Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
I mean, Lee looks more like Might Guy than Shikamaru looks like his dad.

So they went, let's give them the same hair, same eyebrows, same limitation. And then afterwards went, let's make Lee look even more like Guy.

Nah, Might Guy was fucking around on the low as young teenager, did something he shouldn't have and like only decided to be a dad a decade later or something, because nah. If they did confirm it we would've been like "no shit", but because they didn't we're collectively playing dumb.

images

86f52-16439640054055-1920.jpg

He has his mother's eyes and nose I suppose.

View: https://youtu.be/E-vu_8bqY2c?si=Dg-y9d2Aduym1-CL

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Lee looked nothing like Gai in the flashbacks. Lee intentionally chose to emulate him with his hairstyle, clothing and fighting style. And Gai can use chakra, Lee can't.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
Guy is not locked to taijutsu he has chakra like most ninja

Lee decided to dress like his sensei because he's inspired by him.

On a semi related note

For the record, we still do not know the mother of metal lee 👀

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I guess you don't play a lot of fighting games. One every 100 or so people is a Bruce Lee clone. That's just how genetics works.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Seemed like he idolized his dad kinda like how some sons do with their dads in real life. Not sure if this would register as an issue to me?

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
If manga/anime characters having the same hair or facial features means they're related that's a big problem for 90% of them

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
They have the same hair and eyebrows. Their facial structures, eyes, and noses are entirely different

The Omega Man

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
People still think Trunks is Vegeta's son, I mean, look at Vegeta, look at Vegeta's dad, look at Vegeta again, all good so far, now look at Trunks again.
Some things are hidden in plain sight.

OP
OP
Derbel McDillet

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Lee looked nothing like Gai in the flashbacks. Lee intentionally chose to emulate him with his hairstyle, clothing and fighting style. And Gai can use chakra, Lee can't.
Lee has Chakra.

I'm aware Lee emulates Guy. That's why I posted his "old design" to show that I'm still applying this argument to his old look.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I'm aware Lee emulates Guy. That's why I posted his "old design" to show that I'm still applying this argument to his old look.
The old look Lee vs Guy is within the margin of error of having two dudes on the same show with the same art style. It's all about that hair and outfit, there is enough difference otherwise.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
hard to get a woman pregnant when he's dating Kakashi.

Also Guy is Kakashi's age. When the third great ninja war happened Kakashi was 14. Now go ahead and Google how long ago the third great ninja war was in Naruto.

OP
OP
Derbel McDillet

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
hard to get a woman pregnant when he's dating Kakashi.

Also Guy is Kakashi's age. When the third great ninja war happened Kakashi was 14. Now go ahead and Google how long ago the third great ninja war was in Naruto.
I know. You guys keep making points I already addressed in the OP. It's not a pretty implication so I didn't want to linger on it, but let's not pretend those things don't happen.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The answer is That Rock Lee modeled his entire personality and style after Guy
So much that he's a carbon copy

Guy also can do jutsus we see him summon a turtle
He just doesn't because he's so good at Taijutsu he doesn't need it