Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
previews have been out for a few hours, didn't see a thread

themakoreactor.com

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster PC Port Impressions - Graphics Settings, Frame Rate, Control Options, and More • The Mako Reactor

We played Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster on PC via Steam and here's what you need to know about the Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster PC frame rate, control options, graphics, and more.

www.rpgfan.com

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster Preview | RPGFan

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne has a chance to both revitalize interest and bring in new fans to the series before the release of Shin Megami Tensei V.

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Preview: The Same Game, For Better And Worse

This PS2 classic returns, but not much has changed.

gamerant.com

Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne HD Remaster Preview: A Familiar Conception of Demons

The Demi Fiend and the Conception return after over a decade, in a very familiar experience with Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne's HD Remaster.

screenrant.com

Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne HD Preview

SMT 3 Nocturne HD preserves the good and bad.

www.polygon.com

Shin Megami Tensei 3 HD Remaster looks after both new and veteran players

18 years ago, Atlus released Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne, a post-apocalyptic role-playing game that many still call one of the best of all time. Atlus has an HD remake of the cult classic coming to PC, PS4, and Switch on May 25, 2021, and it adds some much-needed quality-of-life updates to...

www.imore.com

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster preview for Nintendo Switch: New graphics, old gameplay

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster releases on Nintendo Switch on May 25. We got an early look at the new visuals and other updates.

wccftech.com

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster Preview - Featuring Demi-fiend from the SMT Series

We recently got to hang out with the Demi-Fiend for the first time in two decades and preview the upcoming SMT3 HD Remaster.

www.pcinvasion.com

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster preview - Hee-ho!

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster is a lot of words, especially for a preview. There isn't any room left to say anything else.

www.gamereactor.eu

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster - First Look

With the re-release of SMT3, Atlus wants us to relive better times. But to do that the future must end first.

attackofthefanboy.com

Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne HD Remaster Preview - A Cult Classic Revived | Attack of the Fanboy

Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne HD is a fairly barebones remaster of the PS2 classic, but the core RPG gameplay still holds up today.

www.siliconera.com

Preview: SMT III Nocturne HD Remaster Feels Like an Accessible Reintroduction

With the additional platforms and extra options when you start an adventure it can feel like SMT III Nocturne HD Remaster is more accessible.

nintendowire.com

Preview - Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster

Though Atlus’ announcement of Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster came alongside a brief look at Shin Megami Tensei V, this re-release had me just as

Last edited:

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I really loved Nocturne, replaying it with being able to pick what skills demons inherit is just a bonus.

Oct 25, 2017
When the game was released in Japan, people said there were a lot of issues with the ports. Have those been smoothed out? Or are they still in the NA releases?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When the game was released in Japan, people said there were a lot of issues with the ports. Have those been smoothed out? Or are they still in the NA releases?

I think the performance has been buffed and there was a patch for Fusion Inheritance where you can now manually select skills to pass on instead of relying on a dice roll. The music's always going to be this quality though since the high quality tracks aren't avaiable.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who's never played a SMT or proper Persona game, is this a good starting point?

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any word of this running at 4k on a PS4 Pro/PS5? Switch resolution? I had trouble finding info about that stuff.

Bigmac

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Loved this game as a kid, but playing it recently made me realize I no longer have the patience or time for frequent random battles and huge difficulty spikes. Still, excellent and totally unique RPG and I love Kazuma Kaneko's art style!

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really exited for this game. I could never beat Matador. Let's see if am I able this time with the Merciful difficulty.

I was considering to get the Switch version and it seems to be working fine, not like the P5S port that had horrible loading times and made me get the PS4 version.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm still really excited for the remaster, but not as much as i was when it was announced. the price seems a bit steep for what it is, so i'm gonna wait for a sale (which hopefully shouldn't take that long).

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
Finished SMT IV a few weeks ago and it was a complete (if brutal) blast. Pre-ordered this straight after finishing it - can't wait!

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any info if Dante is voiced and if he is, if it's by his capcom dipshit Qanon ass VA or someone else?

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished SMT IV a few weeks ago and it was a complete (if brutal) blast. Pre-ordered this straight after finishing it - can't wait!

Oh you are going to have a blast. I think IV Apocalypse has the best gameplay in the series, but easily Nocturne is the second one, and it's the first Megaten with Press Turn! Atlus fucking nailed with just entry and that's why Nocturne is very special for many of us.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See the benefit to Dante being DLC is that you can buy Nocturne and not have Reuben Langdon in it.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
We do have a couple English VO confirmations too

(voiced Ignatz in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and also directed 13 Sentinels which is a very good sign)

(Kasumi in Persona 5 Royal, Takamiya in 13 Sentinels, Primrose in Octopath)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotou is being voiced by Ray Chase so I don't know if that was the same VA as Soul hackers (didn't play that one unfortunately. )

According to megamitenseiwiki he (and his AU counterpart Goto) were voiced by Patrick Seitz.

Raidou and his counterpart Raido did actually have voice acting in their boss battle, where they were voiced by Matthew Mercer.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Ray Chase is also the subway announcer, reprising his role from Persona 5 Royal

Deep Lore

I don't get Capcom's obsession with him. Does he have some kind of blackmail situation with someone at Capcom? He doesn't even have a unique or interesting voice.

He is heavily intertwined with (and I believe partially owns) a motion capture studio that a lot of Japanese game devs and movie studios utilize. If they recast him they'd still have to work with him, sorta thing.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get Capcom's obsession with him. Does he have some kind of blackmail situation with someone at Capcom? He doesn't even have a unique or interesting voice.

I guess he didn't do anything "too bad" for Capcom and they don't care, sadly. Also, he owns one of the most used Motion Capture studios in the industry, that probably "helps" too.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
We do have a couple English VO confirmations too

(voiced Ignatz in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and also directed 13 Sentinels which is a very good sign)

This is just like grunts and stuff right? He's a silent protagonist in the original game and the "...and I was given life" line is actually from a commercial.

It's gonna be weird with him having a different voice. 🤔

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

He's a co-founder of this company:

www.mobygames.com

Just Cause Productions, Inc. - MobyGames

Just Cause Productions is a full-service Stereoscopic 3D multimedia production company. It was founded in 2002 and was incorporated in 2005. It was registered in Los Angeles, the United States in 2001 and in Tokyo, Japan in 2002. Just Cause Productions...

Just Cause Productions is a full-service Stereoscopic 3D multimedia production company. It was founded in 2002 and was incorporated in 2005. It was registered in Los Angeles, the United States in 2001 and in Tokyo, Japan in 2002. Just Cause Productions was established by Takuya Shibata and Reuben Langdon. The company provides various multimedia services to video game projects.

So they undoubtedly have a contract signed up, probably long term and locked in tight. It's been a long business venture as you can see.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Ray Chase is also the subway announcer, reprising his role from Persona 5 Royal

Deep Lore

He is heavily intertwined with (and I believe partially owns) a motion capture studio that a lot of Japanese game devs and movie studios utilize. If they recast him they'd still have to work with him, sorta thing.

I guess he didn't do anything "too bad" for Capcom and they don't care, sadly. Also, he owns one of the most used Motion Capture studios in the industry, that probably "helps" too.
He's a co-founder of this company:

So they undoubtedly have a contract signed up, probably long term and locked in tight.

I mean sure, but is it the ONLY motion capture studio in the entire country of Japan? Or does he just cut him a sweet deal? I remember on the very short lived Capcom podcast (not Capcom Unity but a different one which seems to have been deleted off the face of the earth) they once interviewed him (I think before his shitty views were widely known; at least before I knew) and they were just totally enthralled by his backstory like he was the coolest guy ever.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I mean sure, but is it the ONLY motion capture studio in the entire country of Japan? Or does he just cut him a sweet deal? I remember on the very short lived Capcom podcast (not Capcom Unity but a different one which seems to have been deleted off the face of the earth) they once interviewed him (I think before his shitty views were widely known; at least before I knew) and they were just totally enthralled by his backstory like he was the coolest guy ever.
Not the only one, but it's one of the most prolific (especially in Japan). Though I'm pretty sure Capcom built their own studio not too long ago.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

My guess is since they use his company for support staffing and motion capture that he's entrenched deep with the executives at Capcom. We both know this isn't something exclusive to game companies either and Capcom have been using his studio for a lot of their game projects. They can recast him but he will still be getting a shedload of money for them contracting his staff in. They could write him off and cancel any extension to said contract though, no doubt. Who knows, it's all just theory. The guy is complete dirt though, I very much agree.