xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
So I've read several threads on here with people who had issues redeeming their rewards. I had issues myself. We all know that contacting support for any company is usually a PITA. I'm currently having that issue returning a fault Philips TV that overheats, but I digress. The fix follows:

1. Checking out gives you an issue and tells you to contact support?

2. Go to your PSN profile (not on Sony Rewards).

3. Turn off 2FA for your profile.

4. Go back to Sony Rewards and checkout.

5. Success!

6. Turn back on your 2FA on PSN.

I chalk this up to different backend coders not checking how different departments are connected with their websites. This worked perfectly for me and I hope it helps at least one other person.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Weird, I have 2FA on and have had zero redemption issues. Have you contacted their support? Because I had to for an issue in the past and they fixed it right up.

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
I've had to call for a few months now. I was told it was to stop potential scammers. I have 2FA off and can't redeem it still so I'm not sure it's a universal fix. EDIT: That said this made me check the app and that finally works for me normally, so I'll take it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
xinoart

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
Weird, I have 2FA on and have had zero redemption issues. Have you contacted their support? Because I had to for an issue in the past and they fixed it right up.
No. I fixed this myself without contacting them. I read people on here has issues getting rewards and support was a problem with email. They would put you in a queue and calling them could take awhile. 2FA was the issue for me and when turned off, it worked perfectly.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I've never been able to redeem since the inception of the program, I've probably missed out 1K in PSN gift cards at this point. This thread just opened the wound lol