• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What system(s) will you get the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection on?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 378 38.0%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • Nintendo Switch

Votes: 469 47.1%
  • PC/Steam

Votes: 227 22.8%

• Total voters

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User was banned 24 hours for: needlessly hostile insults towards other users and stacked previous warnings
Just go to the original rumor thread on this when it leaked for October release with no Switch or PC. Rumor was spot on, they delayed this to cram in PC and Switch because USFII is like the only thing that has performed above expectations for Capcom lately.

You don't know what you are taking about as usual. Like just stop, because you have no proof they delayed this. This incessant Nintendo fanboyism is making you delirious.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
I can see a lot of people making the comparison between this and usf2, and it is valid as hell but I'm wondering if we'd even see this collection were it not for usf2 performing the way it did.

The last classic SF title we saw was... 3s OE? Capcom has held back on releasing back catalogue titles alongside AAA games in the same series for some time and I have a feeling that it was only USF2 selling as well as it did that made them reassess releasing this.

We've been waiting a hell of a long time for the alpha series to come back to current gen consoles, so yeah in truth it stings a touch having bought usf2 during an eshop sale, but I'm not that mad.

The guys who bought USFII get all the props from me

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can see a lot of people making the comparison between this and usf2, and it is valid as hell but I'm wondering if we'd even see this collection were it not for usf2 performing the way it did.

The last classic SF title we saw was... 3s OE? Capcom has held back on releasing back catalogue titles alongside AAA games in the same series for some time and I have a feeling that it was only USF2 selling as well as it did that made them reassess releasing this.

We've been waiting a hell of a long time for the alpha series to come back to current gen consoles, so yeah in truth it stings a touch having bought usf2 during an eshop sale, but I'm not that mad.

This was originally rumoured for an October release. The only think USF2 made them do was delay it for a Switch version.

Oct 25, 2017
God damn Third Strike!

Do they have online?
street_fighter.png

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
"Arcade Perfect" and "Digital Eclipse" is an oxymoron. Time and time again I see "arcade perfect" in PR only to be disappointed. I clearly don't expect perfection... but how likely is this to be even close?

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
12 games at $40 is a crazy good value. I wish Street Fighter EX showed up but I understand why not.

Also, the achievement/trophy hunter in me wants each game to have a separate list and its own Platinums. But that means playing Street Fighter for longer than five minutes.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gotta get arcade stick now on switch. Was waiting for some fighting games before committing.

Still I need Dpad joycons for portable mode. These games are made for my daily commute.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
it took 24 years, but we have a perfect home port of super turbo.

what a time to be alive.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
It's not a true collection of the arcade Street Fighters without Street Fighter The Movie, Street Fighter EX+ and Street Fighter EX2.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have a pretty good feeling this was originally greenlit for everything but Switch.

Remember, this collection also had USFII screens in it in the original leak. Tells you how their expectations were met with reality, and had they released this with USFII in there and no Switch SKU, Capcom's PR would have hit Satan's sub-basement.

It's almost comical.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Damn so Street Fighter started 30 years ago too?
Shit, so we got SF, MK, Mega Man, FF, Uncharted, and Metroid Prime 3 all with big anniversaries this year!

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Online third strike is the one. Troacadero used to be my jam playing multiplayer 3rd strike.

Was such a bummer having no online play with the dreamcast version.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I wonder if PS4 owners can get HD Remix as a PS4 exclusive... that would be nice, since I own the game in my account but I don't own a PS3 anymore.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
USFIV was probably too much to port for the budget/price point they wanted to hit. I feel like tossing it in would have bumped it up to $60. Still a really good value but not as HOLYSHITWTF as $40 already is without it.

Maybe an individual release could be in the cards down the line. A physical PS4 release or a Switch port would be nice.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember, this collection also had USFII screens in it in the original leak. Tells you how their expectations were met with reality, and had they released this with USFII in there and no Switch SKU, Capcom's PR would have hit Satan's sub-basement.

It's almost comical.

Wow, I didn't realize USFII was going to be a part of this package initially. Damn. That would have been an amazing PR fiasco.

Oct 25, 2017
You don't know what you are taking about as usual. Like just stop, because you have no proof they delayed this. This incessant Nintendo fanboyism is making you delirious.
Fs6g79Y.jpg

I mean if european websites were scheduling it for October and now it's 7 months later with a new platform added to it, I would guess some of the reason for the delay would be for launch parity along with more work being done to accommodate a new SKU.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Yo. I think this is the game that's gonna make me finally buy a Switch. I'm def getting it for PS4 too, but being able to have all of classic SF on the go is too damn tempting.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Got damn...will buy this on PS4. After buying multiple fighters on Switch, I deem them unplayable for the Switch's original configuration.