Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This isn't a hot take, this is a reasonable reaction and policy to put forward correct?

I think maybe going so far as anything related to Trump might be pushing it (I know a dude who wears a Trump golf jacket because it's simply comfortable and "lucky" to him) since there can be plausible deniability, but, you know, seems reasonable after what happened.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Yes they should be banned in the same way KLAN hoods are and Mongel vests are.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Part of me is glad that they take all doubt out of them being assholes before they open their mouths. I feel the same about the Confederate flag bastards too.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Ban all hate merch like MAGA hats and that fucking Confederate flag

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I wish

but they didn't ban the old confederate flag, so why would they ban the new one.

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's a mongrel vest?

I get googling that stuff about the character from Day's Gone By?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, and Marvel should similarly target anyone pumping out Punisher logo merchandise without official authorization since a lot of MAGA stuff is co-branded with Punisher skulls.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
They should be treated the same way a klan hood or a swastika would be treated

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
any private business should be free to ban them if they see fit

just as they are with klan hoods and swastikas

but they would never be banned by the government, the first amendment is too powerful

everyone's favorite the aclu spent years making sure the klan could march under the first amendment

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Theyre allowed to express their hate speech and I'm allowed to express to them to get the fuck out.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
I'd like to know which opposite way to walk and road to cross and store to gtfo asap

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
no, but we should be treating these people like the slime they are and not look the other way or grumble under our breath.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Socially, sure. I'd love to hear that Walmart and Target banned it.

But I also know that once you do it these fucks will just go put their trucks in front of Walmart blasting music they don't understand the lyrics to and crying freedom.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
No, you wouldn't be able to enforce it. Besides it makes it easy to identify who the idiots are. I also think we'll see less and less of them as time goes on.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather not ban it which just fuels their persecution narrative. (Never mind that it sounds very unconstitutional)

What's better is A.) Them branding themselves for my easy identification and B.) Trying to wear it and getting kicked out of businesses. Why squander all of that potential public shaming?

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, in terms of the law, no. But in terms of public treatment and businesses, absolutely. You should be able to take an uneventful stroll to a Starbucks wearing a hate symbol.

Oct 27, 2017
The question is silly because in America, we aren't going to be banning anything like that in a public place anytime soon. Should private businesses put up signs prohibiting those hats, and enforcing those policies? Absolutely...and it might be a savvy business move. Should you mock the deplorables you'll see wearing them down the line? Absolutely. But a legal penalty? No better way to keep the mythos of Trump alive forever (and violate the constitution, which goes back to why it won't happen and why it's a hypocritical wish)

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Those MAGA fucks carried the Confederate flag into the capital. They should be synonymous with klan and white supremacists. I hope they get classified as such by the SPLC and FBI

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I don't think they can formally be banned, as others have said. But again, as a society, we can't tolerate or accept symbols that so clearly stand for hate. How we counteract someone's desire to wear or display a symbol of hate is a separate discussion altogether.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I don't think they should be banned. They're nature's "this guy's a huge fucking idiot" warning system.

That said, I do think the law should be changed so that you're allowed to slug anyone wearing a MAGA hat with no penalty.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TBH, I cringe whenever I see a red hat at all. One of the more venial things that have been ruined for me by the Trump Presidency.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
It's the new mainstream version of confederate flag, so It probably won't be banned, but at least I can identify these dickheads from a safe distance.

Last edited:

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
They should be treated no different than a swastika, confederate flag, or klan hood if they're not already.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
they should be classified as a threat so you can punch them in self defense

Presice

Mar 1, 2018
If you're genuinely asking, then absolutely not. If you're asking facetiousy, then yes.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Pretty much banned where I am now. Not officially, but if you walk around with one you may as well be carrying that full-body sign John McClane wore in Die Hard With A Vengeance.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
They should be taken in for questioning because a suspicious fella wearing a MAGA hat is wanted for potential domestic terrorism.
Even if this line of questioning is nonsense, inconveniencing these assholes for a few hours would make me happy.