Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
resi_4_39.jpg

resi_4_38.jpg

FVLspX3WIAAdzDA.jpg

FVKshhhaMAA-ZVj.jpg

Did they nail it?

I was pretty fucking happy with RE:2 Leon and seems like they "aged" him into this more experienced, beefy version.

Need to see more but so far i think it's almost perfect.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I like that it looks like he hasn't slept since 1998

robot

Oct 27, 2017
They did a good job aging him up from the RE2 Remake. He's still a bit more of a pretty-boy than I saw him as in the original RE4. That may be fine, but I hope the smarm still comes through as well as the original.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
He looks fine. I'm not thrilled with it but I also recognize that they are going to make a series of bad decisions with this remake anyway, so I don't hold it against them.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yeah,
They did a good job aging him up from the RE2 Remake. He's still a bit more of a pretty-boy than I saw him as in the original RE4. That may be fine, but I hope the smarm still comes through as well as the original.
this right here.

I love everything except for that distinctive boyish charm thing he's got going. It worked in RE2 since he was supposed to be the gun-shy rookie cop thrust into an insane situation but RE4 Leon was always ready to kick ass and chew bubblegum and he wore it on his face. I wish he looked a bit gruffer and mature facially and less prettied up but hey, if that's my biggest complaint, they're doing something right.
Rather have a depressed, ptsd-suffering Leon than a cocky superhero.
So you don't want him to be RE4 Leon?

Oct 27, 2017
His jacket looks weird, his pants look weird. Straight up. Seems like a minor nitpick but his clothes looking so baggy kind of put me off his character design. I have a bomber jacket similar to Leon's and that collar he has is so fucking absurdly large compared to even the most generous styles in reality.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Haven't seen or heard nearly enough to form an opinion and won't jump to conclusions just yet

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
They not only used the prototype remake but seemingly made him more serious, 10/10 best glow up

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah,

this right here.

I love everything except for that distinctive boyish charm thing he's got going. It worked in RE2 since he was supposed to be the gun-shy rookie cop thrust into an insane situation but RE4 Leon was always ready to kick ass and chew bubblegum and he wore it on his face. I wish he looked a bit gruffer and mature facially and less prettied up but hey, if that's my biggest complaint, they're doing something right.

So you don't want him to be RE4 Leon?

Not really. RE4 is a great game, but it was the point in which the protagonists went from being just normal people thrown into extraordinary circumstances into Michael Bay on adderall ubermench. It's a welcomed return for me.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks great! Hopefully he keeps his jacket on longer this time.

Naed1993

Dec 25, 2017
Crossing my fingers that gangster leon and knight ashely are unlockable costumes in the game. Just imagine how good they will look in the RE Engine.

c30d548af7dac0df-600x338.jpg

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leon was always a pretty boy. It's his main defining physical characteristic. He looks great to me, and it makes sense they'd use the REmake 2 model as the base for REmake 4. Anybody that thought they'd do it any differently was fooling themselves.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
His look is absolutely perfect for the more haunting and horror heavy RE4 vision, they did a stellar job

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
That is like, exactly what a post Raccoon City survivor should look like. Man had to deal with zombies, a giant alligator, a tyrant, and the act of falling in love only to get betrayed all in the same night. That'll induce some major PTSD and he appropriately looks incredibly stressed.

Swarming1182

Jan 14, 2018
I think it looks amazing. And as other have said, the fact that he look so… tired, haggard, haunted makes sense after what he lived through in Raccoon City. He look older and wearier. Almost traumatised – which he should be! Also goes without saying a way higher fidelity than before.

I also found his eyes kind of creepy and unsettling in RE4 which I don't know was actually intentional. I'm glad that's been changed.

Also I think they're going for a very different tone and style with the RE4 Remake. The original game is scary at the start, but it's wacky and silly and completely tonally inconsistent. I know a lot of people loved that, and the original is still there for you. But I think they're trying to lean into making RE4R a genuinely scary survival horror game like RE2R and RE3R.

That means Leon needs to be different – he is more experienced after raccoon city, but I don't think he's running from boulders, roundhouse-kicking zombies and firing RPGs at zombie soldiers. I think we're going to get a very different game here – a genuine re-imagining, far more extensively so than we even got with RE2R. I think his design and 'feel' has been changed to reflect that. I think they want Leon to be a much more grounded and human character – not a Michael Bay action hero.

I think that's really interesting too. I mean everyone loves RE4 – and I do too, have since I was like 12 and played it on the Wii. But everyone knows it's both possibly the best game in the series and the point at which the series started to totally fall apart. And Leon being an action hero badass wise-quipping, bizarrely funny 'villains', and all the other stuff were a big part of that. I think the team at Capcom see these remakes as a change to rejuvinate the entire franchise and take it in a new direction. I think RE4R has to be genuinely reimagined for it to make sense today. It wouldn't be enough to just update the graphics and controls/action; but given that the silliness of the original was half the problem going forwards in that series, it makes more sense to update that. Sorry for the ramble.

Last edited:

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
May be the compression, but it's me or RE2make Leon's model looks more detailed?

Daddy JeanPi

Prophet of Truth that's Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
As close as they could get given the new face. I'm happy with how he looks.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
He looks more like Leon than that face they picked for RE2Remake. I will never recognize that dude as Leon.