other LA Era members.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
My hope for Waluigi in Smash was maybe 90% of my motivation to buy a Switch.

Don't let me down.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Idea. DLC pack featuring:

Twintelle
Olivia
Zelda (BOTW)
Pyra
Mr. Frosty
Snake
I'm not sure it would make much sense within the lore of Xenoblade 2 to have Pyra without Rex. And wouldn't BotW Zelda be in the base roster?......wait a second....you're going for the Kimishima Special, aren't you?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure it would make much sense within the lore of Xenoblade 2 to have Pyra without Rex. And wouldn't BotW Zelda be in the base roster?......wait a second....you're going for the Kimishima Special, aren't you?

I like how you approached it as a serious suggestion and pointed out the problems first. Never change, Neoxon.

Status
Not open for further replies.