AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I never noticed this before but the green glow effect on top of the Series X seems to be paying homage to the OG Xbox.
1tnpI7x.jpg

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
Theres a thinish piece of green colored plastic with the same holes as the grey above, and with the curve and angle it makes the illusion

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Not buying it. Needs a chrome "XBOX" on it or else it's just some lame-o REAL XBOX wannabe.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love it but I wish it was actually glowing rather than painted on. More RGB consoles pls

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
was it the ps4 at launch that everyone freaked out about the light bar on the console? probably would be the same here if it actually glowed

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
it took you this long to figure that out?

anywho, the revised Xbox controllers are some of my favorite of all time

mangrilla

Aug 28, 2020
Washington, DC
Still amazing to think they made a different controller for the Japan launch, and took them a year to be like... oh we should make this better controller available worldwide.

Looking back at at those (which is what I had - I was late to the party on OG Xbox) and I forgot about them too. Black and white buttons... Man, blast from the past. Also just shows how just amazing of an improvement the 360 controllers were, as they completely washed away my memory of the original controllers. Well, that and time and booze etc. etc. etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else hear Avator Roku's voice from the Avatar State episode of The Last Airbender, when reading the word 'glow'?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I plan on having that stick out towards the couch, would prefer it be all black but whatever.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
If it was a light, you'd get a radioactive waffle on your ceiling. One more thing for the concern trolls to whine about.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Yeah, I like it. I'm personally glad it doesn't light up, because I'm wanting it blend in with the lights off.

Someone from Microsoft said it was like seeing the soul of xbox inside this new machine. It's a little cheesy, but I like that notion.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
I'm sure it sort of pays homage, but green elements have been part of the brand from the start one way or another. I think Xbox One is the only time green hasn't appeared directly on the machine in some way.

Cool regardless though, I like the look of the thing

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Good lord those controllers are uuuuuuuugly.

That said, I didn't think this was an homage, just the general look of Xbox but I still dig it - though now that I think about it, I don't remember the green on my 360s. Still, love the green and black look on XSX.
but they were so comfortable for those of us with bigger hands. Easily my favorite controller of all time. Or, it would be if the D-pad wasn't so bad (IIRC).