dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), Respawn Entertainment and Lucasfilm announced that the critically acclaimed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™ is the fastest-selling digital launch for a Star Wars game in its first two weeks. The game is also now EA's top-selling Star Wars title on PC in its initial launch window.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a critical success as well as being the highest rated Star Wars game of this console generation. Business Insider exclaims that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is "the best Star Wars game ever made," while GameSpot calls it "one of the most compelling game additions to the Star Wars franchise in years." GQ notes that the game "lives up to the hype," while IGN says it is, "an all-around amazing game" in their 9.0 out of 10 review.

"On behalf of Respawn and EA, we thank everyone for their support of the studio and the team throughout the development and launch of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Telling a story in the Star Wars galaxy is a dream come true and the reception from the fans has been incredible," said Vince Zampella, Head of Respawn. "With the launch of the game, the debut of The Mandalorian and the upcoming release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, it's a great time to be a Star Wars fan!"

"Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order demonstrates the amazing potential for original storytelling in Star Wars games," said Sean Shoptaw, SVP, Games and Interactive Experiences, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. "The close collaboration between Respawn and Lucasfilm is a perfect example of how we can deliver an experience for fans that is authentic to the stories and worlds they love, while also being an incredibly fun and innovative game. With the fantastic reception and launch so far, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has proven to be the must-play game this Holiday."

In Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, players take on the role of Cal Kestis, a former Padawan hiding in plain sight after the Jedi were all but wiped out after Order 66 was executed by The Emperor. When he's forced on the run, Cal is quickly met by his companions Cere Junda, a former Jedi Knight played by Debra Wilson and Greez, the larger-than-life Latero pilot voiced by Daniel Roebuck, who flies the crew's ship known as the Stinger Mantis. BD-1, Cal's faithful droid that's as charming as he is useful, will help players navigate and explore diverse planets including the Wookiee homeworld, Kashyyyk, and the never-before-seen planet Zeffo. Cal and his companions are trying to stay one step ahead of the Empire and his new enemy, the Inquisition's Second Sister, while they unravel a mystery tied to an ancient alien civilization that could help rebuild the Jedi Order.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is now available both digitally and in stores on the Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and PC via Origin™, Steam and the Epic Games Store. Origin Access Premier subscribers will get full access to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition on PC for as long as they are subscribed. For more information on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, please visit: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I really enjoyed the game and wish it much much more success. The next one should be freaking great. The foundation is there for them to make an amazing sequel.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
hmm need to try this. I have severe doubts that it's better then rogue leader/tie fighter/kotor

would sure be nice to have a good single player sw game after all these years

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
What a surprise. A great game made with love and effort, without silly micro transactions sells well. Who would have thought. Well deserved. Hopefully EA learns something from that.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
That "Fastest selling SW game in PC" make me worry about how big the Battlefield audience must be right now in PC. Battlefront 1 was quite hyped and I thought it would have sold more than Battlefield at launch.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Deserved.

Also shows not locking your game to one storefront on PC results in more sales.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Good shit

Get Burnout, SSX, Def Jam, and all the street games back now EA. World desperately needs a new Nba Street

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
EA: Singleplayer games don't sell anymore!

Market after Jedi Fallen Order launch:

tenor.gif

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You mean to tell me a complete Star Wars game at release with no shady tactics is really successful !? Woah!!

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
You mean to tell me a complete Star Wars game at release with no shady tactics is really successful !? Woah!!

For real. Notice how Star Wars Battlefront II is received now versus at launch. Turns out EA's devs can make great games if EA would just let them. They should have nothing but trust in Respawn now after Apex and this.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Super buggy-ass game but I hope Respawn gets to make a sequel. I feel like this game is the perfect candidate for an Uncharted 2-level quality LEAP.

Wiggle

Nov 25, 2019
Interesting it's "EA's top-selling Star Wars title on PC in its initial launch window" despite being the only one to be cracked within the launch window. Maybe EA should reconsider their Denuvo practices.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That "Fastest selling SW game in PC" make me worry about how big the Battlefield audience must be right now in PC. Battlefront 1 was quite hyped and I thought it would have sold more than Battlefield at launch.
Yeah, I thought Battlefield 1 did well on PC. Big W for Steam, very clear example of a game doing noticeably better on Steam + Origin vs Origin alone. Insert joke about "the multi-store future" here.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I really enjoyed the game and great to see it doing so wellmbut the "fastest selling" part made me giggle because it seems like there are too many caveats attached. "The fastest selling game released on this day, by this company, under a full moon, that is a SW game, and purchased digitally when standing on their head."

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
hmm need to try this. I have severe doubts that it's better then rogue leader/tie fighter/kotor

would sure be nice to have a good single player sw game after all these years
Just to give you a heads up, no it is absolutely not better than any of those games. But it is still a very good game that's worth playing and supporting.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the message is LOUD and CLEAR

"We missed a big opportunity not including service elements in J:FO, and we have no way to make recurrent revenue with this successful title. We wont make that mistake again!"

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
bugs and polish issues aside, it's an awesome game.

I wonder if it could've used at least couple of months of development to sort all kinds of issues.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its a solid game but I think they would have broken records releasing a Mandolorian tie-in bounty hunting game.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Deserved. I really enjoyed it. But I hope the next one has a couple more months in the oven to clean up some technical issues.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
One launched on Steam, the other did not.
I know, my worry is more on how much must the Battlefield audience must have decreased lately, as that was always a big PC audience (and I expected Battlefront to pull more from it). This on the other hand doesnt have that pull (even if Steam is a big plus):

Yeah, I thought Battlefield 1 did well on PC. Big W for Steam, very clear example of a game doing noticeably better on Steam + Origin vs Origin alone. Insert joke about "the multi-store future" here.
Basically.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
It's a great game and it's something that many Star Wars fans have wanted to play for years now, it shouldn't be surprising that it's doing well... then again, this is EA we're talking about.

Congratulations to Respawn, they did great. The game is far from perfect (the technical issues in particular are jarring), but they've built an extremely solid foundation here and I hope they get to expand upon it.