• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Judging by some of the responses in this thread, I guess women shouldn't wear bikinis at a beach because "well they're mostly naked what do they expect"?

Idiot boys need to keep their goddamn hands to themselves, keep their dick in their pants, and don't stare.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
I've been going to festivals all my life and never thought it was rampant. But I am sure there is a big difference between more jam band/hippy style festivals such as Lockn, Telluride, Northwest String Summit, Rothbury (before it turned into EFF), Allgood, Peach Fest, etc than Coachelle, SXSW, Bonnaroo, and EDM fests, etc.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I've seen the "throw her over the shoulder" thing but it's always been with willing participants, and like in a pool or something fun.

Do you know this person? Did you get her permission to even touch her? If the answer is no to either of these then go fuck off, bois. I hope some of them at least got pissed on.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Victim blaming.
Festivals like Coachella have gotten too mainstream. They're only meant for a certain type of people. Not saying what was done in the OP wasn't wrong but it's not surprising. Its like bringing your kids to Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras and complaining that they've saw too much nudity.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Festivals like Coachella have gotten too mainstream. They're only meant for a certain type of people. Not saying what was done in the OP wasn't wrong but it's not surprising. Its like bringing your kids to Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras and complaining that they've saw too much nudity.

It's a music festival meant for everyone and women shouldn't have to be worried about shit like being picked up and carried around by rando meatheads.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So women should just expect to be harassed at Coachella?

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Your post doesn't make any sense. What does being mainstream have to do with women being sexually harassed/assaulted or raped. That is not acceptable anywhere even Mardi Gras. I'm sitting here thinking you typed a nonsensical post.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
If you remove time at festivals from my life, I've probably seen 2 or 3 acts of extreme sexual harassment in my life.

If you include time at festivals, well... I've seen so much heinous shit at them. A lot of dudes (and some women) think they can get away with anything in festival environments.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
"I liked Coachella before it was a problem to sexually harass women."

Miss me with this normalization bullshit. Sexual harassment is a problem for everyone, everywhere, every time. Coachella is for people who are a fan of the music being performed, that's literally the only prerequisite you could levy against it. And even then, who am I to tell people about how they spend their money?

Also let's not pretend this festival hasn't been booking acts like Coldplay, Jack Johnson, and the Chili Peppers since the mid 2000s. They've had their toes in the "mainstream" for well over a decade now. Nevermind the fact that your equation of "mainstream" with "normies complaining about having their titties groped" is complete and utter bullshit.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But it's totally ok for a females to be 95% naked and not have people creep on you?

Look, yeah it's bad. But I think it's a both female/male issue.

To elaborate further cause y'all take shit so sensitive.

Not saying guys don't do stupid shit but if You've been to Coachella you would know that they should regulate the dress code a little to stop this from happening more

No means no. No ifs, no buts, no cuts. NO!

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen girls get groped in mosh pits, but the stuff I've read about at festivals I've been "lucky" enough to not have seen, though I have no doubt it happens. The accounts of sexual assaults at Woodstock '99 were awful.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
This is partly why the "bitch" thread was so disheartening.

Misogyny is completely normalised and despite a number of male and female posters saying "this isn't cool", you had a bunch of obnoxious males simply saying "nah it's fine" over and over again.
This
Nah. I'm not suggesting anyone in that thread is a sexual predator but it was chock full of posts normalising misogyny which has a direct correlation with this sort of thing.

Nothing slimy about the truth but sorry if that upsets you.

Also, I'm not calling them out because "they disagree with me", I'm calling them out because they're cool with casual misogyny.
And this. If you take part in normalizing misogyny you're enabling sexual harassment whether you mean to or not.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Oh right, it's the woman's fault for getting sexually harassed because they wanted to listen to music.

Honestly, this thread is eye-opening, in a very bad way.