Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
A note about spoilers:
(Edited July 3rd, 2022)

• The thread is now open spoilers for both Volume One and Two of season 4 as well as for all previous seasons of Stranger Things. Thanks!

QC8wqMx.gif

cpBXaHs.jpg

KqWqWsH.jpg

Volume One (episodes 1 to 7)
May 27th

Volume Two (episodes 8 and 9)
July 1st

bqJlsNX.jpg

The epic penultimate season of Stranger Things is here!

And be prepared for the most ambitious season yet. The episodes in season 4 are considerably longer, with most of them being 75+ minutes long.

Matt Duffer told The Wrap, "[Episodes] seven and nine in particular are movies. And nine is a long movie."

The tone of the show will also be a bit different this time, with a darker and more horror-like style. The Duffer brothers told Variety that while season 3 was influenced by movies like "Temple of Doom," "Romancing the Stone" and "Jurassic Park", season 4 was influenced by "A Nightmare on Elm Street," "Hellraiser" and the "It" miniseries.

Early impressions:

Useful links:

• Stranger Things 4 - Volume 2 Trailer
www.youtube.com

Stranger Things 4 | Volume 2 Trailer | Netflix

It might not work out for us this time. The epic 2-part season finale of Stranger Things 4 premieres July 1st, only on Netflix.

• Stranger Things 4 - Volume 2 Sneak Peek
www.youtube.com

Stranger Things 4 | Volume 2 Sneak Peek | Netflix

You can’t stop this now. The story continues July 1st with Stranger Things 4 Vol. 2, only on Netflix.

• Stranger Things 4 - Volume 1 Final Trailer
www.youtube.com

Stranger Things 4 | Volume 1 Final Trailer | Netflix

THIS FRIDAY the world turns upside down. Vol 1. May 27.

• The Stranger Things cast recaps seasons 1-3
www.youtube.com

Stranger Things 4 | ST Cast Recaps Seasons 1-3 | Netflix

Less than a week to go & the Stranger Things cast is here to get you caught up just in time for ST4. Stranger Things 4 Vol. 1 premieres May 27th, only on Net...

• Stranger Things 3 Recap
www.youtube.com

Stranger Things 3 Recap | Netflix

One more refresh ahead of ST4 returns on May 27. It’s time to revisit the story of Stranger Things Season 3.

• Stranger Things 2 Recap
www.youtube.com

Stranger Things 2 Recap | Netflix

It's almost here. Catch up on Stranger Things 2 in under 5 minutes before Season 3 returns this July 4. Watch Stranger Things, Only on Netflix:https://www.ne...

• Stranger Things 1 Recap
www.youtube.com

Stranger Things 1 Recap | Netflix

Let’s go back to the beginning. It’s time to revisit the story of Season 1 before Stranger Things 4 returns on May 27.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The biggest show of the summer. Hype is ridiculous. Can't wait to see what they do this season. From everything that's been talked about, it sounds like a fantastic romp.

Can't believe it's been 3 years since the 3rd season. 1st season is peak Stranger Things but the 3rd season was a welcome return to form after a somewhat lackluster 2nd season.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if any of the main characters will actually die this time. That's been the one thing about the show that the continued run has kind of frustrated me with - the plot armor everybody seems to have.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of the finale coming in later. This way we can still binge the big chunk of the series, talk about it with friends and then hopefully everyone is on the same point when the finale hits. This avoids a lot of spoilertalk

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
holy shit @ the first 8 minutes

This season is going to be crazy... we have been waiting for so long

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Time to reawatch S3. I dont remember a damn thing about this show. Something about upside down world and evil Russians.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah a S3 rewatch is in order.

Kenobi, Stranger Things S4 and Top Gun in the same week. Shit is hype

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
Those episode lengths holy mama it really shames GOTs final season " movie length episodes" quotes that they threw out before that season 8 aired
The GOT finale deserved to be at least 2h30m long like the ST4 finale

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if any of the main characters will actually die this time. That's been the one thing about the show that the continued run has kind of frustrated me with - the plot armor everybody seems to have.

^^^

I get that it's a family friendly show but gosh does it feel absolutely toothless for a story pulling so much from 80s horror/King. It doesn't help that the cast keeps growing larger and larger every season.

OP
OP
Conditional-Pancakes

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
^^^

I get that it's a family friendly show but gosh does it feel absolutely toothless for a story pulling so much from 80s horror/King. It doesn't help that the cast keeps growing larger and larger every season.

I feel the new characters they're introducing each season are some of the best, though. No? I mean, Max (Sadie Sink) and Robin (Maya Hawke) are among the best characters of the show to me.

And everybody is saying season 4 is a lot darker and more horror-like, so hopefully it will have more teeth :)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
^^^

I mostly just hope that now that the kids are grown up, they can take the blatant death fakeouts from Steve and Nancy and spread them out to the rest of the cast. If one of the original kids dies, it would be pretty ballsy.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Ooooh. Y'all aren't ready for the ending of episode 4!!! People are going to be shook up!

It is darker, but it's not like the other seasons weren't dark. It's more relentlessly dark? Plot armor is thinner?

Also I think it's the best season since season 1, as far as I've seen.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely ready for this.

Did not expect volumes 1 & 2 to be split up this way, obviously episode 7 will have a cliffhanger of some sort.

But for season 4, please always use spoiler tags for all spoilers past the first episode. Thanks!

We're talking about after the first volume drops, correct? Don't really want to see spoilers (without tags) of the first episode throughout the week before the show drops.

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe S4 is almost here. S3 feels like it came out so long ago even though it was only 2019.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Despite the immense amounts of plot armor for the main recurring cast so far, I'd like to think that they've still been responsible in providing thrills. Season 3 was the show's greatest balance act of levity and horror yet, the flayer stuff was good shit. Can't wait for what new depths they'll go with in Season 4.

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know of a good recap/summary video of S1-S3? I forgotten alot and i don't have too much time to watch it all over again :/

May 10, 2018
Before we found out the runtimes I think most people were assuming we would get 5 episodes for volume 1 and then 4 for volume 2.

With the runtimes and the fact that there are only 2 episodes for volume 2 makes me believe episode 7 ends on something massive.

Been a long time but I remember the important stuff from season 3 so I won't need a recap.

May 14, 2021
Started my rewatch of season 3. Outside of Hop being fucking stupid in the beginning, still great. First 8 mins of season 4 killed my plan to wait for all episodes to be up. I'm in day 1. This series is just special.

OP
OP
Conditional-Pancakes

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Episode 7 is like an hour and forty minutes long! It's a freaking movie, and very much paced/edited like one too.

Oh, it's good to know that the movie-length episodes are paced and edited like movies and not just like extra-long TV episodes.

I'm generally not a fan of the recent trend of splitting seasons in two, but the way it seems to have been done here with episodes that are basically movies is very intriguing. I must say I'm kind of excited about the format of this season.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Netflix has cut together one hell of a recap video, it's been three years since S3!

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'm pretty amped for this, but man that 7-2 seasonal split is so strange. I wonder if they just didn't have any natural stopping points until episode 7? But then at that point.. just put them all out at once!