• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT after E3?

• Yes

Votes: 412 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 95 11.0%
  • Wait for the Playstation 5

Votes: 354 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Naw here ya go I'll bite see where this goes
First party wise for 2018 confirmed 2018

Detriot
Mlb 18
God of war
Blood and truth
Concrete genie
Spider-Man
Shadow of Colossus

Not confirmed next year
Last of us 2
Days gone
Dreams
Ghost of Tsushima

IplayGames4Fun

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User banned (24hr) - Posting in bad faith and derailing thread
Yes you are, and yes, they are First Party games. And if you want the rest of the community to engage in a fruitful conversation with you should be more humble
I don't think just wanting to discuss one thing and not argue about semantics is not being humble. I just want to talk about what games sony is making with their in house studios i can look forward to coming up. not get into a bitch fest about semantics. I've seen enough BS and drama on these forums and i'm just too old for that childish shit. So in the effort of moving on, you can call whatever you want 1st party, i don't really care, i just want to talk about sony's talented studios not shit 3rd party ones like QD who's games suck. and i don't care about remakes either

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

Detriot
Mlb 18
God of war
Blood and truth
Concrete genie
Spider-Man
Shadow of Colossus

Not confirmed next year
Last of us 2
Days gone
Dreams
Ghost of Tsushima

How about Wild? what are the news someone was refering too?

As Bundy was saying I think Day's Gone will be a 2018 Fall game.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By Winter you mean Fall? Because Winter 2018 is 1 month from now :)
Woops, sorry :D
no i'm not and no they aren't.
lmao dude, what are you even talking about? Ask a Sony rep what Ratchet & Clank is and he will tell you it's a 1st party game.
Ask Nintendo what F-Zero GX is and they will tell you it's a 1st party game.
Ask Microsoft what ReCore is. They will tell you it's a 1st party game. What is your problem? Are you making your own rules here?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017

Detriot
Mlb 18
God of war
Blood and truth
Concrete genie
Spider-Man
Shadow of Colossus

Not confirmed next year
Last of us 2
Days gone
Dreams
Ghost of Tsushima

They should honestly keep it like that, with some of the not confirmed games being 2019 games. Lets have 2 damn good years back to back and then we can get PS5 hype train going in 2019/2020.

If we get something like this:

Q1 2018
  • Inpatient
  • God of War
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Detroit
  • MLB 19
  • Bravo Team
Q2 2018
  • Blood and Truth
  • Spider-Man
Q3 2018
  • Concrete Genie
  • Days Gone
  • Dreams
Q4 2018/Q1 2019
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Wild
Q2 2019
  • The Last of Us Part II

Oh man, this would be amazing.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
How about Wild? what are the news someone was refering too?

As Bundy was saying I think Day's Gone will be a 2018 Fall game.
Do they own wild? Shit I didn't know that

They should honestly keep it like that, with the not confirmed games being 2019 games. Lets have 2 damn good years back to back and then we can get PS5 hype train going in 2019/2020.
Ehhhhh idk dreams need to come out already lol everything else I whole heartedly agree

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the DMC rumors are true then Sony once again bolster their exclusives portfolio.

I hope we get another From collaboration.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confident that God of War, Detroit, Spider-Man and Dreams will be 2018. Plus Shadow of the Colossus and MLB which are already dated.

I'm also confident that Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us will be 2019.

Days Gone and Death Stranding are the ones I have clue on. I can see Days Gone releasing in the fall, I can see it being well into 2019. Death Stranding is a major mystery, no clue there aside from 2019 at bare minimum.

I don't even know what to say about Wild lol.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think just wanting to discuss one thing and not argue about semantics is not being humble. I just want to talk about what games sony is making with their in house studios i can look forward to coming up. not get into a bitch fest about semantics. I've seen enough BS and drama on these forums and i'm just too old for that childish shit. So in the effort of moving on, you can call whatever you want 1st party, i don't really care, i just want to talk about sony's talented studios not shit 3rd party ones like QD who's games suck. and i don't care about remakes either

Let me tell you, you are doing a shitty job about both not being childish and not getting into a "sematics bitchfest", man

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

wow

you sound like a

nevermind its not worth it

Oct 25, 2017

Christ. You sure you're old enough to be posting on this forum?

jp24fan

Nov 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
So can we start speculating about 2020 games?

Horizon Zero Dawn 2
Death Stranding
Japan Studio?

Great question and hard to answer atm. Other than what Blackleg-sanji already said, I can see Supermassive producing an AAA game for 2020. Also, From is focusing on a multiplatform ARPG at the moment (I think?) but I could see one of their other two projects being a PS exclusive for 2020 (PS5 launch title?).

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

Well you were 100% incorrect and chose to stand your ground on a falsehood.

Now, the same goes for Quantic Dream with Detroit, Kojima Productions with Death Stranding, Bluepoint Games with Shadow of the Colossus, WiLD with Wild Sheep Studio and Supermassive Games with their various first-party games created specifically for PlayStation consoles financed and owned by Sony.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I guess that means they plan PS5 for a 2019/20 release...
Q4 2020 with Horizon 2 as launch game would be absolutely amazing. I'm also expecting the PS5 to be fully backwards compatible with the PS4 and developers having the option to patch their PS4 games to take advantage of the PS5's power much like they can do now on the PS4Pro. And if that actually happens I'd expect Sony to patch a lot of exclusive games to look and run better on the PS5 at launch.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no such thing as second party in reality, I think they call them 'first party partners'.

thats a made up term that doesnt even make much logical sense

there is no ''second party'' on this situation

They're both first party games since they're published and owned by Sony.

I guess I always thought it was a studio making a game for a platform developer but are not owned by that company.
I guess in reality the distinction doesn't matter though

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Great question and hard to answer atm. Other than what Blackleg-sanji already said, I can see Supermassive producing an AAA game for 2020. Also, From is focusing on a multiplatform ARPG at the moment (I think?) but I could see one of their other two projects being a PS exclusive for 2020 (PS5 launch title?).

From Soft exclusive for ps5 launch, that would be amazing!

And a great way to please the hardcore first adopters

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Q4 2020 with Horizon 2 as launch game would be absolutely amazing. I'm also expecting the PS5 to be fully backwards compatible with the PS4 and developers having the option to patch their PS4 games to take advantage of the PS5's power much like they can do now on the PS4Pro. And if that actually happens I'd expect Sony to patch a lot of exclusive games to look and run better on the PS5 at launch.

Yeah, I was thinking they would do that with Death Stranding

IplayGames4Fun

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well you were 100% incorrect and chose to stand your ground on a falsehood.

Now, the same goes for Quantic Dream with Detroit, Kojima Productions with Death Stranding, Bluepoint Games with Shadow of the Colossus, WiLD with Wild Sheep Studio and Supermassive Games with their various first-party games created specifically for PlayStation consoles financed and owned by Sony.

lol of course they would say that but here watch what adults do. i don't care you can say any game is 1st party. doens't matter to me, it only matters to well you know who. I just want to know what the talented studios at sony are working on for my entertainment, not 3rd party devs working on games for them regardless how you classified but I'll make everyone happy. I was wrong. see it's that easy. now moving on i don't care to address it anymore. I just want to know what the actual sony owned studios are working on, cause outside of insomniac all those 3rd party devs make crap games IMO and i could care less about them

jp24fan

Nov 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
lol of course they would say that but here watch what adults do. i don't care you can say any game is 1st party. doens't matter to me, it only matters to well you know who. I just want to know what the talented studios at sony are working on for my entertainment, not 3rd party devs working on games for them regardless how you classified but I'll make everyone happy. I was wrong. see it's that easy. now moving on i don't care to address it anymore. I just want to know what the actual sony owned studios are working on, cause outside of insomniac all those 3rd party devs make crap games IMO and i could care less about them

If that's the case, you can check out the OP. It shows what every Sony studio is working on, except for GG, PD and Japan Studio.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
2020:

PS4
- MLB
- Ratchet & Clank 2

PS5
- Horizon 2
- Toyama's next game

Cross-Platform
- Death Stranding (doesn't seem like an outrageous guess)

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
all those 3rd party devs make crap games IMO and i could care less about them
nathan-fillion.gif

IplayGames4Fun

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If that's the case, you can check out the OP. It shows what every Sony studio is working on, except for GG, PD and Japan Studio.
Seen it. a while ago. I wanted to know what was coming in the next 2 years. seems like GoW is for sure. and possibly days gone. maybe ghost and of course the yearly MLB games for some reason. slim chance at spiderman as well. So am i missing anything?

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Do I remember wrong or did someone at Japan Studio say their next batch of games are going to take a while? Maybe even next-gen?
I don't think it was confirmed but it wouldn't be a crazy assumption to think their next notable game is a couple years away. Between fall 2016 and fall 2017 they released The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2 and Knack 2 from internal teams and The Tomorrow Children and Everybody's Golf which were external collaborations.

They kinda seem like they work in waves.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
So can we start speculating about 2020 games?

Horizon Zero Dawn 2
Death Stranding
Japan Studio?
Knack 3
Mlb 20
Horizon 2
Ratchet and clank 2?

Who else would be ready by than?

I love this speculation. There's a lot of potential there with devs and cross-gen games.

Toyama is expected to be starting on Japan Studio's new project this year, so it could be ready by 2020.

- Toyama's next game

Ah, beaten.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it was confirmed but it wouldn't be a crazy assumption to think their next notable game is a couple years away. Between fall 2016 and fall 2017 they released The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2 and Knack 2 from internal teams and The Tomorrow Children and Everybody's Golf which were external collaborations.

They kinda seem like they work in waves.

Hmmm, dunno. Interesting if true. Although I guess that's a fairly reasonable conclusion to make, considering they released multiple internal projects within the last 12 months.

Edit: Beaten.
Yeah, I guess I could be imagining all that / mix with some other developer since nobody else recalls anything like that. But it got me thinking too that at least their next big game might take a while. Do they have specific teams internally or do they mix them up whenever a new project starts?

IplayGames4Fun

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
No prob. I think 2018/2019 are good enough first-party wise (especially if you look at the competition both in terms of quantity but also scale). However, a good E3 showing is always nice :)
I have all the systems (save the switch) so don't really care about that. I'm not locked out of playing anything

What do you mean by slim? Spider-Man for 2018 is a lock.
I wouldn't call it a lock until they give a firm date, although insomniac is usually pretty good at not having delays

jp24fan

Nov 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Yeah, I guess I could be imagining all that / mix with some other developer since nobody else recalls anything like that. But it got me thinking too that at least their next big game might take a while. Do they have specific teams internally or do they mix them up whenever a new project starts?

Project Siren/Team Gravity led by Keiichiro Toyama is the only specific internal team that I know of (made Gravity Rush 2).

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
You're right, man...first ignore on the new forum :/

Edit: Yeah, early september would be good, A nice game to start the 2018/19 season.

Really? I been seeing that people expect DG late 2018 or 19.. I was thinking early like March or April '18 or even a summer release.

Hmm.. 2020 releases.

-Fall 2020: Deep Down PS5 launch title

-early 2020: Horizon: New Dawn PS4 Swan song

-2019: Bloodborne 2

-2019: Legend of Dragoon: Subtitle. (Just a dream or whatever jrpg they have or may be cooking)

-2019: GT8

Last edited:

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't call it a lock until they give a firm date, although insomniac is usually pretty good at not having delays

That reminds me: Ratchet and Clank was delayed into 2016 from the previous year, so Spider-Man could end up being delayed.

I don't think it's likely at all though, considering it looked really far along even when it was announced, it's been all hands on deck for a long time at Insomniac, and with Marvel directly involved from a production standpoint there's probably not much wriggle room once the year of release has been set.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Seen it. a while ago. I wanted to know what was coming in the next 2 years. seems like GoW is for sure. and possibly days gone. maybe ghost and of course the yearly MLB games for some reason. slim chance at spiderman as well. So am i missing anything?
The Spider-Man trailers from e3 and pgw end with 2018 so what makes you say it is a slim chance that it will not make it before 2020.....

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Mix them up. There's specific lead creative teams (like Toyama's one) but I believe most of the studio is mixed around. Plus Japan Studio relies heavily on outsourcing.

That reminds me: Ratchet and Clank was delayed into 2016 from the previous year, so Spider-Man could end up being delayed.

I don't think it's likely at all though, considering it looked really far along even when it was announced, it's been all hands on deck for a long time at Insomniac, and with Marvel directly involved from a production standpoint there's probably not much wriggle room once the year of release has been set.
R&C was only delayed because Sony wanted to launch it alongside the movie and the movie was delayed. Last I recall, the game was already finished by that point.

Spider-Man's a huge game for Sony, so I have no doubt Insomniac would get more time if they needed it. But even then, if Shawn Layden is to be trusted and it's currently scheduled for the first half of 2018, a delay would still probably mean a 2018 release.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Really? I been seeing that people except DG late 2018 or 19.. I was thinking early like March or April '18 or even a summer release.

Hmm.. 2020 releases.

-Fall 2020: Deep Down PS5 launch title

-early 2020: Horizon: New Dawn PS4 Swan song

-2019: Bloodborne 2

-2019: Legend of Dragoon: Subtitle. (Just a dream or whatever jrpg they have or may be cooking)

-2019: GT8

I can see a Summer release, but not earlier. First half of the year we have GoW, Detroit and SotC.

I was thinking Spiderman summer and Day's Gone September but could easily be reverser. And Spiderman will resist the fall onslaugh much better.

Deep Down, Bloodborne 2...I wish, man!

HZD 2 will be PS5 game, I think.

Death Stranding can be crossplatform, or PS5 Backwards compatible, enhanced with a patch

Status
Not open for further replies.