Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I see it as a 2d game with stages based on the ones from 3d blast

I will say tho that it would be nice if fangame makers qould deviate from the 2d style and visuals and attempted an isometric view gameplay at least with any of the other sonic characters

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I see it as a 2d game with stages based on the ones from 3d blast

I will say tho that it would be nice if fangame makers qould deviate from the 2d style and visuals and attempted an isometric view gameplay at least with any of the other sonic characters

Surely you can't have forgotten the "Sonic Crackers" era of fangames!

There's a SRB2 top-down mod that looked pretty neat last I saw videos of it. I'm not sure it's the same one I'm seeing on YouTube right now, though.
(I know neither of these two are technically "isometric", more 3/4ths overhead.)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Surely you can't have forgotten the "Sonic Crackers" era of fangames!

There's a SRB2 top-down mod that looked pretty neat last I saw videos of it. I'm not sure it's the same one I'm seeing on YouTube right now, though.
(I know neither of these two are technically "isometric", more 3/4ths overhead.)
Sounds good to me, mind linking to the latter at least?

I uh...never took notice of the Crackers era of fangames XP

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That looks pretty cool! Gonna download it and play it later
Played it. Level design gets ROUGH after a while. Somehow it actually makes it feel more like the OG 3D blast: there's a bunch of areas where you need to platform perfectly or you're going to do it again. Just like the random platforms in the original games where you sometimes pass though them because the collision detection is far from perfect.

Also, the special stages are a nightmare. I don't like Sonic 2 style ones and in this fangame they seem to be too fast for my liking.

Besides that, it's kinda of a cool fangame. Nice graphics overall and some interesting bosses (though they can be pretty hard). I'm going to try to finish it later.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Flickies' Island reimagining but without collecting Flickies and unlocking goal rings? 🤔
in short, it's the perfect remake!

(half joking but i'm not sure how you could really adapt 3D Blast into 2D more accurately without being extremely frustrating and having level design that's kind of antithetical to the character's movement abilities)

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Yeah, probably for the best that they didn't bring over the Flicky gimmick from 3D Blast but it certainly would've helped to differentiate it more from the glut of other 2D fangames. Or at least have the Flickies hidden throughout the stages and have them provide power-ups and score bonuses.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
This is a pretty cool take presentation wise, clearly taking cues from non-sonic games but in a way that still feels juuuuuust about like it all fits. Also, I absolutely love that alarm sound effect. Where did they get that from?
Don't know, sounds Neo Geo-ish.

This mod is strange, the music towards the end of the stage on the ship scratches odd parts of my brain. The video is hard to wrap my head around. It all kind of looks like some kind of bonus stage for Sonic Mania that is clearly a crossover with another game or something. It all looks very good and there's a lot to digest there.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
jg4l5j9vz5451.jpg

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I just saw that the Sonic Twitter guy is stepping down. Threadworthy or not?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, what's going on with these Mania stage mods? Are they piecemeal, created by different individuals? Are they all part of one great hack? And what's the context of these hacks? Will they just replace the normal zones or will they be tacked on, allowing you to potentially create a massive library of playable stages to go through in a single playthrough?

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know how many additional fan levels has PC Sonic Mania?
Yeah, what's going on with these Mania stage mods? Are they piecemeal, created by different individuals? Are they all part of one great hack? And what's the context of these hacks? Will they just replace the normal zones or will they be tacked on, allowing you to potentially create a massive library of playable stages to go through in a single playthrough?
As far as I know there was one mod that was essentially 3-4 different classic Sonic stages "Mania-fied" and were released as a stage pack mod called the Mistfits Pack. Beyond that I don't know.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
The one I'm waiting on before double-dipping on a PC copy of Sonic Mania is the Amy Rose mod. Correcting a grave injustice. But hopefully not at the expense of another character.

www.youtube.com

what if Amy was in Sonic Mania Plus?

This video shows off the Amy Mania Mod, by troopsushi in Sonic Mania Plus PC / Steam#SonicManiaPlus #AmyMania #SonicMods➤ Download the mods here- https://son...

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
The one I'm waiting on before double-dipping on a PC copy of Sonic Mania is the Amy Rose mod. Correcting a grave injustice. But hopefully not at the expense of another character.

www.youtube.com

what if Amy was in Sonic Mania Plus?

This video shows off the Amy Mania Mod, by troopsushi in Sonic Mania Plus PC / Steam#SonicManiaPlus #AmyMania #SonicMods➤ Download the mods here- https://son...
Unfortunately Mania modding hasn't reached the point where they can add all new character slots. Amy currently replaces Mighty in that mod.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So are we feeling a new game announcement Tuesday? They seem to make a habit of announcements on Sonic's birthday.
I hope so.
Dream: a bombastic return to form with blistering new gameplay trailer powered by high end tecnology.
Real possibility: CGI trailer that gives us more doubts than answers

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This remix CD came out a few days ago and it's on Spotify. It's a pretty fun megamix, they pull from everything lol

sonic-cd.original.jpg

So are we feeling a new game announcement Tuesday? They seem to make a habit of announcements on Sonic's birthday.

Tuesday just so happens to be the New Game + event as well (which is where a lot of Japanese companies are showing their E3 stuff. So who knows.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Sonic just does not fit in an event filled with niche Japanese publishers, Sega/Atlus being the biggest names on the list. Seeing Sonic fans hype themselves for NG+ Expo is like that truck crashing into the pillar gif.

Cogniferous

Oct 27, 2017
England
There was something planned for SXSW which was delayed to April, then indefinitely, that could come out this week. Obviously they're holding a lot back for Sonic's 30th next year.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This remix CD came out a few days ago and it's on Spotify. It's a pretty fun megamix, they pull from everything lol

sonic-cd.original.jpg

Tuesday just so happens to be the New Game + event as well (which is where a lot of Japanese companies are showing their E3 stuff. So who knows.

I have to say this is pretty great. Been listening non-stop since yesterday.