Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Watching the remake the other day made me realize how not even corporate greed can ruin such a great movie, unlike what happened with the other remakes. Will Smith as the genie is great btw.

The setting, the characters and especially the music are simply Disney at their best. Just look at this:

So good, impossible to top. The version in the remake is great too surprisingly:

I'm just glad we're all in agreement about this. That's all!

Oct 26, 2017
The live version is better than the animated one. Fight me about it. Aladdin and Jasmine are both terrible characters in the animated one. Genie and Jafar save that movie.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
The live version is better than the animated one. Fight me about it. Aladdin and Jasmine are both terrible characters in the animated one. Genie and Jafar save that movie.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

OT there are so many Disney films it just depends on my mood tbh. It's up there though, Robin's Genie is one of the greatest performances in the history of film

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even the best movie of the 90s Renaissance.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's the best Disney animated movie behind Lion King. And Maybe Tangled.

Pickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The genie parts sure, the rest screamed b-grade. Main actor's wig cap edge is visible most of the time, and the makeup on arguably the second most important character being the antagonist and all is basically non-existent and kills it for me

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Nah, I prefer Lilo and Stitch (Or the Emperor's New Groove), and that's just talking about the 2D ones since if I counted 3D, Zootopia would easily win for me.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
LION KING then Tarzan. Phil Collins didn't have to put out the best soundtrack in animated movie history. But he did. He did it for us.

Oct 25, 2017
How can you say this when Lion King and Mulan exist?

Shit even Tarzan. I would love to add Pocahontas but.....I can't get past the HEAVILY altered story.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
OP you will not find a bigger Aladdin stan than this guy right here

All the songs are on command from my brain, as well as the love for all three movies and the TV show.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
It's up there for sure, but it's still The Lion King for me.

Edit: probably top five along with Moana, Frozen and Beauty and the Beast.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
The animated one is the best, yes. I say this as a kid that was never in to Disney and thoroughly enjoyed Aladdin. Ive seen other Disney movies and besides the Lion King, none really stood out to me. As for hte live version, I saw it because I enjoyed the original so much and it was so bad that I will not be watching other live remakes.

Actually, I saw Beauty and Beast remake before that and that was pretty bad too.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
I really liked Treasure Planet, but I do like to go back to the Disney Renaissance movies every now and again. I used to have the biggest crush on Aladdin when I was little and would sing along to Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle's rendition of A Whole New World.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Aladdin is absolutely great, but I prefer Tangled. Maybe the best written Disney movie. Wonderful songs. The sequence from Kingdom Dance into I See the Light might be the best sequence in any Disney movie.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Aladdin and Lion King are basically tied for me. If I had to choose I'd probably give Aladdin the edge, but also the Disney Renaissance had so many bangers that I really don't think anyone could single out one of them as the best.

If we're talking Disney Renaissance then I'm the one who loves The Rescuers Down Under the most, that VHS got worrrrrrn out
I watched TRDU recently and the animation is phenomenal and George C Scott is clearly having a lot of fun as the villain but it just felt extremely shallow to me. Style over substance.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
It's good, although outside of the Genie and some of the animation it's not spectacular.

The Lion King is probably the best movie they've done (the intro still gives me chills) and The Emperor's New Groove is the most fun.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
The Lion King is probably the best movie they've done (the intro still gives me chills) and The Emperor's New Groove is the most fun.
My man.

tenor.gif

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
Aladdin is the best animated Disney Studios film and Aladdin is the best live action Disney remake. 100% I'm all in.