JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Because this year is already beyond morbid parody
www.volcanodiscovery.com

Krakatoa volcano (Indonesia): violent eruption, ash to 47,000 ft altitude

Krakatau (Krakatoa) volcano news & eruption update (Indonesia > Sunda Strait)

krakatau-11apr20-2.jpg

A large magmatic eruption is taking place at the volcano right now. Based on satellite imagery, VAAC Darwin spotted a high-level ash and SO2 plume reaching 47,000 ft (15 km) altitude moving WNW.

A strong thermal hot spot is detected as well. Both the webcam on Anak Krakatau Island and from the coast (in 40 km distance) show strong lava fountaining from the volcano.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
The last great eruption was about a hundred years ago, right? We entered a mini ice age of sorts because of that.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
QsLxlMJ.gif

Looking at info online, I think people are less worried about the volcanic activity and more keeping an eye on potential seismic events.

OP
OP
JonnyDBrit

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
The last great eruption was about a hundred years ago, right? We entered a mini ice age of sorts because of that.

Fortunately not on that scale, as mentioned above it collapsed a good chunk of itself a couple years back. That said, still something to be wary of in the coming days in the archipelago, given said previous case set off a tsunami

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so April's disaster is hellfire bursting forth from the ground. Good to know.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Fortunately not on that scale, as mentioned above it collapsed a good chunk of itself a couple years back. That said, still something to be wary of in the coming days in the archipelago, given said previous case set off a tsunami
Yeah I'm reading more about it. This volcano has a ton of history Of huge explosive eruptions. This one seems to be a more steady one which is better than just erupting with an explosive force.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
when is the next close call with an asteroid? i'm sure a giant piece of it will break off and hit earth next.

kess

Oct 27, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The only people who have the right to be scared is the people around it.

Shit will be fucked if you see a monster come out of it.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
With everyone pretty much home, someone probably forgot to turn off an AI simulation at some research lab somewhere and it probably achieved self awareness at this point.

* I love you, oh great AI overlord, if you're reading this.
I guess we can expect it to happen one day in the Fall when everyone consecutively turns on their PS5 with all of it's flops and X Series with all of it's backward compatibility.