Soap

Oct 27, 2017
i Wish they would stop region locking content, especiallly since paramount is available here

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
i Wish they would stop region locking content, especiallly since paramount is available here

EDIT: The video was unblocked in some regions. Comment removed.

Okay on the video itself, are they trying to do some sort of Suicide Squad vibes in Trek lol?

EDIT2: lol they made the video private? Wtf are they doing?

Last edited:

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017

God it's so annoying. I know it's not anyone's fault on Era but this is literally what we see. Not throwing Dalek under a bus here btw.

S1mQj2Tl.png
The Lower Decks trailer was region blocked here in UK but got unblocked quickly, hopefully they do it for this one too. But yeah, it's extremely annoying they do it.

starcourt84

Aug 4, 2019
I can see how people will hate that trailer lol.

But I'm going in with an open mind and optimistic!

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
It got unblocked and wow that looks awful (and I have a high tolerence for all trek)

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
That looks absolutely terrible.

But I'm in for Michelle Yeoh serving ham.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how this relates to Star Trek, and I will probably be happier not to know, but I'll take any excuse to give Michelle Yeoh show where she kicks some buts.
Honestly, I never really liked the Section 31 concept, even DS9 did not really make it make sense. It's a spooky idea that falls apart when you think about it for two seconds, it's Star Trek's version of campy ghost stories. Making it into a brain dead action show is pretty much in the original spirit of what Section 31 was in the show: a dumb idea that should never have seen as much air time as it did.

Last edited:

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
when I click on the link it says the video is private and no other copies have been uploaded yet seemingly

Judging from the responses here so far it doesn't sound promisng

Nov 27, 2020
Well, finally got to watch that.

And wow…this is sooooooo not for me. Like, if I had no idea that this was a Star Trek thing, I'd have no idea. Kind of started off thinking a Section 31 show or movie was a bad idea, especially based around one of the worst protagonists Trek has ever produced, and yup. It looks like shit.

Also, it's pretty fucking weird that even after seeing this trailer, I have no clue when this thing is set. Like, some of it looked like SNW, some of it looked like S3-5 Discovery, and it all looked like it should be set in the MCU anyway.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Also, it's pretty fucking weird that even after seeing this trailer, I have no clue when this thing is set. Like, some of it looked like SNW, some of it looked like S3-5 Discovery, and it all looked like it should be set in the MCU anyway.

We know that Rachel Garret is in it, so at least some of it is 50 years before TNG?

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha this is going to rub everybody so wrong and I'm so eager to see the fallout.

I'm here for Michelle Yeoh!

Okay ladies now let's get in formation 🗡️

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to watch this but that teaser sort of feels like it pleases no-one. Star Trek fans won't like it because of the tone and non fans probably won't find it interesting.

Hope its good though.

Nov 27, 2020
I'm going to watch this but that teaser sort of feels like it pleases no-one. Star Trek fans won't like it because of the tone and non fans probably won't find it interesting.

Hope its good though.
I'm ok with Trek trying new things, and this new era has this in spades. I'm curious about the live action comedy, which is an idea that's existed for decades (same with the Academy series). The one common thread with all the modern stuff though is even when it deviates from the Trek formula, it still has that Trek "heart". LD could have been Star Trek: Rick and Morty, but it's really not. The Trek ideals are still very much there, and they wear it proudly on their sleeves.

This though? I have always hated the Emperor character. She's fine as a villain, but when they turned her into a beloved (?) member of the Discovery crew, enough for there to be a send off for her for all the (off-screen) times she was cool? Nah…let's not make Space Hitler into a Trek hero. There's so little of what makes Trek "Trek" in that trailer. Remove the Vulcan and the mention of Starfleet, I would have no idea this was related to Star Trek at all.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
wait is that richard splett from Veep

i'll just assume he is immortal and this is continuing adventures hundreds of years after Selina Meyers is gone, because thats the only reason I would have to watch what looks like a dumpster fire of ideas

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
This reminds me of my squad from STO.

I need to catch up on new Trek. Haven't watched anything since the last season of Picard.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
I'm totally down for a Section 31 movie in principle, but that looks like dogshit.

No idea why they tied this to Discovery, or went for what I can only describe as "Suicide Squad vibes".

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
That trailer is awful and just annoying. I never even finished discovery, so I doubt I'll get around to this.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I think anything about this movie will have to surmount two enormous obstacles if this is the angle they're going with: first, Georgiou is Space Hitler, and nothing has ever really reckoned with her crimes and the kind of person she has to be to have committed them; second, Section 31 has done heinous things in the name of the Federation.

Turning it into Guardians of the Suicide Squad feels like such a fundamental misunderstanding of Star Trek that it'll either be an unprecedented disaster or there's something else going on that could turn out to be at least interesting. I'm going to pin my hopes on the latter for now. Showing young Georgiou suggests there might at least be some interest in exploring her character beyond what Discovery gave us, and I have to assume that Yeoh repeatedly talking about her love for the character and how she's not just a boring Starfleet captain that she never would've signed on to play if that's all she was means SOMETHING.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
My head canon is Section 31 is a bunch of wealthy nuts cosplaying as spies thinking they are helping

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
That trailer left me feeling nothing. Maybe I have to watch it a few more times but I'm left knowing nothing about what this will be, like I have no idea what the plot is, the setting, if it wasn't called section 31 I wouldn't know it'd be about that

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Well, finally got to watch that.

And wow…this is sooooooo not for me. Like, if I had no idea that this was a Star Trek thing, I'd have no idea. Kind of started off thinking a Section 31 show or movie was a bad idea, especially based around one of the worst protagonists Trek has ever produced, and yup. It looks like shit.

Yeah getting a lot of confusion regarding that too. Like is the one guy a synth? But the bridge and ships we saw looked way dated? Can't believe we are still missing details on the setting but maybe that's the point.