• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT after E3?

• Yes

Votes: 412 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 95 11.0%
  • Wait for the Playstation 5

Votes: 354 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
I remember reading an interview with Becker somewhere some time ago about JAPAN Studio and his past with SSM and you could see that he is a very pro-creator, pro-vision kind of guy. Hopefully they will keep collaborating with Ueda, indeed.

Also, always a delight to see how enthusiastic Shu is about games. Dude definitely isn't just a suit, he's a passionate gamer.
Listen to Yoshida makes me even more intrigued to see Kouno's project.

I hope it's something different we can't imagine ourselves. Something ambitious in a different way. I remember Becker said for almost 5 years ago that he wants JS to create games you not normally see from other developers. This is what JS should retain. They are good at it if they get the budget.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
!!!
zuraO5t.png

Are you surveilling that page just for a moment like that?

Oct 25, 2017
On the live stream launch for Shadow of the Colossus, Shu reminisces of a story when Allan Becker (then studio head of SMS) defended Ueda's vision for the game when other SCEA producers questioned the lack of regular fights in the game and the nature of being only a boss battles game.

Becker is clearly a fan of Ueda's work, so I wonder if he is keen to keep collaborating with him at Japan Studio
Becker is the man. Don't sleep on Sony Japan!

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TBH, I expect T2 to do a press conference this year. Could be a good opportunity to show RDR2 and Borderlands 2. And maybe games from Private Division.
... I'd be okay with this. I miss the days when pretty much every decent-sized publisher held E3 conferences of varying size.

Heck, everyone should just have a Nintendo Direct equivalent where they summarize their E3 content even if it's 5-10 minutes. Would be a nice way to easily follow the event.

Edit:
And Sony was never going to skip E3.

Wizzly

Jan 10, 2018
I expect more than controlling animals, i already seen in some indie games. There is no communication about the game , this is not reassuring.
There is few other exclusive games i forgot and i expect to be great games i'm interested in, Dragon Quest XI, No Ni Nuki 2, FF7, Shenmue 3.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I expect more than controlling animals, i already seen in some indie games. There is no communication about the game , this is not reassuring.
There is few other exclusive games i forgot and i expect to be great games i'm interested in, Dragon Quest XI, No Ni Nuki 2, FF7, Shenmue 3.
Not Sony first party games. So that's more off topic ;)

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
So... people actually believed that Sony would skip E3?

First people thought Microsoft was actually going to buy EA or Valve, and now this? C'mon guys...

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
E3 is definitely going to be exciting this year, I'm really looking forward to TLoU Part 2 and (hopefully) Ghosts of Tsushima gameplay.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Not Sony first party games. So that's more off topic ;)

Well, if you are a console only gamer, it is pretty much relevant to speak about NNK2 and Shenmue 3, right (even DQ11, if you are not a nintendo fan)?. Also, FFVII will be PS4 exclusive game right?

besides, it isnt uncommon to speak about PS4 exclusives or console exclusive games as "first party"... many players just see everything thats exclusive to PS4 as a first party game, which is false of course, but in the end, it doesnt really matter (for gamers).

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, if you are a console only gamer, it is pretty much relevant to speak about NNK2 and Shenmue 3, right (even DQ11, if you are not a nintendo fan)?. Also, FFVII will be PS4 exclusive game right?

besides, it isnt uncommon to speak about PS4 exclusives or console exclusive games as "first party"... many players just see everything thats exclusive to PS4 as a first party game, which is false of course, but in the end, it doesnt really matter (for gamers).
I know. And still, they aren't 1st party games. So it's off topic in a first party thread ;) That's why I only listed Sony games like WiLD, Spider-Man, Detroit Become Human, Concrete Genie and so on. Too bad they're not interesting for you.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I know. And still, they aren't 1st party games. So it's off topic in a first party thread ;) That's why I only listed Sony games like WiLD, Spider-Man, Detroit Become Human, Concrete Genie and so on. Too bad they're not interesting for you.

I think you are mistaking me for someone else. I never said anything like this.

Yeah, it was kinda offtopic, but still, 1/5 posts or more in this thread are offtopic.

Oct 31, 2017
So... people actually believed that Sony would skip E3?

First people thought Microsoft was actually going to buy EA or Valve, and now this? C'mon guys...

In another thread, someone was saying MS buying SEGA made perfect sense due to things they did 20 years ago.

Somehow, ERA tries to either will something into happening or gets too caught up in something really outlandish. =P

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
E3 is definitely going to be exciting this year, I'm really looking forward to TLoU Part 2 and (hopefully) Ghosts of Tsushima gameplay.
Yes! Niel Druckmann already confirmed gameplay at E3 so that's exciting, and I expect to see some sort of gameplay for GoT as well. I don't think Days Gone or Spidey will be out by E3 so I think we'll get another trailer and Q3 release dates for both of those games. I'm already excited for Horizon 2 but I don't expect an announcement for that until 2019 at the earliest.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be a very, very exciting year for Capcom. A lot of stuff will make complete sense once people see these projects.

Yeah I know nothing about Capcom. But see how easy that is? We're gonna see at least two new games this year. REmake 2, a new DMC and maybe even more? Would makes sense. So call me an insida, because I didn't say anything useful at all, but it could mean a lot of things later this year. Win Win for me, right?

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a very, very exciting year for Capcom. A lot of stuff will make complete sense once people see these projects.

Yeah I know nothing about Capcom. But see how easy that is? We're gonna see at least two new games this year. REmake 2, a new DMC and maybe even more? Would makes sense. So call me an insida, because I didn't say anything useful at all, but it could mean a lot of things later this year. Win Win for me, right?
What if we don't see 2 new games from them :(

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Knack 3 will be the first game shown on PS5.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to hunt LinkedIn for MediEvil developer info but haven't found much. Most I found was a QA Lead at Santa Monica that worked on Patapon/LocoRoco whos working on it, but doesn't mention the dev. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.