Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
elderscrolls.bethesda.net

Elder Scrolls | The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition FAQ

We’ve got more details on Skyrim’s upcoming Anniversary Edition.
What is the price of the Skyrim Anniversary Edition and the Anniversary Upgrade?

• The MSRP for the Skyrim Anniversary Edition on digital storefronts will be USD $49.99/EUR €54.99/GBP £47.99/AUD $79.95/RUB 3399 at launch.
  • If you already own Skyrim Special Edition, the MSRP for the Anniversary Upgrade on digital storefronts will be USD $19.99/EUR €19.99/GBP £15.99/AUD $29.95/RUB 1429 at launch.
Prices and availability may differ by region or platform. Check your local retailer for your local price.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is just the Special Edition with a few mods and Creation Club stuff, right? If so, Todd can't keep getting away with it.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
It's not explicitly explained, but it'd be nice if there was an upgrade path for the Game Pass version of the game as well.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Perfect - I grabbed the PS4 special edition for £10 a few weeks ago so I am in for the upgrade.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's strange that the mods are not on the disc and have to be redeemed with internet access. Some people certainly won't like that

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't understand what the Anniversary Upgrade includes, outside of whatever will be included in the free update.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
This is just the Special Edition with a few mods and Creation Club stuff, right? If so, Todd can't keep getting away with it.

It has some new content too; new 2-quest line + side quests and weapons/armor/goods.

Kahjiit stuff!

That content is being released free though as well; they claim it's the largest creation club expansion.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
So will they be charging for this if you have game pass too? If so then good luck trying to get those sales.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
It should work fine. It's very normal to buy DLCs for games you only have access to through game pass.
DLC's yes, but this isn't really being marketed as strictly 'DLC', so there may be some exclusions in place - like technically the Game Pass version of Skyrim isn't "owned" and instead is just subscription based, or etc.

I hope I can just upgrade from the Game Pass version though, seeing as it will never leave the service as its a 1st party game.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
If it's a paid upgrade, does that mean my pc version with SKSE and mods is safe from getting ruined by an update?

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
DLC's yes, but this isn't really being marketed as strictly 'DLC', so there may be some exclusions in place - like technically the Game Pass version of Skyrim isn't "owned" and instead is just subscription based, or etc.

I hope I can just upgrade from the Game Pass version though, seeing as it will never leave the service as its a 1st party game.
World War Z allowed me to upgrade to Aftermath even though I only have the game through Gamepass.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I really don't understand what the Anniversary Upgrade includes, outside of whatever will be included in the free update.
70 additional creation club mods (on top of the 4 given as freebies)

This list is not complete because all the new ones haven't been revealed:

It is a lot of stuff, and an easy way to add a bunch of mods without fooling with load orders etc (especially on console). Plus achievements stay enabled. Though I feel kinda bad for anyone who paid the ~$120 to get all of the existing ones before this happened.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

The Game Pass version is just the normal SE version of the game, the same as the one you can buy. If there's a DLC upgrade (which there is) you'll be able to buy it for your Game Pass version just fine.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
So will they be charging for this if you have game pass too? If so then good luck trying to get those sales.
Gamepass normally doesn't give you games' DLC, and this is basically a DLC.

Didn't they say the Anniversary Edition would be free for existing owners? At least on PC.
There are some things they're giving for free to existing owners: a new questline, survival mode, fishing. This Anniversary upgrade is in addition to that and gives you all Creation Club content for $20.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
70 additional creation club mods (on top of the 4 given as freebies)

This list is not complete because all the new ones haven't been revealed:

It is a lot of stuff, and an easy way to add a bunch of mods without fooling with load orders etc (especially on console). Plus achievements stay enabled. Though I feel kinda bad for anyone who paid the ~$120 to get all of the existing ones before this happened.
I had no idea that they actually implemented paid mods for Skyrim! When did that happen?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
£15.99 seems super reasonable here, especially considering the prices of the content individually.

That's 70 creation club items and some of them go for £5.99 each.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
It has some new content too; new 2-quest line + side quests and weapons/armor/goods.

Kahjiit stuff!

That content is being released free though as well; they claim it's the largest creation club expansion.
Are those two new questlines made internally at Beth or are you talking about more mods?

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I had no idea that they actually implemented paid mods for Skyrim! When did that happen?
Yeeeaaaars ago. It was to try and solve Sony's stance on heavily restricted mod access (no new assets in particular) while also providing popular modders within the community an opportunity to be paid by Bethesda for freelance work, essentially. Content was produced for both Skyrim SE and Fallout 4.

Reception has been incredibly mixed. Most people agree it's great for mod authors to have paid work opportunities, but a lot of the content produced (famous weapons and armour from previous TES/Fallout games for example) already existed as free mods on sites like the Nexus, so the value proposition wasn't always there for a lot of people. And in those cases PS4 users felt kinda shafted when their only option for that content was the paid version. But there were also a lot of large-scale mods created that most people felt were well worth the cost, and went above and beyond what most free mods offered.

It was a fun experiment, and it's certainly good to see all that content being bundled together in the Anniversary Edition for a significantly lower price than you'd normally pay for buying them all individually. You can always choose which to enable and disable too, in case there's some content you just aren't interested in having active in your game.

Is Creation Club content curated, tested, and integrated altogether? Or are they just selling the game with a bunch of pre-installed mods that can break the game if you enable them all?
All curated and compatible. That was one of the main selling points.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
£16 to upgrade is actually pretty reasonable considering all the extra CC stuff, especially if you've never purchased any of it before.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
No new achievement list for SeriesXbox? Damn. Expected seeing how all the other upgrades have worked, but still disappointed.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Do we get the PS5 upgrade for free without the new content?

I'm not paying 20 bucks for a 60fps boost.
imagine if you had clicked on the link

Is Skyrim getting a next-gen upgrade?

Yes! Owners of Skyrim Special Edition or the Anniversary Edition on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will receive a next-generation upgrade for the game. The upgrade will be free and optimize the game with enhanced graphics, faster loading times and more."

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Do we get the PS5 upgrade for free without the new content?

I'm not paying 20 bucks for a 60fps boost.

imagine if you had clicked on the link

Is Skyrim getting a next-gen upgrade?

Yes! Owners of Skyrim Special Edition or the Anniversary Edition on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will receive a next-generation upgrade for the game. The upgrade will be free and optimize the game with enhanced graphics, faster loading times and more."
On top of that, it already can run 60fps on PS5 with mods (that don't disable trophies).

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The full package is pretty steep. But the upgrade is what I was expecting.