• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is better than Shenmue 3 announcement.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
What are these games about?

What do you do?

What is the game play like?
I (attempt to) describe them as:

Part adventure/detective game, part (virtua) fighter, part beat 'em up, part QTEs, part walking simulator, part virtual tourism. With minigames. The story is good.

1's pacing makes it harder to get into, but worth it if you do. 2 is an unqualified masterpiece.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For once a Sega (Japan!) tease overkills on the delivery. I was expecting a new Shining Tony Taka announcement, and today I get the Shenmue 1/2 HD, a new Sakura Taisen, and M2 classics on Switch.

They should do this more often.

Facubsf

Apr 4, 2018
User Warned: Port begging.
Someone just explain to me why there is no switch version. I'm really pissed off about that.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I just found out about this! YES! I've always wanted to try these games out and now I'll finally get the chance!

BobHarris

Dec 20, 2017
Day 0.

Can't believe it's happening at last.

Modern controls will be a relied. No more analog + d-pad shenanigans for looking around.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is great BTW. I played 1 on release day, one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life as I played through the holidays, and it was Christmas in-game. I had 2 but didn't finish it. I'm all over this for PS4 or PC, no question.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Totally using the Japanese voice track with English subs. Since I don't speak Japanese it'll sound great!

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shenmue II is way, way better than Shenmue I.

Shenmue II's story is honestly gripping. What helps a ton is the unique setting -- how many kung fu, martial arts epics in gaming can you name that take place through a hyper accurate depiction of 1980's china.

The pay off in shenmue II, the fight on top of the building while lan di watches, is fucking awesome. That look of concern he gives when he realizes Ryo isn't someone to be toyed with anymore is so badass.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes!

I'm so happy it's finally happening. Really looking forward to playing these classic games again.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
It's nice it's coming to XB1 but it just makes the Shenmue 3 exclusiveness even more stupid. I can't support decisions like that so won't be buying this.

My feelings aside I think with modern controls and a lick of paint the game will hold up great.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Fuuuuuck I'm so happy. I had given up hope !

I do wonder how they're going to handle all of the licensing issues, though.

Still, this is truly the gen of dreams. Can't believe I'm going to get to play ALL THREE SHENMUE GAMES within a year.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean Shenue 3 is coming out for XB1 and PC as well?

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
But it's also not coming to the XB1.

giphy.gif

Honestly, all we know is that it isn't announced for the xb1. Today's news could be a hint that it is coming. I guess we will see. Or if the xb1 version sells well, could lead to a port. Of course if it sells poorly....

Wheatly

Nov 18, 2017
Yooooooo, grinning so hard.

I do agree that these games may not fit most modern gamer's taste. However, if even a small fraction of the current gaming community (which can still in the hundred of thousands of people) connects with this game as much as many of us did > a decade ago, then I think that would still be a great success.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Idk why you guys are thinking this has anything to do with 3's platforms. SEGA is maximizing their profit here. They aren't even involved with 3.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really very curious about these games. They seem to have this insane legacy and cult status that causes people to lose their shit.

I have absolutely no idea what Shenmue is, and have never been exposed to the IP in all my years as a gamer. It's something you hear talked about in this deified way, whispered in every corner of the community, but you're like Neo in that you're on the outs and still desperately trying to figure it out.

"It's the question, Neo."

"What is The Shenmue?"

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy that this is getting ported. Wanted to go through the games again but playing them on my old failing DC wasn't a fun experience.

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
Good work Sega. You've taken bloody long enough, but well done. Nice to see it getting a physical release too.

Can't wait to see those Dreamcast textures and models again.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best story in gaming, cant wait to get revenge on Lan Di in 3. The gameplay will feel real old now, Yakuza has taken the same approach and streamlined it, but the story is so engaging I think people will enjoy it even if the systems are outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.