Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Is there an official spec page? I want to know the VRR range for HDMI 2.1, if its floor is 20hz then there is chance that they will update ps5 to cover that range. It says gsync support, is that only via display port?

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
vgmylA7.png
our guy looks so damned proud!
so happy for him , fr

PolarisWaves

Banned
Feb 17, 2022
Those headphones looks like their 1000XM5 line. I have the 1000XM4 and they are probably the best (or at least top 3) consumer headphones on the market. The noise canceling is world class.
Looks like I'll bite on the most expensive model lol.
Monitors looks amazing but I'm not interested for now. Can't wait for the new controller.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
dang so full array local dimming, Sony's world class picture processor, 1ms response time, 4K UHD 600, AND 144hz with vrr and g-sync?? for $900 thats actually pretty good. i paid $1100 for my 27" BenQ thats only 4k uhd 400 and 60Hz back in 2018. i'm also in the market for a new screen in my office. was thinking about getting the new 42" or 48" Sony OLED that are about to release. now i got decisions to make.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't really charge a premium when you haven't had the best product in the market for at least 15 years at this point.
Eh... Their Bravia XR A95K OLED is absolutely not worth nearly twice the cost of LG's C2 OLED or $1000 more than Samsung's S95B OLED, but it's pretty much unquestionably the best OLED money can buy. I'd absolutely buy one over any other option if I had the money to do so.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Eh... Their Bravia XR A95K OLED is absolutely not worth nearly twice the cost of LG's C2 OLED or $1000 more than Samsung's S95B OLED, but it's pretty much unquestionably the best OLED money can buy. I'd absolutely buy one over any other option if I had the money to do so.
That TV isn't out yet officially. Once Rtings gets their hands on it, we'll see. Everywhere I see it say preorder for June.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

This thing really does look like a PS5 monitor in this review.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
That TV isn't out yet officially. Once Rtings gets their hands on it, we'll see. Everywhere I see it say preorder for June.
If you're going by Rting ratings then it's pointless.
PQ has been best on their flagship TVs for a while now. Their picture processing is best in class.

But to be fair, to the average viewer, it's minor stuff. It's only videophiles and calibrators crowing them.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first time this gear and this Inzone brand have been announced and shown?

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, why not? These monitors reviewed well and I don't think tournaments always have top of the line products as long as input lag is low. These will offer both.

Of course Sony intends to make money with their EVO aquisition. They're a company. I'm just happy a big company is pumping big money into something I like. As long as they don't step on the FGC in some way I'm fine.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
So is there a reason these products don't have the PlayStation brand on them. Even though it's all Sony I would assume the PlayStation division is fairly autonomous and doesn't let any division just use the name.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
So is there a reason these products don't have the PlayStation brand on them. Even though it's all Sony I would assume the PlayStation division is fairly autonomous and doesn't let any division just use the name.

They're expanding into general gaming gear. PlayStation has a specific console association that would be confusing.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I mean, why not? These monitors reviewed well and I don't think tournaments always have top of the line products as long as input lag is low. These will offer both.

Of course Sony intends to make money with their EVO aquisition. They're a company. I'm just happy a big company is pumping big money into something I like. As long as they don't step on the FGC in some way I'm fine.
Like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if this is leading up to a transition to PS5 next year. It would explain why Sony & Epic are going out of their way to fix the input delay problem for Unreal Engine games right now.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
If you're going by Rting ratings then it's pointless.
PQ has been best on their flagship TVs for a while now. Their picture processing is best in class.

But to be fair, to the average viewer, it's minor stuff. It's only videophiles and calibrators crowing them.
yup. if you want the best movie watching experience and care about the artist's vision Sony OLEDs are the way to go. otherwise i tell people to just go with LG and save some money. until Samsung gets dolby vision support i'll never recommend their TVs.
Sony is considered a premium brand for consumer electronics. their TVs, digital cameras, and headphones have been top notch for awhile now. Playstation is more associated with console gaming/gaming in the living room so doesn't line up with PC/office gaming accessories. In the past Sony has attached Playstation branding to other products because it had a larger brand presence but they've mostly failed to attract a mass market audience. *stares at Playstation Vue*

Anyways don't be surprised when Sony launches a premium webcam for streamers with an integrated app in the next year or so. Honestly think they should pivot PSVR2 to this InZone lineup and have it launch with PC compatibility. PS5 stock is still hard to come by so making this expensive new headset PC compatible expands the market you can sell it to. only problem is i think it's a bit too late to change plans.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if this is leading up to a transition to PS5 next year. It would explain why Sony & Epic are going out of their way to fix the input delay problem for Unreal Engine games right now.

Yeah, that's to be expected once that switch will not any longer understandably sour the community. As long as they don't ban or de-prioritize games that are not on Playstation.

How is controller support looking right now on PS5? Will most people's sticks, hitboxes etc. work? I'm not up to date on it and just played Strive on a Dualsense cause I kind of fell off using my PS4 stick so I never tried if it'll even work. Since the PS5 doesn't even support the DS4 at all...

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah, that's to be expected once that switch will not any longer understandably sour the community. As long as they don't ban or de-prioritize games that are not on Playstation.

How is controller support looking right now on PS5? Will most people's sticks, hitboxes etc. work? I'm not up to date on it and just played Strive on a Dualsense cause I kind of fell off using my PS4 stick so I never tried if it'll even work. Since the PS5 doesn't even support the DS4 at all...
All officially licensed PS4 sticks & fight pads work on PS5.

Vapor

Oct 28, 2017
They used PCs to play Tekken?

People always used to say that PCs couldn't be used for fighting game tournaments because of all the "variables" with PCs

May 22, 2020
If anyone tested out the Inzone H9 headset, how is the Tempest 3D audio quality between this headset and Pulse 3D headset? For the cost of $300 I was thinking IGN would give higher score for Inzone H9 compare to Pulse 3D especially for 3D audio gaming. My purpose for the headset is just for PS5 gaming that's all. So should I stay with Pulse 3D or get this Inzone H9 for better and more immersive 3D spatial sound? Honest opinion please. Thanks