Skeletor or Lord Zedd.

• Skeletor

Votes: 223 69.3%
  • Lord Zedd

Votes: 99 30.7%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So both Skeletor and Lord Zedd are villains from Saturday morning shows who are evil overlords that command an empire to try to take over and opposed by heroes who hide their identities. They also really emphasized how fit both of them were as being villains for well Saturday Morning shows. So of the two who do you prefer?

Skeletor:

latest

Lord Zedd:

latest

Mister Ursine

Sep 10, 2023
Zedd has a shockingly gruesome design for a kid show villain. Exposed muscle and brain? Damn. I guess anything went in the 90s. The Cryptkeeper had a Saturday morning hidden temple style game show

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Zedd as a kid and have never watched an episode of He-man. Even I know the answer is Skeletor.

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
I'd say Skeletor. Part of Zedd's issue is he also has to contend with the likes of Rita in his own show - like she's the Power Ranger villain for me over him.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Skeletor is one of the greatest villains of all time, Zedd wasn't even the best MMPR villain.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Skeletor has that Dr. Doom quality, in that hes such a versatile character. He can be silly, operatic, threatening, even tragic.

I always did love Zedd's design, even though Power Rangers was slightly after my time, but it's gotta be Mr. Skelly-Face.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
So both Skeletor and Lord Zedd are villains from Saturday morning shows

No they weren't.

Masters of the Universe (1983) was pitched to ABC as a saturday morning show but ABC turned it down. It was then turned into a first run syndicated television, where it (predictably) blew up as the most popular thing since sliced bread.

Lord Zedd was introduced in the second season of MMPR, and that wasn't Saturday Morning either. MMPR was conceived as one of the cornerstone launch titles for the Fox Kids network block, which ran 5 days a week. Season 1 had a 40 episode order that got expanded to about 60 when the show blew up unexpectedly with season 2 being slightly shorter. Eventually I think Fox ended up running some reruns on Saturdays but this wasn't where most of the show was aired.

Saturday morning was honestly bigger as a 70s thing. You'd be surprised how few of the iconic 80s/90s shows were actually saturday morning- some of them eventually made their way there (TMNT and Real Ghostbusters being the two most notable examples of this) but your typical saturday morning show only produced about 13 episodes per season and a lot of them were EXTREMELY obscure stuff no one remembers anymore.

edit: The answer is obviously Skeletor here though, come on. This is like asking who was the bigger villain, Megatron or Dick Dastardly

Skeletor was before my time.

I assure you he is not

Skeletor has that Dr. Doom quality, in that hes such a versatile character. He can be silly, operatic, threatening, even tragic.

I always did love Zedd's design, even though Power Rangers was slightly after my time, but it's gotta be Mr. Skelly-Face.

Exactly. The design is incredibly iconic and even though Mattel keeps resurrecting Skeletor every few years, each one manages to be significantly different than the others.

Fun fact: there is a guy around here that hosts a karaoke night in full skeletor costume- ram's head staff, skull mask, does a completely show accurate voice, the entire thing. And yes, he will sing in that voice. He's been doing that act for FIFTEEN YEARS STRAIGHT. I have pictures of him somewhere but can't be bothered to dig them up

edit: if your karaoke skills are poor he will hit a big Gong, mock you and throw you off the stage

Last edited:

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Picture Skeletor's voice.

Okay, now picture Lord Zedd's voice.

I can hear them both without much of an issue, but Skeletor is a lot more recognizable. Whoever does the "Skullmageddon" parody of him in the Double Dragon/River City Girls series is fucking SPOT ON with that though

Wait is this legit? I always thought it was a photoshop meme lmao

MOTU '83 is completely insane. In one episode Skeletor will be trying to murder everyone with hell beasts and the next one he will be plotting to steal all the books from the children's library so they never learn to read

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MOTU '83 is completely insane. In one episode Skeletor will be trying to murder everyone with hell beasts and the next one he will be plotting to steal all the books from the children's library so they never learn to read

The children say reading is the path to knowledge! While the Council of Elders believed knowledge is power...so by liberating that ludicrous library of its blighted books, all that power shall be mine! Along with all of Eternia!

Nya ha ha ha ha ha!

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Power Rangers weren't a thing when I was watching He-Man on Saturday mornings, so... there's your answer.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Skeletor a million times over as someone who was much more invested in Power Rangers and barely knew about He-Man when I was the relevant age.

He has a compelling dickhead personality and Zedd is goofy looking but pretty stock in villain attitude.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I respect Lord Zedd for being some of the earliest Jewish representation in a henshin hero series.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love Lord Zedd, he is one of my favorite MMPR villains but the answer is Skeletor.

Siri

Nov 7, 2017
I grew up watching Power Rangers and know full well who Zedd is. I barely watched He-Man as it rarely appeared on TV.

It's still Skeletor, and by a massive margin. As mentioned, Zedd wasn't even the main villain of the TV show he was in. Skeletor's cultural appeal has lasted through entire decades due to his goofy voice being riffed on.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I don't think I've ever seen Power Rangers. Does that mean I'm old? I watched He-Man and had He-Man toys, including Skeletor and his purple panther.

The panther was covered in felt, unlike Battle Cat who was bare plastic. Unfortunately the felt wasn't hard wearing, and it began to flake off after years of fighting with Battle Cat.

My sister had the toys after me, and the panther lived peacefully in a hospital for cats with skin diseases, staffed by Keypers. They also cared for Boba Fett, who I'd made cooler with a saw and some red Airfix paint.

So yeah I'll vote for Skeletor just cause I don't know the other guy.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Dear panel, I submit to you for your consideration... Doctor Claw.

giphy.gif

(From Inspector Gadget)

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Zedd has a better design, but I wouldn't even know who he was without images from the internet. Of course I know who The Power Rangers are, but beyond that? 🤷‍♂️

I grew up in the '70s and '80s.

edit: Now that I think about it, Zedd kind of looks like if Shredder lost all of his skin.

Neither of these shows were Saturday morning.

They were always after school

bcplundiscovered.org

Saturday Morning Cartoon Rewatch – He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Do you remember waaaaaay back when having a day off meant Saturday, and Saturday meant waking up at the crack of dawn to plop yourself in front of the television set with a bowl of sugar based cere…

It's either a severe case of the Mandela Effect, or get this...different regions show different shows at different times.
Also, G.I. Joe used to be on every week day, and it also used to air on Saturdays.

I watched He-Man and had He-Man toys, including Skeletor and his purple panther.

The panther was covered in felt,
unlike Battle Cat who was bare plastic. Unfortunately the felt wasn't hard wearing, and it began to flake off after years of fighting with Battle Cat.

There are two of us!

Last edited:

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
Where I lived: The premiere/pilot of MMPR was aired on a Saturday morning, I remember. The series then was played weekdays at 7AM until switching to weekday afternoons sometime before Tommy became the White Ranger.
It was always on at like 3:00 / 3:30 in NY
I definitely don't remember Saturday morning cartoons being a thing outside of the 80's

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
Skeletor all day.

Neither are Saturday morning villains for me. He-man came on in the evening on cartoon express at 7:30pm after Gem. Power rangers was at 3 or 3:30.

OldM

Oct 14, 2023
I like impressions of Skeletor more than I like actual Skeletor. Zedd on the other hand, nice theme song, the other villains were afraid if him when he showed up and he kicked Rita out of her moon castle. Little bit vain with his putties having a huge ass Z target on them, but whatever. Plus he had Serpentera.

The answer is Hordak.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Zedd has a better design, but I wouldn't even know who he was without images from the internet. Of course I know who The Power Rangers are, but beyond that? 🤷‍♂️

I grew up in the '70s and '80s.

edit: Now that I think about it, Zedd kind of looks like if Shredder lost all of his skin.

bcplundiscovered.org

Saturday Morning Cartoon Rewatch – He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Do you remember waaaaaay back when having a day off meant Saturday, and Saturday meant waking up at the crack of dawn to plop yourself in front of the television set with a bowl of sugar based cere…

It's either a severe case of the Mandela Effect, or get this...different regions show different shows at different times.
Also, G.I. Joe used to be on every week day, and it also used to air on Saturdays.

There are two of us!
Three of us.

Also I will say this as someone who grew up on He-Man and watch Power Rangers as well.

The only time skeletor came even remotely close to winning was the He-Man movie.

Lord Zedd actually did have successes and victories against the Power Rangers.

So Zedd wins.

Dec 30, 2020
Skeletor has the moves.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.