Banned
Sep 10, 2019
14_sethconcept01.jpg

14_sethconcept03.jpg

14_sethconcept04.jpg

14_sethconcept05.jpg

Finalized design
14_sethconcept06.jpg

This character design is the scrapped character which was Gen's apprentice but also a Seth body it seems.
14_sethconcept02.jpg

Edit: I got the designs mixed up, my b!

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, some of those are great. Gen's apprentice also looks awesome. I wonder if she was scrapped in favor of Seth?

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Gen's apprentice looks neat. I think the tanden engine (?) In the eye looks off though.

That first design for Seth would have been hilarious, just due to those eyes.

Edit: Oh, I guess they were mixed up.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Some pretty crazy designs.

I think this is a rare case where I like the final version best, though.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Can I take this opportunity to rag on Bengus 2D art for SFV. The story mode art for Seth is some new kind of awful it aint time constraints either cause at this point the awfulness is the style he went for SFV for some reason.

Also I know he probably didn't do anything above its probably one of their in house concept teams.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Gen apprentice is weird.

And wow, they really went with the best concept art for Seth.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Gen's apprentice looks terrible, but the scrapped Seth design looks great.

It's really strange that the two look like they should be swapped... why would Seth look completely different and the apprentice look like female Seth? I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the idea because that would be too confusing

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
would have been cool if Seth was a bit more buff (but keep the same hairstyle!), compared to men the ladies in SFV seems to be extremely similar body shape wise.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, so like Zarya from overwatch type muscular?

Yeah.

Like, if we can have something like Abigail then I don't see how having a lady with, say, Yun/Rashid/Vega's physique (they're the leanest guys that come to mind not counting scrawny FANG) would be unfeasible.

Last edited:

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.

Like, if we can have something like Abigail then I don't see how having a lady with, say, Yun/Rashid/Vega's physique (they're the leanest guys that come to mind not counting scrawny FANG) would be unfeasible.

Yeah true. The women of SF are muscular, but they all still have a very feminine figure, maybe with the exception of R.Mika who's got a thicker physique

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Story-wise, an apprentice of Gen being a "good" copy of Seth is way more interesting than what we got. But we ultimately got the best character design, because the apprentice one is hideous.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy with the final design, but I really like the fancy Mary Poppins-esque design too. Imagine a timeline where we got a character trailer of some random-ass aristocratic woman brushing her hair away from her eye and revealing a yin-yang symbol underneath. People would have freaked.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
that mary poppins chainsaw arm girl is too similar to alisa from tekken imo