• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good. Unfortunately well under Uncharted numbers.

I'm wondering how it did in NA and world wide. Hope we get some more numbers today.
This's Europe. The fact GoW is this close to UN and almost double Horizon number paints a very good picture for the game sales. GoW real show will be in the US where it always sell big.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Spain knows what's up. This is also for 2/3 tracked days, I guess, as in UK.

It certainly gives some perspective on how particular is UK toward the series, and the total irrelevancy of Japan nowadays, except for some key franchises developed in their own country.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It's not unreasonable. There are signs of significant digital growth during the last two years. Sony gave us a precise idea with the numbers published today.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a terrible idea to release yakuza 6 the same week as god of war. It was fully finished and could've been released last month when there was no competition. So stupid.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Man that yakuza number:/

Gow doing awesome! People disappointed that it is behind uc4 should understand that gow never has been big in Europe and Sony was hoping that it'll change with this game's release. And it has. Also it's digital numbers is probably higher than uc4s.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably way bigger digital than Uncharted 4 too, must be pretty close between the 2 in Europe.

But in Americas God of War will sell 2.5x better.
Do we have numbers for UN4 in the US in the first month? I'd suspect its launching month was probably something close to 1 million. GoW doing 2.5 million in half a month just in the US is highly unlikely.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I completed the game, I'm going for the 100%. BOOOOY, it's such a masterpiece. Well deserved.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its weird I didnt like Uncharted 4 as much as most people maybe. I felt like because it shifted development it had an identity crisis, sure it was uncharted but the first few chapters were a bore fest and the pacing was bad. In my opinion God of War feels like a whole different beast

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I will be disappointed if this game doesn't hit 10 million.
Congrats. Also this bear saying that UC4 is really a juggernaut. Like goddamn...the ucharted franchise during the ps3 days were big yes....but UC4 is like on another level. Did UC4 reached 10mil total worldwide?
Until it had the worst drop in history, it should have blown by that. It sold 8.7m in its first 7 months.. So two years later, I'd be looking at higher numbers. That new studio might really be a new Uncharted to print more money from Sony.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to read it's been selling well in Spain as well. WW numbers must be looking pretty decent.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have numbers for UN4 in the US in the first month? I'd suspect its launching month was probably something close to 1 million. GoW doing 2.5 million in half a month just in the US is highly unlikely.
So 2 million Opening month. Isn't that like completely unprecedented for Sony? Why do you think the game can achieve such a number?

ARC-2R

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
User warned: Thread whining/Driveby post
it always amuses me to see people super jazzed over how many other people are playing the same single player game they are.

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
Congrats. Also this bear saying that UC4 is really a juggernaut. Like goddamn...the ucharted franchise during the ps3 days were big yes....but UC4 is like on another level. Did UC4 reached 10mil total worldwide?
Incredible considering how much of a slog it was to play.

God of war deserves this. I bet someday we will see uncharted reinvented as well

Radical_Ed

Nov 1, 2017
That Yakuza number is on track with the sales Japanese games outside the big sagas (FF, Pro Evolution) get in my country. I've heard Persona 4 for the Vita was about a few hundreds. And I find it funny. When I was a teen, in the 32 bits era, I was under the impression that anything from Japan sold volumes. I guess without numbers and the only reference of the press hype I couldn't tell. Everything seemed very Japanese centric in the PS2 era as well.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
Felicidades SSM, se merecen todo el exito por este fabuloso juego.

Seems like spain likes the PS4...

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I will be disappointed if this game doesn't hit 10 million.

Until it had the worst drop in history, it should have blown by that. It sold 8.7m in its first 7 months.. So two years later, I'd be looking at higher numbers. That new studio might really be a new Uncharted to print more money from Sony.
What new studio?

-PyramidSong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Nathan still the king, baby

BasicBarrenIndianabat.gif

congratulations Santa Monica !!