Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
ew.com

Zachary Levi urges audience to avoid 'garbage' produced by Hollywood

Zachary Levi, star of 'Shazam 2,' slams the 'garbage' coming out of Hollywood: 'We have to actively not choose the garbage.'

It's one thing for critics or the audience to call out Hollywood for making questionable fare. It's another for stars of said questionable fare to join in.

But Zachary Levi's got a bone to pick with what he called Hollywood "garbage" at Chicago Fan Expo on Saturday. The star of one of the year's biggest flops urged attendees to "actively not choose" crap movies, apparently oblivious to the fact that many of them decided to do just that when faced with Shazam! Fury of the Gods.

"I personally feel like the amount of content that comes out of Hollywood that is garbage — they don't care enough to actually make it great for you guys. They don't," Levi said to enthusiastic applause.

"How many times do you watch a trailer and go, 'Oh my god, this looks so cool!' Then you go to the movie and it's like, 'This was what I get?'" Levi continued. "They know that once you've already bought the ticket and you're in the seat, they've got your money. And the only way for us to change any of it is to not go to the garbage. We have to actively not choose the garbage. It'll help. It'll help a lot."

My guy.....my guy.

Honestly I think audiences have been very picky with their wallets lately.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
"They know that once you've already bought the ticket and you're in the seat, they've got your money. And the only way for us to change any of it is to not go to the garbage. We have to actively not choose the garbage. It'll help. It'll help a lot."

yea, that's why I didn't go for Shazam 2

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Captain Marvel was at least interesting, dude's not exactly one to talk

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody in his friend circle needs to tell him to just stop talking.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, what does this have to do with Captain Marvel? The article in the link doesn't mention that film

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
You know i normally just read the thread title before writing a response, but i decided to actually skim the article, and i think the most depressing bit in all this is that writing articles like this is someone's life.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, what does this have to do with Captain Marvel? The article in the link doesn't mention that film
Shazam's original name was Captain Marvel until Marvel caught them slipping and took the copy right. So it is a play off SPiderman pointing at Spdierman

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Shazam used to go by Captain Marvel, Slayven is making a Spider-Man pointing meme joke about how Levi is talking shit when he himself was just in a "garbage" movie

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
He's always saying weird stuff.

Not even the trailer for Shazam 2 looked cool, then the actual movie squandered everything I liked about the first.

Have there been any truly awful movies significantly outperforming expectations in recent times? I feel like audiences are already picking and choosing what they want to pay to see.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
The sad thing is that David F. Sandberg is good people, and I hate that his latest legacy is a crap sequel.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I would also take any chance I get to call him Captain Marvel as well. Glad the DCAU got to refer to him as such at least. As for Levi, lol, lmao even.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I completely forgot a Shazam 2 came out. I don't even recall if I ever saw a trailer.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
well yes bad movies are kind of a constant. sometimes they do well and sometimes they do very very badly.

anyway i didn't see shazam 2 sorry zach

Stencil

Mailing Out Their Business
Oct 30, 2017
USA
I mean, is the critique of that statement not an example of this? Granted, it's not like he has to be a movie star, just the first thing that came to mind
342.png

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Levi, I did my part by not watching your garbage movie called Shazam. Will never watch any other garbage movie you may appear in the future.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, is the critique of that statement not an example of this? Granted, it's not like he has to be a movie star, just the first thing that came to mind
342.png
I mean he was one of the worst things in the movie. The kid actor was amazing, but you would never known when Levy was on screen they were suppose to be the same character.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
"Is this hole deep enough? No? We must go deeper!"
Actually liked Chuck and got to meet him at Nerd HQ which was awesome when it was around. ugh, but didn't know he was like this.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I mean he was one of the worst things in the movie. The kid actor was amazing, but you would never known when Levy was on screen they were suppose to be the same character.
That's fine, I didn't see that movie, but he's still making a good point?

It's like the head shit maker at the shit making factory saying loudly "Do not buy the shit we make" ?

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Dude wtf....
Is he really this petty?
Seriously career suiciding over here...

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
That's fine, I didn't see that movie, but he's still making a good point?

It's like the head shit maker at the shit making factory saying loudly "Do not buy the shit we make" ?
Nah, he tried to blame the Rock for why the movie was bad. So it was more like head shit maker blaming the chief piss brewer for Shit production not being what it was

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

It was part him and part the writing. I audibly groaned when Holding Out For A Hero was playing on the woman's car radio, and then he flat out called attention to it. Like, my guy, you didn't get the laugh so don't try to explain it.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Dude wants to get canceled so bad so he can be Kevin sorbo 2.0 and Star in gods still not dead 45 or whatever. Gotta blame the left for his career tanking but not his shit acting.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
It was part him and part the writing. I audibly groaned when Holding Out For A Hero was playing on the woman's car radio, and then he flat out called attention to it. Like, my guy, you didn't get the laugh so don't try to explain it.
I did laugh at "Taste the rainbow", am I part of the problem?

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Nah, he tried to blame the Rock for why the movie was bad. So it was more like head shit maker blaming the chief piss brewer for Shit production not being what it was
Right, but what I'm getting at is the fact that even if the blame got shifted all the way down to the fecal mopping floor of the shit factory, I still think he's ultimately making a good point. About not paying for garbage, not who he's calling garbage.