• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the trailers are just trying to dance around the parts where the main actor speaks. Definitely waiting for reviews, might wait a week to dodge crowds.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
giphy.gif

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I feel like the trailers are just trying to dance around the parts where the main actor speaks. Definitely waiting for reviews, might wait a week to dodge crowds.

Reviews are coming sooner than with TLJ. The LA premiere is a week from Thursday (the 10th). They're really confident with it if they're showing it to critics that early.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, will be buying then.

Reviews out early and aren't they doing a Cannes screening too? Their behavior shows confidence in the final product.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
*crickets*

Seriously though I think this movie was a waste of time. A Boba Fett movie would have made more sense imo. I know they will probably do that as well but they should have just done it instead.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Not really excited for this one. Ron Howard is just so bland. If reviews turn out to be good then I will consider it.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do people still doubt this will review well? I keep seeing this in every thread. It's screening two weeks before the movie opens. If there was any doubt it was anything less than great they wouldn't release the floodgates of critics reactions that far in advance.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I hope Fandango doesn't jump the gun again and make me buy through them instead of Alamo directly. Still pissed I missed those TLJ Mondo glasses.

How do people still doubt this will review well? I keep seeing this in every thread. It's screening two weeks before the movie opens. If there was any doubt it was anything less than great they wouldn't release the floodgates of critics reactions that far in advance.
People decided that when it was first announced they hated the idea and would never give it a chance, and ever since have been dead set that it will be an abject failure.

Like, I get that the whole Lord and Miller/reshoot thing doesn't look good, but people gotta stop clinging to that. This isn't Justice League, where the movie was split 50-50 between two directors with diametrically opposed styles and a shoestring budget for half the film's visual effects. You can literally ignore that Lord & Miller thing ever happened, since it was all trashed, and it's pretty clear Lucasfilm cut the check to ILM to get the effects polished as hell. So we already know the specific problems you'd expect from a late-game director swap and extensive reshoots without a pushed date are not gonna come into play here. In the end it's a Ron Howard film shot from a Kasdan Star Wars script and everything else can be ignored, which means at absolute worst it'll be entirely serviceable. And if you expect serviceable and that just doesn't excite you at all/turns you off on the film, that's completely fine and reasonable. Or if you just don't care for the concept, obviously fine too. But anything in line with painting this as a definite failure/trash fire at this point is just absurd. Of course, like I said at the beginning, these feelings and framings are a deliberate choice to begin with, because these people have been presented with why the reality of the situation means those expectations are unfounded, but they want it to be a failure because they refuse to budge from their initial knee-jerk reaction from years ago, and everything else just serves to be repurposed to support that.

Last edited:

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Fan event is live at my theatre (in Canada), it's $24.99 here. 3D, not IMAX. Thought I'd pass the info along for those interested in the fan event!

Edit: Anyone in Canada, Landmark Cinemas has put up all showtimes on all versions. Grabbed the 7pm IMAX at mine!

Edit 2: Cineplex in Canada has also put up the showtimes.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I got my ticket!!! It's not available to purchase yet on my theater's website but the Atom app has them on sale!

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Can't decide if I see this or IW. I've seen all 3 Star Wars films in theatres and have never seen a Marvel movie in theatres but on Bluray.

Peristerium

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the visuals on this one is a major upgrade from many other Star Wars film of late. However, I'm kind of depressed at the idea of watching a character whose life ended in such a tragedy later on in his life. I wished TFA hadn't included Han, Leia, Luke and other old characters so I can imagine how their later life would be.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I dont know about the rest of you all but...I'm pretty hyped lol! I'm just as hyped for this as I was for TLJ.

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
Got mine! Going to the "Opening Night Fan Event"- basically Thursday the 24th at 6pm. The earliest available opportunity :-)

Also, there were more seats sold already than I expected.

gsrjedi

Oct 26, 2017
Got tickets to the AMC fan event on their site. The app and Fandango didn't have tickets available yet. Almost half the theater was sold out

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Bought tickets to friday afternoon showing, may as well save a few bucks and see it in a less crowded theater (dolby digital still). $25 for the "fan event" is such a rip off, 1 hour early and you get a button, dice, poster, and popcorn (no soda!) Did it for Thor 3 and TLJ and it really wasn't worth it at all.

So far my seats are the only one sold for the first showing on friday but thu evening is selling out briskly. Nowhere near as crazy as Black Panther, TLJ, or Infinity War though which were pretty much 90% gone within 30 mins (opening night) at my AMC.

spam flakes

Oct 27, 2017
Wow more seats are being sold than I had anticipated so soon. I can't even sit in the middle at some of my theatres. I'll buy my tickets soon after I get off work.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
for the first time ever for a star wars movie, i think i will sit this one out and just watch it on the plane when i travel to moscow for world cup on the month of july.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Went to buy ticket. Realized I'll be on vacation in Cancun when this comes out. *shrug* no biggie. I'd have been way more upset about missing Infinity War. lol

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Are there already any trailers for this movie? It seems like i barely hear anything about this movie. Or is it only on small scale theatres only?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, 2D IMAX showings at my theater. So glad this is becoming the trend again.