Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
www.gematsu.com

SHIFT UP considering Stellar Blade PC version and sequel; cross-platform project code-named Project Witches

SHIFT UP is exploring the possibility of both a PC version of Stellar Blade and a sequel, in addition to its previously confirmed cross-platform project newly code-named Project Witches, the studio…

As for Stellar Blade, plans for a PC version and a sequel are listed as under consideration, with a release date not yet determined.

"Beyond Stellar Blade, we are developing a new [intellectual property]-based game, Project Witches, for release in 2027 or later, and are considering a PC version of Stellar Blade and a sequel," reads the document (translated from Korean via DeepL). "We believe that our ability to develop new [intellectual properties] that can be successful without relying on existing [intellectual properties] will enable us to grow sustainably compared to other game companies that are locked into existing [intellectual properties]."

Elsewhere in the document, the potential PC release is mentioned once again, as well as plans for post-launch updates and downloadable content.

The document reads, "For Stellar Blade, we have plans to introduce new gameplay elements, including downloadable content releases, a PC version, and new [intellectual property] collaborations. Meanwhile, the company's global one-build approach allows for simultaneous global updates to ensure a consistent game experience for users and rapid deployment of content at a low cost."

Later on it reads, "AAA console titles such as God of War and Final Fantasy have shown tremendous potential, selling over [66 million copies and 185 million] respectively. There are many precedents for AAA titles to evolve into [intellectual property] franchises by extending their lifespan through a series of high-quality sequels and maintaining a long-term monetization base. As a result, we are exploring the possibility of a PC version of Stellar Blade and a sequel."

Additional:

View: https://x.com/Okami13_/status/1792567131374031009

GOCFrFiXIAASLzo

Sources:

m.inven.co.kr

김형태 대표의 신작은 '프로젝트 위치스' | 웹진 인벤

시프트업(대표 김형태)이 서브컬처 신작 '프로젝트 위치스'(Project Witches)를 2027년 출시를 목표로 개발 중이다. 20일 시프트업이 코스피 상장을 앞두고 증권신고서를 공시했다. 시프트업은 상장을 통해 확보한 공모자금 중 약 1,010억 원을 '프로젝트 위치스'를 비롯한 신작 개발에 투자한다고 밝혔다. 2024년과 2025년엔 각 150억

Last edited:

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Good news.
Not like there was any doubt, but since they "semi officially" announced the PC version, does that mean that it might be released sooner than the usual 1 1/2-2 years for Sony exclusives? I certainly hope so.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my article with more information:

www.gematsu.com

SHIFT UP considering Stellar Blade PC version and sequel; cross-platform project code-named Project Witches

SHIFT UP is exploring the possibility of both a PC version of Stellar Blade and a sequel, in addition to its previously confirmed cross-platform project newly code-named Project Witches, the studio…

Gematsu said:
As for Stellar Blade, plans for a PC version and a sequel are listed as under consideration, with a release date not yet determined.

"Beyond Stellar Blade, we are developing a new [intellectual property]-based game, Project Witches, for release in 2027 or later, and are considering a PC version of Stellar Blade and a sequel," reads the document (translated from Korean via DeepL). "We believe that our ability to develop new [intellectual properties] that can be successful without relying on existing [intellectual properties] will enable us to grow sustainably compared to other game companies that are locked into existing [intellectual properties]."

Elsewhere in the document, the potential PC release is mentioned once again, as well as plans for post-launch updates and downloadable content.

The document reads, "For Stellar Blade, we have plans to introduce new gameplay elements, including downloadable content releases, a PC version, and new [intellectual property] collaborations. Meanwhile, the company's global one-build approach allows for simultaneous global updates to ensure a consistent game experience for users and rapid deployment of content at a low cost."

Later on it reads, "AAA console titles such as God of War and Final Fantasy have shown tremendous potential, selling over [66 million copies and 185 million] respectively. There are many precedents for AAA titles to evolve into [intellectual property] franchises by extending their lifespan through a series of high-quality sequels and maintaining a long-term monetization base. As a result, we are exploring the possibility of a PC version of Stellar Blade and a sequel."

Dec 23, 2017
I've done my best to remain in the dark regarding this game but it seems like it made a splash both positively and negatively.

If it comes to PC I'll consider picking it up to see what all the fuss is about.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
No surprise given how many Sony exclusives have had ports in the last few years. It's a great game so I'll be happy to get more.

OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Chairmanchuck (另一个我) Stellar Blade also exceeded sales expectations.

Shift Up's sales in 2023 were calculated to be KRW 168.6 billion, operating profit was KRW 111.1 billion, and net profit was KRW 106.7 billion. Since the launch of 'Goddess of Victory: Nike', performance growth has been expanding, and sales of the new product 'Stella Blade' are also exceeding expectations, so sales are expected to increase steadily.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
I was under the assumption that a PC version was in the works in Parallel, guess I'm wrong.
I mean they developed the PS5 version on a PC. There is probably a working PC version right now. However they probably haven't done any of the PC specific work or testing that they would need to do for the release.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
I don't know whether a sequel with the same characters and world would work, but a new AAA console game by Shift-Up would be more than welcome.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Neha made these posts in the PS OT:

Also from the report, their upcoming projects:
tMTuIR8.png

• Project Witches - Launch 2027 or later
  • Stella Blade PC version and sequel - Date TBD

Using google translator in the images:

o0UhUx2.png

How ShiftUp plans to distribute and expand development resources:

image.png
NIKKE Studio has 142 people as of filing, plans to expand to 160 by 2025.
Stellar Blade studio has 98, plans to expand to 120 this year, to work on "IP expansion - DLC, Expansion packs, serialization etc."

image.png
Team for New IP - For development of new works and purchase of IP, including Witches -> 150 people this year, 160 by next year
Team for strengthening internal development capabilities with AI etc -> 10 people this year, 20 by 2025

image.png

Plans to expand to 550 people by 2027. Right now, I think, is around 275 people.

KLVwXVI.png

Maybe it's a matter of translation, but this seems to imply it's more than "in consideration" and that they already have plans for it?

RGB

Nov 13, 2017
Also, forget nude mods. I'm here imagining the real game changer, cutscene and dialog skip mods.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Game spoiler:
I figured a sequel was not a matter of "if" but rather "when"? Give that it is implied in the true ending...
On the plus side I guess you could mod some of the more ridiculous costumes and tone them down.
Yep. That's definitely what's going to happen.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
2B mod would be fucking awesome too

i haven't bought the game yet, just busy with other stuff but plan to when I get some free time. Not sure which platform I'd prefer to play, I know the game looks great on PS5 but I wonder how much wilder it would look on a decent PC

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Under consideration?

I don't know why, but I somehow thought the PC version was confirmed to come out later, guess I imagined that?? Lmao

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
If there is going to be a PC version it better not be $60, if its after a year or more otherwise its in the bargain bin.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'd be surprised if no PC version honestly.
No definitive greenlit sequel annoys me honestly. I wish games wouldn't end with a "To be continued", (Or TV for that matter), when they're not even confident they can or will continue it. I understand why as it can pressure people to request a sequel more, but it doesn't always play out.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Using google translator in the images:

o0UhUx2.png

KLVwXVI.png

Maybe it's a matter of translation, but this seems to imply it's more than "in consideration" and that they already have plans for it?
They are considerably smaller than I expected them to be considering Nikke's apparent success on the mobile market.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Their contract with Sony probably stops them from directly saying there's a PC version coming soon.

Glad to see the game succeeded.

Neha

Feb 17, 2022
LOL. Looks like a bunch of people made articles and tweets from the document I found (era -> internet -> era)

And yeah, both are under plans.

Last edited:

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
I don't think there has ever been a single mod made for any game that does this.
Both Monster Hunter World and Rise have mods that do this. It's how I play them.

Under consideration?

I don't know why, but I somehow thought the PC version was confirmed to come out later, guess I imagined that?? Lmao
Back when the game was first announced as Project Eve it was slated to come out for all platforms. That changed when it was re-revealed as Stellar Blade and being published by Sony.

neetproxy

Sep 19, 2021
I hope it does. I have a PS5 and could get it there but having a steam deck makes me want everything for pc now for the added value.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Don't have a PS5 so I didn't buy the game but it seems like they really cooked with this game. I'll be there day one if that happens.

Feb 6, 2024
My gameshare partner on PS5 got it day 1, I tried it out on my ps5 for a few hours last weekend.

Seeing this tho im glad I didn't continue forward, i think i'll wait and get the pc version on a deep sale. Game wasn't really anything remarkable enough for me to want to hurry up and play it, and I've got some other good games to try.

I wonder what the project witches thing will be, could be something cool.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
2026 it is i guess. the pains of being a pc gamer waiting for pc ports of console exclusives 😭

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Believe it or not there are several outfits in Stellar Blade that aren't bad! Making them accessible at the beginning would be a good mod.

4293293-stellar-blade-eve-outfits-nano-suits-5a.jpg

4293307-stellar-blade-eve-outfits-nano-suits-13a.jpg

4293315-stellar-blade-eve-outfits-nano-suits-18a.jpg

4293320-stellar-blade-eve-outfits-nano-suits-20a.jpg

4294352-stellar-blade-eve-outfits-nano-suits-26c.jpg

Tea-Stance

Banned
Feb 11, 2024
I don't think there has ever been a single mod made for any game that does this.

Game spoiler:
I figured a sequel was not a matter of "if" but rather "when"? Give that it is implied in the true ending...

Yep. That's definitely what's going to happen.
Alright I'll never make a suggestion again. Was referring more to making one yourself but respond that way I guess. Christ.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent news.

Can't wait to pick it up the game myself.