Oct 25, 2017
SPOILERS
l6IEPTD.jpg

It's not very fair to people desiring to avoid leaks to have to tip-toe through the minefield that is the current trailer thread. That thread has become more about leaks than about the trailer, and I noticed multiple members complain who wish to avoid spoilers.

Let's try to contain leak discussion in here, and let the trailer thread be about the trailer.
  • Spoiler tags will not generally be necessary here. (Although if you're about to drop a hot hydrogen bomb like a character death or another huge plot detail like that, maybe wrap and tag it regardless just so people know what they're getting into. Use your best judgement!)

HKPEdjP.jpg

v14ihKD.jpg

68QlMHA.jpg

Last edited:

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure one of the bigger leak theories that was thrown around involved a Stark Power energy mcguffin and a fight on the Statue of Liberty

In context of the trailer that now seems inaccurate at least

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Not that its surprsing, but Green Goblin and Electro have been confirmed through a funko pop leak this morning. It wont just be a trick only showing green goblins bomb, he will be there

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Not that its surprsing, but Green Goblin and Electro have been confirmed through a funko pop leak this morning. It wont just be a trick only showing green goblins bomb, he will be there

Regarding Funko, is it possible that they're releasing a Green Goblin without him being in the movie? Doesn't Lego usually take liberties with a lot of their sets and has Funko ever done that?

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
So just a heads up; I've seen people talk about this HeavySpoilers guy as if what he says is the absolute truth because "he leaked the plot of the first act of the movie a few days ago". Here's the relevant post.

I'm not saying they're not legit, I just feel like this smells like they got their hands on the leaked trailer earlier than we did and just made a description about it, since pretty much everything said in there is actually shown on the trailer.

Gyoru

Oct 27, 2017
So just a heads up; I've seen people talk about this HeavySpoilers guy as if what he says is the absolute truth because "he leaked the plot of the first act of the movie a few days ago". Here's the relevant post.

I'm not saying they're not legit, I just feel like this smells like they got their hands on the leaked trailer earlier than we did and just made a description about it, since pretty much everything said in there is actually shown on the trailer.

This is my impression as well. The guy got access to the teaser trailer and made a bunch of conclusions based on some earlier leaks that went beyond the first act.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The only time I remember it happening was when they released a hulk breaking out of hulkbuster for infinity war, which wasnt in the movie.
Yeah, but there was an alternate scene where Professor Hulk basically was created during the fight in Wakanda before the Russos changed it, so it might've been based on that.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
My guess is that Goblin probably weaponizes Peters whole traumatic ordeal about being a murderer...

"You wouldn't let that happen to another Spider-Man...Would you?"

To get him to second guess himself on sending the villains to their deaths.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Just read the alleged leaked plot and if that one is true, I'm really not a fan of Peter beating Strange and stealing his cape lol

Stephen has a weird thing of going almost toe to toe with Thanos but jobbing a lot outside of that

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

That plot makes a lot of sense based on what we've seen, especially in the explaining of why Dr. Strange is fighting Peter and the purpose of the magic cube (we see Lizard in a magic prison in one scene). Even if that plot leak turns out to be guessing, I think they nailed the reason why Strange and Peter are fighting over that cube.

I just watched the most recent HeavySpoilers video and they didn't bring up that leak at all which was weird. They were theorizing that Dr. Strange is fighting Peter because he's Mephisto, evil Strange from another universe, or Agatha Harkness in disguise.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
This will be huge I think 3 generations of Spider-Man's all coming into one picture is just unheard of in moviedom as far as I can tell lol

a lot of people will be very excited to see Toby and Dunst again and it will bring in alot of people from nostalgia alone with that era of Spider-Man

this is crazy but very exciting

Oct 25, 2017
This will be huge I think 3 generations of Spider-Man's all coming into one picture is just unheard of in moviedom as far as I can tell lol

a lot of people will be very excited to see Toby and Dunst again and it will bring in alot of people from nostalgia alone with that era of Spider-Man

this is crazy but very exciting

I thought Kirsten Dunst was not showing up in this movie? One of the leaks says she is not there.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm sure one of the bigger leak theories that was thrown around involved a Stark Power energy mcguffin and a fight on the Statue of Liberty

In context of the trailer that now seems inaccurate at least
Supposedly that's the climax. What we saw in the trailer largely covers Act 1 of the movie.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Supposedly that's the climax. What we saw in the trailer largely covers Act 1 of the movie.

Peter vs Strange has to be during Act 2.

I'm feeling Strange will be angry at him but Peter will go back to him and pour his heart out, which in turn causes strange to summon the other spiders for act 3 since the battle leaves him unable to keep helping.

There's no way this movie ends with Peter in bad terms with Strange

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York

I'm feeling Strange will be angry at him but Peter will go back to him and pour his heart out, which in turn causes strange to summon the other spiders for act 3 since the battle leaves him unable to keep helping.

My feeling is that the leaked plot summary is all of Act 1. Act 2 is the full 6 working together and beating Strange and Spider-Man leading to Strange making the new suit (as he's wearing his old one when being chased by Strange) and calling in Tobey and Andrew. Act 3 is the Statue of Liberty stuff.

This really does sound like a 3+hr movie. lol

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018

Makes a lot of sense now… lines up well with trailer indeed

the Statue of Liberty is holding a giant captain America shield . I need to see this lol

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
The Statue of Liberty being changed to having a cap shield sounds incredibly terrible Jesus like that's something a guy says during a script meeting you stare at him laugh and say no

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

Supposedly, from every leak we've had for months now, Peter fight Strange briefly because he wants to free the villains, after Green Dafoe manipulates him in thinking that they'll send them back to die.
After that, Strange will have only a voice-over role talking to Pete.

Here's my guess based on the leaks : Everything we saw is Act 1 and the Peter Vs Strange is the beginning of Act 2.
Doc Ock is most likely going to be the first and only villain we see in Act 1. Peter will fight him while Strange capture the others. After beating him, he'll go to Stange's prison and that's where we'll see the Sinister Six for the first time. Why ? Because Peter is wearing the same outfit when he's fighting Ock on the bridge and when we saw him being jump-scared by the Lizard. And the fact that the Lizard is "in the shadows" is why I feel that's where they'll be revealed in the movie.
Peter gets manipulated by Green Dafoe, fight Strange to use some key to free them (We see him with some odd looking cube at one point in the trailer)
Strange wins but not before Peter is able to free them. They start attacking everything again, Strange scold Peter, then something alert him and he has to leave to go into Multiverse of Madness. But before leaving the movie, he gets Peter some back-up for the rest of Act 2.
Spiderfield and Tobeyman.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018

MyTimeToShineHello on Reddit is the real deal, he got multiple lines said in the trailer months ago.

I think it's important to still take "leaks" with a grain of salt even if a leaker nails some things.

There was a WandaVision leaker on Reddit who had access to specific script pages. They described set pieces, plot points, and dialogue in perfect detail. That leaker had definite inside information, but it turned out the scope of that information was limited. The leaker ended up fabricating many other plot points that they had no knowledge of.

The entire house of cards eventually fell when people started seeing the "leaks" were false based on the actual episodes, but that was only after about a month where half the sub-Reddit treated the leaker's words and plot points as irrefutable truth.

I just read that post with the leaked Spider-Man plot details and paint me as somewhat skeptical. It feels telling that the synopsis is very light on any details other than what's in the trailer or can be reasonably speculated from the trailer. Like MGPanda said, it feels suspiciously like they had access to the trailer and are now filling in plot points around what's in the trailer.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Peter being tricked by Goblin makes him look like an amateur as he already had this with Mysterio

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I think it's important to still take "leaks" with a grain of salt even if a leaker nails some things.

There was a WandaVision leaker on Reddit who had access to specific script pages. They described set pieces, plot points, and dialogue in perfect detail. That leaker had definite inside information, but it turned out the scope of that information was limited. The leaker ended up fabricating many other plot points that they had no knowledge of.

The entire house of cards eventually fell when people started seeing the "leaks" were false based on the actual episodes, but that was only after about a month where half the sub-Reddit treated the leaker's words and plot points as irrefutable truth.

I just read that post with the leaked Spider-Man plot details and paint me as somewhat skeptical. It feels telling that the synopsis is very light on any details other than what's in the trailer or can be reasonably speculated from the trailer. Like MGPanda said, it feels suspiciously like they had access to the trailer and are now filling in plot points around what's in the trailer.

Oh yeah, I fully agree that leakers can't be fully trusted and I know of the Pookie situation. And yeah, I do agree that the "Act 1 description" feels fishy because it's basically just the trailer

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
My feeling is that the leaked plot summary is all of Act 1. Act 2 is the full 6 working together and beating Strange and Spider-Man leading to Strange making the new suit (as he's wearing his old one when being chased by Strange) and calling in Tobey and Andrew. Act 3 is the Statue of Liberty stuff.

This really does sound like a 3+hr movie. lol

The new (black) suit will probably be the old suit with the red layer taken off, judging by these merch leaks from a while ago:

P5JiVa9.jpg

kYCAzoV.jpg

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
About time. The other thread was a total shit show and leaks are already so bad that it basically taints all the discourse around the movie.

This thread will probably end up spoiling bigger plot points that I have yet to learn, so I guess that is the risk of posting/lurking this thread just to talk about spoiler/leak stuff. I'm not sure if I care, though. It kind of sucks that the leaks that have been confirmed are so correct, because I've already been spoiled to a good amount of the plot.

I guess on the plus side, I won't be tempted to have any lofty unrealistic expectations that will prove to be untrue since I will know what exactly to expect. On the down side, no matter where I discuss the movie, I don't think I've be able to avoid the obnoxious discourse around the movie that already is present.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017

I definitely think the reddit poster MyTimeToShineHello is someone I think may have access to the trailer alone since almost all the original lines that were confirmed were in the trailer, and almost every other line seems to be "remixed" lines from past films that are supposedly put into this one as references, which not only seems overboard, but also just easy to make up when you have access to some real lines from the trailer that gives your other lines credibility for a few months once the trailer drops.

Heavy Spoilers' source may be legit, especially since it was describing plot details rather than just random details, but those are also a common thing from "plot leaks" to be basically people with a little insider info just filling in the blanks themselves based on nothing. The source pointing out the "Oh For Fox Sake" mug that Strange had definitely seems like the sort of detail you'd see in a trailer and since having access to the movie would give more substantial but obscure details to reference, it makes it seem like it could be another person with access to the trailer, especially since we know that the leaked unfinished trailer was in the hands of various people it seems, like Superhero Theory had their watermark on it for some reason and Murphy's Multiverse used to be affiliated with one person who leaked. That makes it seem like the trailer had been passed around for a while now.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Also curious on if Charlie Cox will really be in this as Murdock or not. I would love to see him back as Daredevil.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I just need to know if they're introducing Daredevil into the MCU in this movie

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
From where are u people getting that Charlie Cox is in this?
The original leak that came from a YouTube video mentioned that Murdock was Peters lawyer for a quick scene. This is the leak that the Reddit post was copied from that got all the information correct before the trailer leaked the other day.

youtu.be

SPIDERMAN No Way Home New Plot Details, Leaks, Trailer Update + Thor Love And Thunder Christian Bale

SPIDERMAN No Way Home New Plot Details, Exclusive Leaks, Trailer Update + Thor Love And Thunder Christian Bale. We breakdown some new Plot Leaks that we were...