Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The only problem I feel I am going to have with this game is that it will be almost too good. Like, it will make everything else seem sour.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I fucking knew Bethesda was going to pull it off
For me anyway because I love their games with jank

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they only got to play it for an hour and it was relatively curated (loading into diffefent saves)

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Is IGN a trusty source for these kinds of previews?

I'm moderately optimistic about this game but so was I for Fallout 4...

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
damn, I'm actually surprised that was Series X gameplay. I was ready to believe that was taken from a decent PC ngl (despite the footage being 30fps)

Parker

Feb 5, 2018
Has there been any confirmation of on planet transportation (vehicles or speeders)?

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
BabyishPhonyAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
No non human species is a bit of a downer for me. Also regardless of the scope of the game people will be playing this for decades if Skyrim and how many times it's been re-released is anything to go by.

Jan 4, 2018
Not much but some small additional tidbits of the hands-on here

I played an hour, it felt like 3 minutes.

www.ign.com

Starfield Interview: Todd Howard Answers All of Our Questions After the Xbox Games Showcase - IGN

Bethesda's Todd Howard sits down with IGN to discuss all things Starfield, from its high-profile delay to its performance on Xbox.

Starfield is going to be a juggernaut. The 45-minute-long dedicated Direct conference won over just about every skeptic by showing off exactly what it's capable of. I also got to play an hour of it (and I talked to Todd Howard about it afterwards), and, well, let me put it to you this way: it's like if No Man's Sky 2 got made, but with an entire next-gen Bethesda Game Studios RPG built on top of it that has no facades or shallow systems. It has everything, and everything has depth, from the character creator to the ship builder to the skill trees to the 1,000 planets to the massive cities to the combat. It's going to be played and enjoyed for years to come, just as Skyrim and Fallout 4 before it.

www.ign.com

The Xbox Showcase + Starfield Direct Could Be the Start of a Long Xbox Winning Streak - IGN

Confident Microsoft is back, and both the long-term and immediate future look extremely bright.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Sold. That being series X gameplay makes it almost certain I'll get an an Xbox. I'll probably try it on gamepaas on my pc just to see how it is on there first though.

Made up that was Xbox gameplay, very impressive.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
Okay, I'm getting slightly hyped... And I never want to be hyped nowadays...

I was going to download it either way, but yeah, it seems Bethesda is really nailing it.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Did they mention anything about performance? Seems Ryan played it on Series X so wondering if that was mentioned. I know it's 30 fps, just hoping it's stable, but then again, it's still a bit early.

gimp

Banned
May 24, 2023
No non human species is a bit of a downer for me.

Well, there's none in the first hour of the game anyway

We don't know about non-human species yet, but I would bet they form part of the final act of the main storyline in some way. Just my guess based on the "mystical cosmic secrets" stuff that's been hinted at already

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Well Skyrim has been played for years so I expect Starfield (which is much bigger) to be the same.

gimp

Banned
May 24, 2023
So was the 45 minute deepdive on Series X?

Or just the one hour playthrough that IGN had?

Or maybe both?

Oct 27, 2017
This is definitely not a Gamepass game. If you really want to enjoy all it has to offer, like they said, you will play this game for years. At this point better buy it once and never again be worried to have to pay gamepass every time you want to start a new build or playthrough.

I also feel like some games NEED to be paid because they are such achievements that playing them for "free" feels wrong.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I watched that earlier this week. Ryan wasn't that great at articulating his impressions imo. Was kinda frustrating lol.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
There is still no point in having 1000 planets when anything barely interesting will happen on 10 planets or less. They didn't go and made big cities like New Atlantis on 30% of the planets. They made handful of those cities. They could have achieved same sense of exploration and discovery on 50 planets or less but fill them with more hand crafted locations.

00Quan[T]

May 12, 2022
Its clear Bethesda is going to become the new face of Xbox with this game, Todd pulled no punches here.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This is definitely not a Gamepass game. If you really want to enjoy all it has to offer, like they said, you will play this game for years. At this point better buy it once and never again be worried to have to pay gamepass every time you want to start a new build or playthrough.

I also feel like some games NEED to be paid because they are such achievements that playing them for "free" feels wrong.
Found Todd Howard's account.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019

Or just be subbed to Game Pass and enjoy all that it has to offer.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No non human species is a bit of a downer for me. Also regardless of the scope of the game people will be playing this for decades if Skyrim and how many times it's been re-released is anything to go by.
There are plenty of aliens from what I've seen but they're animals.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
wait, no non-human characters? in a space exploration game with unprecedented scope? there's always a catch huh.

Oct 27, 2017
Found Todd Howard's account.

🤣

Feels like something Todd would say, right? I swear i am not him. Jokes aside i imagine Microsoft gives developers putting their games on Gamepass a big incentive to offset lost sales.

Or just be subbed to Game Pass and enjoy all that it has to offer.

But what if someone, like many are saying lately, will buy an Xbox just to play this specific game, is it really useful paying for Gamepass when you are really interested in just this one game?

gimp

Banned
May 24, 2023

Gamepass is more than Starfield though.

My only concern is getting mods on Xbox GP. Sure we will get some, but not sure how many or how good they will be. Wait and see I guess