Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
zIbvYp5m_o.png

| Star Trek Franchise OT | Star Trek: Discovery S2 OT | Star Trek: Picard S1 OT |

Star Trek: Lower Decks follows the support crew on one of Starfleet's least important ships, the U.S.S. Cerritos, in 2380. Ensigns Mariner (Tawny Newsome), Boimler (Jack Quaid), Rutherford (Eugene Cordero) and Tendi (Noël Wells) have to keep up with their duties and their social lives, often while the ship is being rocked by a multitude of sci-fi anomalies.

Where to Watch
  • US - Thursdays, starting on Aug. 6 at 12:01 AM PT only on CBS All Access
  • Canada - 9 pm Thursdays, starting on Aug. 6 on CTV Scifi Channel, streaming only on Crave on Fridays
  • Everywhere else - ???
Cast

nKeVsavX_o.jpg

fD5KQDQy_o.jpg

Klq1NQ6U_o.jpg

9DpKKJm1_o.jpg

NxOJDsKi_o.jpg

Trailers/Clips

OT title borrowed from Triggerhappytel

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
This looks very stupid and fun. I'm looking forward to it, and hope it's good.

Already a big fan of the Bajoran Security Chief and the Cat-Doctor.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Man, I absolutely loathe that art style. Those American Dad smugfaces just irritate me on a genetic level.

It would've been cheaper and more effective to go with a modern interpretation of the Filmation style.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I only just noticed that. I find it hard to believe it's a coincidence. Captain Ransom's son maybe?
Well, if I've got the timline right Voyager will have been back for two years so I guess he'll know all about his pops.

Or else it will be a "oh, wow! Oh. wow!!! This is awkward. I'm not related to him at all!" situation.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they're all ensigns just makes it kinda hilarious in a way. O'Brien forever remains the only enlisted man in starfleet

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there will be any cameos in this. Random actors showing up to reprise old roles.

Would love a Captain Nog shout out (though I think this is only 5-ish years after the Dominion war, so he probably hasn't moved up the ranks that far yet).

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I wonder if there will be any cameos in this. Random actors showing up to reprise old roles.

Would love a Captain Nog shout out (though I think this is only 5-ish years after the Dominion war, so he probably hasn't moved up the ranks that far yet).

I really want the Kzinti to pop up. If I was in the writing room I think I'd be kicked out for constantly pitching things involving the Kzinti.

latest

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017

Unfortunately, Aron Eisenberg passed last year. He liked doing voice work. Even had Nog's teeth to help.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, Aron Eisenberg passed last year. He liked doing voice work. Even had Nog's teeth to help.
I know he died. I don't hold out hope that he recorded something before he died. I would just like a shout out like "Captain Nog and the USS Oomax visited this planet last month".

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
My dream reference wishlist:
  1. The Kzinti
  2. Spock Two
  3. Bem
  4. Literal Satan
Star Trek already had an animated comedy series.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I'm one of the strange people that really enjoyed Disco and Picard (as pretty much all Trek) but this one I can't get excited for. It feels like animated Orville, that I couldn;t stomach.

I will however give it a try just as I did for that.

Coolyprue

Jul 31, 2020
I know he died. I don't hold out hope that he recorded something before he died. I would just like a shout out like "Captain Nog and the USS Oomax visited this planet last month".
Leave the poor man rest in peace. don't be gross. I for one am feeling very optimistic about this, having felt burned by Picard and DSC season 1!

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I wonder if one ensign will mock another as being a "Harry Kim" because they'll never be promoted.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
This is like Futurama meets The Orville but with the Star Trek trappings. The first episode was pretty good. The big difference between this and the other new Trek shows is that the cast already has distinct personalities that make them identifiable and likable right off the bat.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok that was really good, it wasn't all wackiness and the characters were really fun. They could maybe ease up a bit on the Easter eggs but other wise that was a lot of fun.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Good impressions just make me more impatient for the international release announcement :(

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I will give this a fair shake of the stick but from the trailers this just looks like it's trying to follow Rick & Morty's formula (and animation style?) a little too closely.

Eh.

Shame this isn't available in the UK - was looking forward to seeing this.

I believe that Amazon were heavily rumoured to have completed an output deal with CBS for all their Trek content over the next couple of years so we'll see soon enough if that's true or not.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The man behind Pickle Rick Mike McMahan created this show. I good episode that somehow won an Emmy but I hate what it did to the fanbase. He also co-created Solar Opposite which has an ok pilot but gets good with ep 2.
About the pilot. I wanted to turn this off after like 8 minutes but stick it out. Absolute cancer/10 but the solid animation pishes it to a 3/10. I am done. Trek has a history of bad first seasons and impressions so I am open to returning, on paper, but this needs a top to bottom retooling.
Star Trek: Prodigy, a kids show on Nick, can only be better. The 70s Trek cartoon is good btw.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Given people's reactions I know I have bad taste but I actually enjoyed this for what it is. And im massive trek nerd that grew up with it.

I feel like that franchises should be allowed to try different stuff it doesn't take away from the originals.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is this feeling? I'm enjoying this more than Picard and Discovery?

It has some flaws and one character is a tad over the top, not all the humor lands, but otherwise this is enjoyable.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
It's very interesting to see how people's reactions are changing on this. The amount of people that have gone from "lol it's Rick and Morty" to "Hey, not bad" is genuinely surprising to me.

Loved the first episode.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The man behind Pickle Rick Mike McMahan created this show. I good episode that somehow won an Emmy but I hate what it did to the fanbase. He also co-created Solar Opposite which has an ok pilot but gets good with ep 2.
About the pilot. I wanted to turn this off after like 8 minutes but stick it out. Absolute cancer/10 but the solid animation pishes it to a 3/10. I am done. Trek has a history of bad first seasons and impressions so I am open to returning, on paper, but this needs a top to bottom retooling.
Star Trek: Prodigy, a kids show on Nick, can only be better. The 70s Trek cartoon is good btw.

He also was the guy behind the TNG season 8 Twitter account

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so i expected to hate it due to the poor trailer but wow this is pretty good if all episode are as excellent as this one we're in for a pretty good time.

oh! there's an Edosian in the season trailer i wonder if we're gonna see more classic TAS species hope we see some Aurelian

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
The hyperkinetic pace is a bit exhausting and not all the jokes landed, but I'm glad to see that it does actually know how to set up and play around with dramatic stakes in a half hour format. If it has that, it has potential

The bit where Mariner
insists they have to recapture the spider because these farmers clearly depend on it
bodes really well for a show that doesn't just treat its background and setting as a chaotic, destructive playground

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
CBS does one episode at a time, right?

Guess I'm waiting for the season to finish before signing up for the free trial, then.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing this clearly carries over from Rick and Morty, at least based on the first episode, is an understanding of how to establish, build, and resolve a story properly in 30 minutes

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the opening credits, with the ship constantly crashing into things, and running away from battle.