Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
His first animated appearance was in Spider-Man and his Amazing friend in which he gets embarrassingly beaten by Juggernaut. (Like retract your claws from the wall man)

But in this and Pryde of the X-Men (a failed X-Men TV pilot) he still has an Australian accent even though he's Canadian. (That reminds me, I'd prefer they get a Canadian actor to play him in the MCU)

Thank God Cal Dodd defined how Wolverine should sound.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Wow, I was oblivious to that info.

And yea, they should get a 5'3" Chonky Canadian boi to play that role.

Wait... that's me! .. just with a touch more tan.

Oct 8, 2019
His first animated appearance was in Spider-Man and his Amazing friend in which he gets embarrassingly beaten by Juggernaut. (Like retract your claws from the wall man)

But in this and Pryde of the X-Men (a failed X-Men TV pilot) he still has an Australian accent even though he's Canadian. (That reminds me, I'd prefer they get a Canadian actor to play him in the MCU)

Thank God Cal Dodd defined how Wolverine should sound.

Crocodile Dundee was popular and Australia itself was hugely popular at the time so Marvel thought about revealing that Wolverine was Australian

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
During the 80's, the X-Men comics had the team based in Australia for a long period of time, perhaps any research done was misconstrued.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently in Pryde of the X-Men, a line in the script called for Wolverine to mock Pyro (who is Australian) by calling him a "dingo", but Wolverine's voice actor didn't know that Pyro was Australian, so he took this word from Wolverine as a cue suggesting that Wolverine was Australian, so he gave Wolverine his best Australian voice.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Pryde of the X-Men's theme song was a banger. It also spawned the Konami arcade game. So overall despite the accent it was a force for good.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I think the most obvious reason is because we think animals (such as wolverines) come from Australia. Even though animals come from everywhere, they probably come from Australia.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
As a kid I was more annoyed at Juggernaut being on the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants despite not, in fact, being a mutant.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As a kid I was more annoyed at Juggernaut being on the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants despite not, in fact, being a mutant.
He's Charles's step-brother and best buds with the mutants' living security network, Black Tom Cassidy, yet he's not welcome in the mutant homeland even as a visitor.
Mutants are such trash.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
He's Charles's step-brother and best buds with the mutants' living security network, Black Tom Cassidy, yet he's not welcome in the mutant homeland even as a visitor.
Mutants are such trash.
And let's not forget the period he spent when he reformed and was an official team-member in good standing, but, whatever, we cant worry about the problematic nature of denying Cain access to Krakoa when we could be spending that energy continuing to allow Mr. fucking Sinister to openly scheme right under the Quiet Council's noses...