DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
Paramount revealed during CinemaCon 2024 that the untitled comedy movie from Kendrick Lamar and South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker will be released in theaters on July 4, 2025.
The news was shared by Paramount Pictures CEO Brian Robbins, who also confirmed production on the movie will begin this summer. Additionally, he said the script is "one of the funniest and most original scripts we've ever read and it's certain to create some fireworks when it hits theaters on July 4, 2025."
This new comedy will be Matt Stone and Trey Parker's first feature film following 1999's South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut and 2004's Team America: World Police. This will be the first feature film for pgLang, which was founded by Lamar and Free in 2020.
www.ign.com

South Park Creators and Kendrick Lamar's Comedy Movie Gets a July 2025 Release Date - IGN

Paramount revealed during CinemaCon 2024 that the untitled comedy movie from Kendrick Lamar and South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker will be released in theaters on July 4, 2025.

EDIT: Just noticed this is old news (April), but doesn't appear to have been posted before.

Last edited:

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
The pitch for the film is so out there. Could be interesting so i hope they made it work.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
Please, please, please be PFFR Vernon Chatman and not South Park Chatman. South Park is fucking awful but I absolutely love his work with PFFR as well as his solo stuff like Final Flesh.

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
What's the pitch? You can't just say that and not share it!
"The film will depict the past and present coming to a head when a young lack man who is interning as a slave reenactor at a living history museum discovers that his white girlfriend's ancestors once owned his."
This is what i saw before.I think its the official plot?

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure if they consider themselves libertarian anymore. Penn Jillette also used to, but he no longer does.

I had no idea Jillette had distanced himself from libertarianism. Very surprising. I looked it up and it seems the right-wing American reaction to COVID, masks, and the vaccine pushed him away out of disappointment in what the party was promoting.

MasterChief

Feb 6, 2024
"The film will depict the past and present coming to a head when a young lack man who is interning as a slave reenactor at a living history museum discovers that his white girlfriend's ancestors once owned his."
This is what i saw before.I think its the official plot?
Sounds like material these guys would not be able to pull off at all

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
I hope it's good. I like South Park, but not of fan of Kendrick Lamar or rap music.

Oct 31, 2017
I had no idea Jillette had distanced himself from libertarianism. Very surprising. I looked it up and it seems the right-wing American reaction to COVID, masks, and the vaccine pushed him away out of disappointment in what the party was promoting.

He voted for Hillary and Biden, yup. I always thought he was a sweet guy even when he was libertarian, but I was impressed with how he shifted the past eight years.

Oh, huh, didn't know about that. Last time I saw South Park, one of the Specials last year, it felt very "Conservative Comedy" to me.

The Gore one is such a hilarious 2 parter imo. The climate change skeptics are the butt of the joke:

View: https://youtu.be/0AW4nSq0hAc?si=-LcX3YRGSIelrD8T

The kids basically represent Stone and Parker as they seek Gore out and beg his forgiveness. Gore himself commented on it:

View: https://youtu.be/sG-Cp1y0UO8?si=kdkaVrixnuoxbV5w

Their first Covid special seemed like a not so subtle way of telling people not to vote for Trump, but even the one when they're older has jokes about vaccine skeptics, like when a skeptic is about to snort cocaine with an adult Wendy, but then he realizes it's the vaccine, and he declares his body a temple. Even though he was JUST about to do cocaine.

I'm not saying they're leftists, but I don't think they're libertarians necessarily. The reason why their views I don't like don't bother me as much — besides I'm sure not being the target — is because their evolution on some of their views makes me think they're willing to examine their own views and change. Maybe having kids mellowed then out on some stuff. I'd like to see them change on others, but I'll take climate change given its importance.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021
Really interested in this. I've been wanting Matt Stone and Trey Parker to do something "different" for a while, since its pretty obvious they don't have a ton of enthusiasm for South Park anymore (not to say it still isn't funny sometimes though).

Embiid

Banned
Feb 20, 2021
Oh, huh, didn't know about that. Last time I saw South Park, one of the Specials last year, it felt very "Conservative Comedy" to me.
They had recent specials shitting all over vaccine skeptics and QAnon. They're definitely not conservative.

I'm looking forward to this. If kdot trusts them on a wild ass topic like this I trust them as well.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I'll believe this is coming when I see more about it. Isn't it just that synopsis that has been around for a while without anything else? No casting really.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
iirc, I believe Kendrick came to them with the idea or at the very least had a hand in pitching the concept. Seems like it's actually a genuine joint effort.

Kendrick's production company is producing it as well. Trey feels like someone will only make a movie if he knows he can make it good. Especially since this would be the first movie he did with people since Orgazmo.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling this will play too safe. I hope not.

Or we end up with something like the magical negro movie. A premise loaded with so many targets and stinging potential social commentary but ending up as a romantic comedy that played safe.

If this film doesn't offend me it's not doing it's job. :p

plagiarize

Khive rise up
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
They had recent specials shitting all over vaccine skeptics and QAnon. They're definitely not conservative.

I'm looking forward to this. If kdot trusts them on a wild ass topic like this I trust them as well.
We have very different measures for what makes a conservative if this is where you set the bar.

They took the JK Rowling position on trans women in sports. Whatever party allegiance you want to assign to that, it's a conservative viewpoint with no scientific basis.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
We have very different measures for what makes a conservative if this is where you set the bar.

They took the JK Rowling position on trans women in sports. Whatever party allegiance you want to assign to that, it's a conservative viewpoint with no scientific basis.

They also had a special about how chuds making fun of Star Wars suck but also how Disney including minorities in media is like total shit that makes movies lame too. So they're both equally cringe!!

Guess which joke has been used to attack actresses and directors of minority led films?

Oct 25, 2017
He voted for Hillary and Biden, yup. I always thought he was a sweet guy even when he was libertarian, but I was impressed with how he shifted the past eight years.

The Gore one is such a hilarious 2 parter imo. The climate change skeptics are the butt of the joke:

View: https://youtu.be/0AW4nSq0hAc?si=-LcX3YRGSIelrD8T

The kids basically represent Stone and Parker as they seek Gore out and beg his forgiveness. Gore himself commented on it:

View: https://youtu.be/sG-Cp1y0UO8?si=kdkaVrixnuoxbV5w

Their first Covid special seemed like a not so subtle way of telling people not to vote for Trump, but even the one when they're older has jokes about vaccine skeptics, like when a skeptic is about to snort cocaine with an adult Wendy, but then he realizes it's the vaccine, and he declares his body a temple. Even though he was JUST about to do cocaine.

I'm not saying they're leftists, but I don't think they're libertarians necessarily. The reason why their views I don't like don't bother me as much — besides I'm sure not being the target — is because their evolution on some of their views makes me think they're willing to examine their own views and change. Maybe having kids mellowed then out on some stuff. I'd like to see them change on others, but I'll take climate change given its importance.

I'd also add the two parter on Amazon where an injured worker quoting Marx is shown as the good one, while Bezos was a straight-up villain (even ordering Alexa to kill Kenny).

They have gotten better. A far cry from "corporations are actually a good thing" back in 1998.

Embiid

Banned
Feb 20, 2021
I might be reading this sentence wrong and if I am let me know because it sounds like you're implying that those issues are setting the bar low? You serious? Anti-vaxx bullshit, Qanon, Qanon-adjacent, that huge umbrella of misinformation and conspiracy shit that developed from it... has done MASSIVE, widespread, irreparable damage to literally half of this country. Aside from immigration and abortion, they're the biggest conservative talking points / red flags out there. Like am I reading your shit wrong or what? Because you're damn right I set the bar there.

This isn't just a JK Rowling talking point. Our press doesn't breathlessly report on every aspect of her transphobic brain rot like in the U.K. The reality is over 2/3 of this country believe trans women shouldn't be allowed to participate in women's sports, meaning there's a shit ton of people on the other side of the aisle that believe it as well. Calling it a conservative viewpoint isn't even close to doing it justice in terms of how widespread the rot is: 69% for women, 66% for girls, page 13. Honestly just an insane number…I didn't think it would be damn near 70% when I googled it. It's like a mind virus.

It's the same deal with racists. It's not just a conservative viewpoint, it's across the spectrum. I've met just as many diet racists that call themselves liberals and vote dem as I have conservatives that put it out in the open.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022
I might be reading this sentence wrong and if I am let me know because it sounds like you're implying that those issues are setting the bar low? You serious? Anti-vaxx bullshit, Qanon, Qanon-adjacent, that huge umbrella of misinformation and conspiracy shit that developed from it... has done MASSIVE, widespread, irreparable damage to literally half of this country. Aside from immigration and abortion, they're the biggest conservative talking points / red flags out there. Like am I reading your shit wrong or what? Because you're damn right I set the bar there.

This isn't just a JK Rowling talking point. Our press doesn't breathlessly report on every aspect of her transphobic brain rot like in the U.K. The reality is over 2/3 of this country believe trans women shouldn't be allowed to participate in women's sports, meaning there's a shit ton of people on the other side of the aisle that believe it as well. Calling it a conservative viewpoint isn't even close to doing it justice in terms of how widespread the rot is: 69% for women, 66% for girls, page 13. Honestly just an insane number…I didn't think it would be damn near 70% when I googled it. It's like a mind virus.

It's the same deal with racists. It's not just a conservative viewpoint, it's across the spectrum. I've met just as many diet racists that call themselves liberals and vote dem as I have conservatives that put it out in the open.
They're all the same, they're all bigots and chuds.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Yeah this is a strange one. I thought these guys just do like toilet humor and "gay is funny" jokes?
Well thats how they were for like 20 years anyway, I guess theyve really changed? Lol

I just remembered the classic, "Baseketball" lol

Feb 16, 2022
Yeah this is a strange one. I thought these guys just do like toilet humor and "gay is funny" jokes?
Well thats how they were for like 20 years anyway, I guess theyve really changed? Lol
Not really:
They also had a special about how chuds making fun of Star Wars suck but also how Disney including minorities in media is like total shit that makes movies lame too. So they're both equally cringe!!

Guess which joke has been used to attack actresses and directors of minority led films?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't seen SP in a few years, but they used to dumpster on everything. Not sure if that has changed recently.

There's been a very real shift in the tone of South Park's humor around season 10. They used to dump on anything, but the laser focus on transfolk and complete and total invalidation is well documented, unwarranted and ultimately extremely confusing coming from them.