• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Kuon posts are extremely well backed up honestly. I really didn't have strong feelings either way (though I was sure it was NOT Bloodborne 2, nor do I want it to be), but I'm pretty convinced it's Kuon related, at least insofar as being a spiritual successor.

I also don't think it's a Sony exclusive. They're usually pretty upfront about their involvement (except in the case of the Crash trilogy) so I would have expected to see Japan Studio or some other Sony subsidiary listed somewhere in the teaser. From has an increasingly good track record of PC releases, I don't see why they'd miss releasing there unless it was literally a matter of the game not getting made otherwise. Which is what seemed to be the case with Demon's Souls and Bloodborne.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was a 10 second teaser. To infer that it's not exclusive because it had no logos from Sony is not something you should bank on. As it had no logos from any publisher.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
If t isn't bloodborne 2 it's going to be the most disappointing announcement in video game history. When your last four most hyped games were all the same style you don't tease an announcement.. it's a pr nightmare

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
god I'm looking forward to them revealing that it's not Bloodborne. I'm gonna enjoy watching everyone lose their collective shit over it

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
If t isn't bloodborne 2 it's going to be the most disappointing announcement in video game history. When your last four most hyped games were all the same style you don't tease an announcement.. it's a pr nightmare
New IP instead of a sequel to a platform exclusive game that sold about the same as 1 2 Switch.

"Most disappointing announcement in video game history"

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

dHiObQL.gif

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Why compare the two at all?
I just find the notion of this game not the sequel to Bloodborne, a successful game albeit nowhere near the sales number of most AAA titles, being the most disappointing announcement in video game history silly.

Also Shadows Die TWICE

1 TWO Switch

The pieces are there...

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
LOL

Why people think this is Bloodborne 2? Makes no f sense. This is clearly a new multi platform title...maybe inspired by, but has nothing to do with Bloodborne or souls series imo.

Also, if this project were Bloodborne 2 Sony would reveal a teaser under its own rights (since Bloodborne belongs to sony) at E3 or PSX, making it clear that it's a playstation exclusive.

I can't wait to know more about it... I have no expectations at all... just surprise me FS :)

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Only if your fans are babies that need to be coddled.

Oct 27, 2017
It is probably a survival horror game with slight souls elements to it (difficulty wise). I am starting to expect something completely different from their expected MO.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no reason for FROM to invoke such Bloodborne imagery with no intention:

1) the clear focus on blood
2) a contraption that is similar to a trick weapon
3) text with similar font
4) shadows die twice has direct reference to bloodborne: to slay the nightmare the shadow of the final boss is killed.

Oct 27, 2017
There's no reason for FROM to invoke such Bloodborne imagery with no intention:

1) the clear focus on blood
2) a contraption that is similar to a trick weapon
3) text with similar font
4) shadows die twice has direct reference to bloodborne: to slay the nightmare the shadow of the final boss is killed.

It is not "Bloodborne 2", because it will be an 'origins' (prequel) to BB. ;)

Solrac

Nov 4, 2017
showing a teaser that everything is related to bloodborne but at the end is not bloodborne, could become a double edged sword...

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
To complain that everything about Y is related to X when you know just about nothing about Y seems pretty ridiculous to me.
Especially when one of those reasons is "there was blood"
A company thats known for dark and gory games comtinues to make dark and gory games isnt a secret.
And every odd object that can't be immediately recognized doesnt mean its a trick weapon lol.

Deleted member 15538

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tenchu would suck, never liked it. :p Also Ghost of whatever is coming and offcourse Onimusha Remake.
Don't want BB2 either really, keep that for later. And I have DS1R next month, playing it for the first time!

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
showing a teaser with some mechanism stained with blood that looks pretty much like a trick weapon, bells rings in the background, the word twice, the community did the research while ago, and you'll see a lot more coincidences...
http://www.top-news.top/news-13958852.html

So you mean, like the research people did that imply it's related to Kuon, posted in this very thread? XD

Or you know, the mod confirmed insiders repeating it's NOT Bloodborne?

Like really, why does it have to be BB2? Have people forgotten that From making different things is what gave us Bloodborne in the first place? Who's to say that this new project won't end up better than Bloodborne, if it is a new game? It might even still play like BB but with differences like BB compared to Souls.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
showing a teaser that everything is related to bloodborne but at the end is not bloodborne, could become a double edged sword...
What'S related to Bloodborne exactly? The old chinese writing in the back? The device that could be fuck all? The sound someone else pointed out that is straight from Kuon? (That's not from BB).
The only thing in comon is...blood.
Come on.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
If you genuinely feel trolled by Fromsoft because you chose to see what you wanted to see and it didnt come to fruition you dont really have anyone to blame but yourself.
Don't you get your information from a friend, or do you have insight (lol) to what they're designing internally? I think it's awesome that you're here to share this information but were you actually ever verified?

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you get your information from a friend, or do you have insight (lol) to what they're designing internally? I think it's awesome that you're here to share this information but were you actually ever verified?
I got verified officially during TGA* by ZhugeEX, tag is a representation of verification.

Where did you get that I got information from a friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.