Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
does capcom not want our money, i thought the exclusivity deal was up in 2018.

i need this in my life.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Wow, I already thought it was on the PC from launch.

I recently bought psvr and I'm doing my second play through in VR and it's a million times better.

I really hope PC gets it soon, you'll love it.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I remember someone saying the exclusivity deal would last for a full year, so maybe expect to hear an announcement on the 24th at the earliest?

Personally I'd buy twelve copies of RE7 on Switch, but here we are.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
It released Jan 24th 2017 and had a one year PS4 exclusivity. Very likely, they aren't allowed to talk about any other VR version yet.

Deleted member 2945

Oct 25, 2017
If you have VR for PC and this gets announced for it - it's fugging worth it.

Makes me want to get an HTC Vive just for this game.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
It would be awesome if this is what the big tease is about. Good on so many levels.

From what I've seen, most people think it's related to a RE2 remake. But as always, we just need to be a bit more patient and keep waiting.

It would be amazing if they reveal that they added touch controls to RE7, but I highly doubt it. Still, that's my secret hope.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
From what I've seen, most people think it's related to a RE2 remake. But as always, we just need to be a bit more patient and keep waiting.

It would be amazing if they reveal that they added touch controls to RE7, but I highly doubt it. Still, that's my secret hope.

I still secretly hope this too. I'm 100 percent convinced it's going to cost money and not be a free upgrade and this will be the easiest way to get good pub out of a standalone release.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I still secretly hope this too. I'm 100 percent convinced it's going to cost money and not be a free upgrade and this will be the easiest way to get good pub out of a standalone release.

I bought RE7 on a sale just to be ready for a VR release. If they add touch controls, I would buy it again for full price and not even be mad.
But as I said, I highly doubt that they invested the resources. I mean, it's still Capcom.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
They've been teasing stuff on their twitter and it's only 3 days away from the end of the exclusivity deal. There is a chance we may hear something soon.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
they said psvr is a yearlong exclusive. it technically hasn't even been a year yet. so

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Maybe they aren't happy with the steam sales

The steam numbers don't set the world on fire (over half a million according to steamspy while the overall sales number should be around 4.3 million). But they already have a running VR version and only need to port it to the other headsets, which shouldn't be that much work. That's why it would still make sense to release a PCVR version even if they probably won't sell more than a hundred thousand copies.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Yea it will come eventually. Tons of hungry VR owners on PC that would pick it up. You'll probably start hearing about it once Monster Hunter Worlds is out.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of my least favorite things about exclusive deals with console platforms in particular: they can hamstring content for a generally separate marketplace. The PSVR deal makes perfect sense, but it's such an arbitrary cut out of the body of more substantive VR games for PC headsets.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18521

Oct 27, 2017
Soon hopefully. I started the game on the ps4 a year ago but after realizing the potienal on Vive, I stopped playing hoping for a PC version. Haven't bought it yet also for fear that there will be a vr version that is seperate.

PixelBastard

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Look at Capcoms history, they'll eventually release it and re-release again for every capable VR headset known to mankind.

Deleted member 18521

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I haven't bought RE7 cause I've been waiting for it to hit PCVR but uh.... I don't think that's going to happen.
According to this article "At the moment, we have no plans regarding systems other than PlayStation VR."
Not gonna lie, this infuriates me. Don't fucking say "Year long exclusive" if you never plan on going to other systems. Just tell us to fuck off and be on your fuckin' way.

That arcticle was from 14th Dec 2017. Maybe they are/were under nda for a certain time.

"At the moment, we have no plans regarding systems other than PlayStation VR."

I'm still hoping we see something for like e3 or something.

Jayson's Rage

Oct 24, 2017
That arcticle was from 14th Dec 2017. Maybe they are/were under nda for a certain time.

"At the moment, we have no plans regarding systems other than PlayStation VR."

I'm still hoping we see something for like e3 or something.
True. But I don't hold out much hope either. That's still barely a month away from the year mark.

Either way, I can't be the only one who hasn't picked it up yet because of this. "Poor sales" is no excuse when they used the VR to drive sales of the PS version. They could easily drive more PC sales by announcing VR on PC.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't pay much attention before , but did Capcom before said they will release it on other platforms or it was a fan guess based on the 1 Year exclusivity printed on RE7 PS4 Cover ?

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
They might coordinate a release with price initiatives of the hardware manufacturers. Make as much of an impact for all parties as they can at this point.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I mean even Fallout 4 VR "only" sold little over 100k on Steam, it's not like VR games are setting the world on fire. Don't know if Capcom will bother.

Deleted member 18521

Oct 27, 2017
I mean even Fallout 4 VR "only" sold little over 100k on Steam, it's not like VR games are setting the world on fire. Don't know if Capcom will bother.
I get it, but vr functionality has already been implemented and they have a pc version already. Even if they sold the same amount as fallout4 which is still going for $60 that would leave $6 million on the table for little work at all.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
I really wanted to play this in VR on my PC. I bought the game a few weeks ago with the expectation that a VR patch might be coming soon. I guess it is not in the short term as it likely would have been announced. I guess I should go on and start playing RE 7 in HD :(.