Oct 26, 2017
Knights in the Nightmare Remaster announced for Switch, iOS, and Android - Gematsu

Wowzers, they just keep coming! First was Yggdra Union, then Gloria Union, and now Knights in the Nightmare. Just Riviera now to go (and Yggdra Unison but that was more of a spin-off?).

This and Gloria Union are wholly-owned by Atlus though, so they should be willing to localize these two at least, but no word so far sadly. :(

Can we get remasters of Evolution 1 and 2 and be localized please?

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I've only heard about this game in passing. Isn't it some super complicated space-rpg?

Besides that, I only know it was kinda niche. Glad that these older and less-known titles can get new life down the line.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Hope someone picks these games up for a western/english release. Doesnt seems like Atlus is too interested in this right now, cant blame them considering the sales potential.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I've only heard about this game in passing. Isn't it some super complicated space-rpg?

Besides that, I only know it was kinda niche. Glad that these older and less-known titles can get new life down the line.
You're thinking of Infinite Space.

Knights in the Nightmare is maaaaybe the most needlessly complicated game I've ever played. I like Sting a lot, especially when they get weird, but I've never been able to get deep into it despite trying maybe five or six separate times.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i remember when this was first announced for the ds, it looked so good with great art and interesting gameplay. never got to play it tho, hopefully the switch version gets localized.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

You're thinking of Infinite Space.

Knights in the Nightmare is maaaaybe the most needlessly complicated game I've ever played. I like Sting a lot, especially when they get weird, but I've never been able to get deep into it despite trying maybe five or six separate times.
Infinite Space is kinda fake complicated, the battles were mostly just rock paper scissors and broke completely once you got fighters. Still a good game though.

Sting's whole thing is making game mechanics that are completely abstract and have no attachment to reality whatsoever. They're extremely video game-y in a distinctive way, but that does lend to Knights in the Nightmare being confusing.

Last edited:

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I was literally looking at my Sting collection on pricecharting an hour ago lol.

I want all these games on every platform ever made.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I played the DS version, but didn't get very far. It was interesting, but bullet hell is not my genre of expertise, lol.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Didn't think I'd be seeing this today. Dept Heaven is back yo

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Knights in the Nightmare is one of those games that I really wanted to like, that looked really appealing, but I just couldn't get my head around even several hours in.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
evolution 1 & 2 were fun times on the dreamcast. shame the gc version kind of butchered joining them together

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017
If I remember correctly, I was eventually able to more or less understand Knights in the Nightmare and ended up really enjoying what I played of it. Was literally wondering if a Switch port was a possibility within the last few days. Fingers crossed it makes it stateside.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Wait, Knights in the Nightmare is a bullet hell game? I own it on DS but never actually played it... I thought it was an RPG or something, lmao

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
Knights in the Nightmare is probably the most complicated game I ever played. I ended up dropping it because it just did not click with me at all.

Figures that they're remastering all of their games except the ones I actually want :(

Barrylocke

Oct 25, 2017
I only tried it out, but I believe it was a bullet hell turn based strategy game.
More like a bullet hell tower defense strategy game. It was so bizarre but I actually did really get into the gameplay, outside of the rush gauge mechanic to activate boons and banes. That was too big brained for me and I never bothered trying to influence it myself.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
At last, SOMETHING!

FNinjD4aUAE7U3p

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember trying to play this game on DS and having ABSOLUTELY no idea wtf I was doing.
I'm tempted to give it another shot but...man is this game stupidly obtuse.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Right, forgot to bring that up. Pre-orders on the JP eShop begin on the 31st in Japan so any point now.

Atlus owns two of these (Knights in the Nightmare and Gloria Union), there's no good reason for them to not localize these if they're now only doing their own games. Just reuse the localiations for KitN and Yggdra Union and do what you can for Gloria Union (it never got a localization IIRC) and put them all in a retail collection and on their own on the eShop. Simple.