Dec 25, 2018

View: https://www.twitch.tv/desa35

Desa is a very prominent KH speedrunner and is attempting an incredibly tedious feat. The KH games are quite tedious and notorious for having exuberantly grindy platinum trophies. Right now he is doing the first ever platinum speedrun of KH ReCoM, which easily will likely be 20+ hours or like 24 hours to complete. I'm interested in how KHBBS will go since the platinum for BBS has a WR of about 27 hours. It's going to be legendary once this is completed, as it is the first attempt of anything like this ever.

He already has crashed once and had to restart the series 2 times. One attempt he accidentally overwrote his save in ReCOM for Sora and had to restart, the other being that the notorious puppy crash in KHFM happened to him.

KH2 also has a credit crash that can happen which will be absolutely devastating if he happens to crash during that.

Last edited:

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like quite the undertaking. I wish him luck in this nightmare task.

OP
OP
jukeboxhero2396
Dec 25, 2018
Hah, this happened to Sarah the other day too:

View: https://twitter.com/thesarahkey/status/1553513168315490304

Re:Com definitely seems like an annoying plat. I wish him luck.

It's one of the worst, and actually it was even worse on the PS3 because you had to beat the game 6 times.

For context, in ReCoM you need all enemy cards, all map cards, all attack cards, magic cards, item cards, all sleights ect. You need like 20'000 munny and sell like 10'000 munny worth of things or something.

It's an incredibly tedious platinum trophy, and then Riku LV 99 takes like 8+ hours worth of grinding to reach. You also have to watch 358/2 even though you can skip the scenes, you still have to watch it.

Although, I will argue KH ReCom plat is one of the cooler KH speedruns because it features RNG manipulation for enemy cards, so you can get a guaranteed drop. It's super unique and I really love it can be showcased live. It's a shame the rest of the plat is just a nightmare to deal with. At least he doesn't have to play through the game 6 different times though.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
I've platinumed all the KH games on ps4 except for BBS (which...I probably will go back for some day. I just want to replay the game on a lower difficulty so I'm not fighting the super bosses with Terra on critical difficulty)

Recom is definitely a podcast platinum, so good luck there - you can manipulate RNG to take out the worst of the grinding, but you still need to level to 99 with both Sora and Riku. Sora has screen nuke attacks which is... something. Riku does not! It takes a while.

Meanwhile though, I think going for the platinum actively made me appreciate Dream Drop Distance more - there's a ton to that game that you just don't need to engage with on a regular playthough. So it's not all bad news!

OP
OP
jukeboxhero2396
Dec 25, 2018
I've platinumed all the KH games on ps4 except for BBS (which...I probably will go back for some day. I just want to replay the game on a lower difficulty so I'm not fighting the super bosses with Terra on critical difficulty)

Recom is definitely a podcast platinum, so good luck there - you can manipulate RNG to take out the worst of the grinding, but you still need to level to 99 with both Sora and Riku. Sora has screen nuke attacks which is... something. Riku does not! It takes a while.

Meanwhile though, I think going for the platinum actively made me appreciate Dream Drop Distance more - there's a ton to that game that you just don't need to engage with on a regular playthough. So it's not all bad news!
Definitely, KH3D is an overlooked plat as well since the game is loaded with content but I think a majority of people overlook how much there is. The affinity grind is rough to deal with, but it can be accomplished through Monstro as well. I'm interested to see how Desa will grind, because on the 3DS you could use an AR card to infinitely grind materials.

OP
OP
jukeboxhero2396
Dec 25, 2018
Apparently KH ReCoM can now be fully RNG manipulated, such an insane run to watch. He is approaching completion of KH ReCoM soon, the Riku grind was 6 and a half hours to get to LV99.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the worst, and actually it was even worse on the PS3 because you had to beat the game 6 times.
Lol I did this. I have all Platinums on 1.5 and 2.5 on PS3. I wish I waited until the PS4 versions came out with the nerfed Platinum requirements. But To be fair, I was pretty much a shut-in at that point of life so I had all the time in the world.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, Chain of Memories was a nightmare to platinum for me. I did all the RNG manipulation and that was smooth sailing. But at the end I had bad luck getting a Joker card with Riku and I had to grind for several days even after reaching Lvl 99.
Still my favorite game in the series tho.

benbeau

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All things considered; I didn't think getting CoM's achievements was that bad when I was going through the series.

BbS was a fucking nightmare though. Having to complete that game's garbage ass post game 3 times is too much.

OP
OP
jukeboxhero2396
Dec 25, 2018
All things considered; I didn't think getting CoM's achievements was that bad when I was going through the series.

BbS was a fucking nightmare though. Having to complete that game's garbage ass post game 3 times is too much.
The content is not bad, it's just before RNG manipulation it took forever. The fact that basically every single reward can be manipulated is definitely a game changing feat.

He wants to do BBS plat within 24 hours, the previous WR is 27 hours. Desa also mentioned that you would save massive amounts of time if you have a PS5 just due to the sheer amount of load times.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I thought about Platinuming the KH series since I loved it as a kid. But it has a LOT of "fuck you" trophies that put FF to shame.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I messed up with bbs. Started on critical 100% ventus. Then mysterious figure is impossible for me as terra. I'll do it again one day on easy

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Having finally gotten them all myself, I can say that I hope BBS doesn't kill their drive.

I wonder if this includes MoM since that one has that Kill 100k Heartless trophy that might force more than 24 hours. It'll be hell on their hands either way.

OP
OP
jukeboxhero2396
Dec 25, 2018
Desa finished BBS in 26:28:19, unfortunately the timer broke 25 hours in though. Within 24 hours is apparently possible though.