• Yah

Votes: 85 24.1%
  • Nah

Votes: 266 75.6%

• Total voters

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Did Microsoft miss a marketing opportunity to subliminally nudge the general public into thinking that their latest generation of consoles was greater than Sony's?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've been reading it as Series S|X this entire time. Going back and looking at titles I'm now realizing it was always Series X|S.

wow-keanu-reeves.gif

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox 360-2

I hoped for "Xbox Ten" myself. Sort of a progression from Xbox One, synergy with Windows 10 (at the time) and a short and simple name.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Series X is the flagship so will always be first.

But look at this way Series Excess, they went too far!

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
They should make a middle one, like an X without a disc drive and a smaller form factor. Call it the E or something. Then we can have the Xbox Series XES which is, of course, hilarious because everyone knows XES backwards is Arbok.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
But X|S read EXCESS as in it exceeds whatever number the playstation has next to it.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No they should have done it because it looks like "sex" and you know what they say, sex sells

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
I had noticed the musk-esque SeX thing, but had not considered the SiX possibility.
Makes sense for the great minds behind 3(60) vs (PS)2, the x-bone-r, and the XBox SAD.

I mean, as a programmer (of and on spectrum), I both find naming hard, and sex puns funny, but I also am not responsible for a 2 trillion dollar globe spanning corporation.

Capt Sensib1e

Banned
Jun 4, 2022
You have the kernel of a good a idea. Next XBox should just be called XBox 7 to steal a march on Playstation 6.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
They should have just called it something better than "Series" to begin with. They really went off the rails with their naming conventions starting with Xbox One.

They could have just called them Xbox 4S and Xbox 5, and then they'd never have to worry about the whole name comparison with Playstation again. And people familiar with iPhones would be able to recognize the half-step nature of the 4S moniker.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
"Ess Ex" rolls off the tongue better. But Microsoft clearly don't want to lead with S or position it higher than the X this gen.

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I would've just gone with Xbox 5, counted One X as 4, and been done with it. But series X/S has grown on me so long as next gen it is series X/S 2. I think they can do that, Samsung and Apple aren't on the same number and that seems to work fine branding wise for both

Bengraven